USC picked to win SEC

I honestly could see UT finishing 2nd but I could also see them down in the middle of the pack again. A lot depends on health and how the freshmen adjust. This class has definite star power and potential, plus Russell and Nared are both proven players. If I were Holly, I would start those two with Hayes, Westbrook and Davis, and let them run with things. There will be an adjustment period for sure and I expect a couple of losses to some top programs while the learning is taking place.

Reactions: 1 person
I honestly could see UT finishing 2nd but I could also see them down in the middle of the pack again. A lot depends on health and how the freshmen adjust. This class has definite star power and potential, plus Russell and Nared are both proven players. If I were Holly, I would start those two with Hayes, Westbrook and Davis, and let them run with things. There will be an adjustment period for sure and I expect a couple of losses to some top programs while the learning is taking place.

Tennessee probably has the most talented team in the SEC, but they have yet to play up to their talent consistently. Even in the seasons that they didn't suck, they would still play down to the level of their opponents.

They have no business losing to any team other than TAMU, SC, MSU, Texas and ND this season.

Reactions: 2 people
South Carolina could struggle if they can't get the outside shooting. We will win the league if Davis turns out to be Holdsclaw 2 and Green is Anosike.

South Carolina could struggle if they can't get the outside shooting. We will win the league if Davis turns out to be Holdsclaw 2 and Green is Anosike.

I guarantee you their will be more pressure on Tenn then their will be on SC.

I guarantee you their will be more pressure on Tenn then their will be on SC.

Really freshman players have pressure and were picked to finish fourth in the league. That doesn't sound like much pressure on the other hand SC picked to win now must make it happen can they?

Reactions: 2 people
Really freshman players have pressure and were picked to finish fourth in the league. That doesn't sound like much pressure on the other hand SC picked to win now must make it happen can they?

Pressure is on but Dawn and co has faced that question well on multiple occasions

I'm picking Mississippi State to win it all. Best PG, best SG and an ever improving McCowan.

They add some pretty good newcomers as well including a 6'1 forward from Australia who could be one of the better freshmen in the SEC this year. They also get an eligible Jordan Danberry from Arkansas in January. She will add great depth to their already elite back court. Depth in the front court will be their main concern IMO. They only have 6'3 and 6'2 underclassmen that have very little experience to back up McCowan.

Of course SC adds Jennings, LaDazhia Williams and possibly T'ea Cooper if she gets approved to waive the sit out year. SC is loaded to say the least.

I'm picking Mississippi State to win it all. Best PG, best SG and an ever improving McCowan.

They add some pretty good newcomers as well including a 6'1 forward from Australia who could be one of the better freshmen in the SEC this year. They also get an eligible Jordan Danberry from Arkansas in January. She will add great depth to their already elite back court. Depth in the front court will be their main concern IMO. They only have 6'3 and 6'2 underclassmen that have very little experience to back up McCowan.

Of course SC adds Jennings, LaDazhia Williams and possibly T'ea Cooper if she gets approved to waive the sit out year. SC is loaded to say the least.

Are you saying Victoria Vivians is the best SG in the country ?? :blink::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle:

And Mississippi State has an excellent head coach.

It is closer this season than in past seasons. In past seasons SC had a clear advantage this time it is going to be a three or four team race.

Mizzou, was picked to finish 3rd in SEC..

Mizzou lost today 76-79 to WKU!!
That is why we play the games. I never thought they were third in the league and they could still finish there but if they do will be a surprise to me as it was when I saw that prediction.

And a damn good coach!

VN Store

Back