Kara Lawson’s new job

VA_VOLFAN

Congrats Kara! Maybe this is why she didn’t look at coaching? She had something brewing in the works. Has called women’s basketball games, men’s college basketball games, worked for the Sacramento Kings, and also called NBA games. A job close to where she grew up, she can be around family (just lost her dad), she travels but when there is a home game she is home... Taking over as color analysist for Phil Chener. Nice!!

https://www.twitter.com/WashWizards/status/913042458786791424

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Yea, perfectly fine new job for Lawson but I'd like to see her become a coach. She's got the qualities, and goodness knows we need more a UT coaching tree. The pickings are slim--as if that wasn't obvious.

Reactions: 1 person
Yea, perfectly fine new job for Lawson but I'd like to see her become a coach. She's got the qualities, and goodness knows we need more a UT coaching tree. The pickings are slim--as if that wasn't obvious.

Yes it is a perfectly fine job for Kara who has worked hard to put herself in this position. So let’s not make this a bash post ! CPS taught her players about basketball but more so about putting yourself in a position to be a better person than basketball player. Kara embodies al of that. I am sure this decision was not made lightly as her dad was sick, she is closer to home, and thus provides yet another opportunity to break another barrier.

Reactions: 2 people
So she's not doing ESPN studio commentary anymore? Shame, since she was one of their best.

Congrats Kara! Maybe this is why she didn’t look at coaching? She had something brewing in the works. Has called women’s basketball games, men’s college basketball games, worked for the Sacramento Kings, and also called NBA games. A job close to where she grew up, she can be around family (just lost her dad), she travels but when there is a home game she is home... Taking over as color analysist for Phil Chener. Nice!!

https://www.twitter.com/WashWizards/status/913042458786791424

Can you imagine what her resume must look like? My heavens, just think of her references! Happy for her but at the same time sad WCBB will be losing another good analyst. She was very thorough, knowledgeable, and honest. I had no idea her father was born in my neck of the woods. Glad she can be near home and still do great work in sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Good news for Kara. Bad news for us that like to watch ESPN. I think she's the best basketball analyst they had other than Bilas.

Reactions: 3 people
VFL...no matter what she does...:good!::good!:...and

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously with all the layoffs by Disney of ESPN staff she probably looked at other alternatives and I would expect she had multiple offers.

Obviously with all the layoffs by Disney of ESPN staff she probably looked at other alternatives and I would expect she had multiple offers.

I own some Disney stock and Disney needs to do something to break out of a long funk. While the stock stinks, I would think there are many in line for layoffs ahead of Kara. She is really good. They can take Doris instead.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back