Lady Vol Practice Begins today.

Hopefully we'll get more information about them than we have with the softball fall season games.

My starting lineup:

PG-Westbrooks
SG-Davis
C-Russell
PF-Green
WF-Nared

First off the bench Hayes, Jackson, and Dunbar

http://www.utsports.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

I like it but I would start 3 of the freshman.

I would go;

PG-Hayes
SG-Westbrook
SF-Nared
PF-Davis
C-Russell

I would use Green as the first sub until she is comfortable with her Knee. It also allows us to have her as the primary backup to Russell and Davis until KK is ready. With Davis at the 4 spot it is an advantage for us because she can shoot from 3 and she is a heck of a rebounder. It will pull her defender away from the basket.

I like the option of Hayes and Westbrook playing together because it gives us speed that we haven't seen in a while and I don't want Davis having to chase around quick guards.

H

I have a piece of paper here on my desk dated July 15. Predicted starting lineup.

Hayes and Westbrook, interchangeably at the PG and 2 guard. Look for them to be rationed out since they are the only guards we have.

MeMe Jackson at the wing and spending a lot of time subbing out one of the guards.. For the above guard shortage R. Davis will play a lot at the wing.

Power forward - Jamie. I think we'll see a lot of Kortney at the four and if either of the other posts (Green, K.K. and Kamera) can break into the large minute group, Jamie could move to the wing when things are hot.

Center - Mercedes will play about 30 minutes in contested games with KK being first off the bench depending on how Green is doing.

It'll be strange to see a lineup of 4 freshmen and a Juco. How long since we've had a team on the court that did not have anyone from last years team?

Today is the full team practice? help me please with the rules re what is allowed for practice in terms of time allowed per day, time allowed for strength work , etc.

thanks

We don't have many lineup options since we only have 8 players who are likely to see action.

Hayes, Westbrook, Davis, Nared, Russell. This will be Nared and Russell leading the young pups and honestly just give them the roster and let them work. It may not be pretty to start, but there is no real depth and the sooner they learn, the better off the team will be next year when the two seniors are gone

i'm excited bout this season!!green n davis are both i'm really looking to see.you see pic green standing there--she big ole school lady vol yes.hell haven't seen big powerful legs since tiff johnson,flucker you name them.

This her final season as a Lady Vol and all I can think about is the possibility that Kortney will see lots and lots of court time.

When K.D was a sophomore she and Alexa Middleton were starters for about 4 games in the preseason. That also was Nia Moore's senior season with all 3 LVs starters playing their best basketball at Tennessee that I was oh so happy to bare witness. They were fun!

To me Kortney was on her way to a breakout season only to be stopped in her tracks by C.H.W.

From that article. Their are only10 players on the team and 9 of them were mentioned by Holly. Guess which player didn't garner a mention?

:hi: Good luck Kortney.

You'll need it. :good!:

GOLadyVols!

I look for a huge year from Mercedes who will establish herself as one of the top picks in the draft. I expect there will be some ups and downs early in the season as the new players adapt to the game but I feel this team will be tighter than those of recent past and the players and coaches will have each others backs and that will make a difference in this team.

Reactions: 1 person
I like it but I would start 3 of the freshman.

I would go;

PG-Hayes
SG-Westbrook
SF-Nared
PF-Davis
C-Russell

I would use Green as the first sub until she is comfortable with her Knee. It also allows us to have her as the primary backup to Russell and Davis until KK is ready. With Davis at the 4 spot it is an advantage for us because she can shoot from 3 and she is a heck of a rebounder. It will pull her defender away from the basket.

I like the option of Hayes and Westbrook playing together because it gives us speed that we haven't seen in a while and I don't want Davis having to chase around quick guards.

H
That works for me as well if they can rebound well enough.

Hopefully Mercedes and Jaime can give us 35 a game and the rest of the team can get us 40 to 45 with a lot better efficiency than the bench was able to provide last season.
If we can get that type of scoring with an efficiency of at least 45 percent from the floor and 12 turnovers or less per game then we'll be a much better team.
Another area is rebounding where we gave up way to many second chance points last season. We have to limit teams to one shot per possession a lot more than we did last year.
My thought is that Russell will be better or at least the same. Looking for a huge season out of Nared. I like out point guard position much better than last season even if they are freshmen. The key to be a great team will be determined by what we get from the two guard and four position. We need these positions to produce over 20 ppg and at least 12 to 15 rebounds.
The huge key is efficiency of possessions something we have been terrible at the last few seasons.

This her final season as a Lady Vol and all I can think about is the possibility that Kortney will see lots and lots of court time.

When K.D was a sophomore she and Alexa Middleton were starters for about 4 games in the preseason. That also was Nia Moore's senior season with all 3 LVs starters playing their best basketball at Tennessee that I was oh so happy to bare witness. They were fun!

To me Kortney was on her way to a breakout season only to be stopped in her tracks by C.H.W.

From that article. Their are only10 players on the team and 9 of them were mentioned by Holly. Guess which player didn't garner a mention?

:hi: Good luck Kortney.

You'll need it. :good!:

GOLadyVols!

:shakehead:

Hopefully we'll get more information about them than we have with the softball fall season games.

My starting lineup:

PG-Westbrooks
SG-Davis
C-Russell
PF-Green
WF-Nared

First off the bench Hayes, Jackson, and Dunbar

University of Tennessee Athletics

No matter what the starting lineup is the success of this team will depend upon coaching and the leadership of Nard and Russell. This can be a successful year because all the parts are there. We just have to hope that they connect the dots. I am a little nervous but think we have the tools to win.

No matter what the starting lineup is the success of this team will depend upon coaching and the leadership of Nard and Russell. This can be a successful year because all the parts are there. We just have to hope that they connect the dots. I am a little nervous but think we have the tools to win.

and will be playing three true freshmen extensively. So I wouldn't say that "all the parts are there." If all the parts were there, we'd have a deeper and more experienced lineup. But Warlick had better make some hay this year because next year could be very tough without Nared and Russell.

Reactions: 2 people
and will be playing three true freshmen extensively. So I wouldn't say that "all the parts are there." If all the parts were there, we'd have a deeper and more experienced lineup. But Warlick had better make some hay this year because next year could be very tough without Nared and Russell.

The freshman are as talented as North Carolina’s freshmen class with Diamond D., except we have two seniors with exceptionally talent, if they play up to their potential. Just because you are deep does not mean you have all the parts. Genno won one title with 9 players. If we can keep all eight players healthy, and they play up to their potential, I believe we are a top ten team. There will be a learning curve for the freshmen, and a lot will depend upon how fast they grasp the college game.

Reactions: 1 person

The freshman are as talented as North Carolina’s freshmen class with Diamond D., except we have two seniors with exceptionally talent, if they play up to their potential. Just because you are deep does not mean you have all the parts. Genno won one title with 9 players. If we can keep all eight players healthy, and they play up to their potential, I believe we are a top ten team. There will be a learning curve for the freshmen, and a lot will depend upon how fast they grasp the college game.

VN Store

Back