Coaches, agents charged by FBI

JohnStL

The breaking news on $$ being given to male basketball player in selecting the college and in getting an agent after college is probably no only about males. The amount of money discussed in the article is significant.

However, the latest is another example of how players are influenced to attend a particular university. And the findings were by the FBI not the NCAA. With no knowledge but strong conviction there are players that the LVs make no effort to recruit because they are being shopped. Many of us remember a post, not named, but the MVP 2017 was nearly a commit with the LVs and then very suddenly she ended up elsewhere.

thoughts?

Was alcohol involved? If so then they were hammered and deserve a mulligan.

The breaking news on $$ being given to male basketball player in selecting the college and in getting an agent after college is probably no only about males. The amount of money discussed in the article is significant.

However, the latest is another example of how players are influenced to attend a particular university. And the findings were by the FBI not the NCAA. With no knowledge but strong conviction there are players that the LVs make no effort to recruit because they are being shopped. Many of us remember a post, not named, but the MVP 2017 was nearly a commit with the LVs and then very suddenly she ended up elsewhere.

thoughts?

Who was the player?

Why don't coaches speak up if they know a recruit is being paid elsewhere?

Idk but if I found out a fellow conference member or rival was doing it I would be the first to say something. I'm not going to let another team cheat and get away with it if I know it's going on.

Reactions: 1 person
News said that Chuck Persons from Auburn was involved. Wonder if Coach Pearl knows anything about that?

I wondered if Baylor women's basketball recruiting would be affected by its allegations involving football players and co-eds. and the remarks from Baylor academic and sports "leaders." and obviously no affect.

Now U of Louisville and men's basketball where their coach remains innocent of yet another scandal and the fear is the "death penalty." Will it impact the women's program and its integrity?

(Note: Not implying anything negative - just aware of what was uncovered in the latest men's basketball story exists in many other flavors throughout collegiate sports)

Also noted with interest the NCAA spokesman stated the Association was surprised.

To bad Holly wasn't charged. Would be easier to get rid of her then.

Surely you wouldn't REALLY want the program to possibly be deeply penalized and its reputation to be permanently damaged just because you'd like to see a coaching change.

The idea that a Lady Vols fan would actually want that to happen is truly sad to me. I mean, I DO miss knowing our team was going to be in the Final Four conversation every season. I miss that A LOT.

But I'd rather lose to Alabama every time we play them than see Holly go down in flames because of player payouts or any other fireable offense that ruins the Lady Vols' reputation.

Reactions: 6 people
:rock:Totally shocked that Calaperi was not caught in that group...maybe there is more coming.:eek:lol:

thoughts?

Reactions: 1 person
You know its serious when the ncaa is totally sidestepped by the fbi..i dont even think the ncaa knew until the arrests were made..

This seems pretty vile and classless.

You would know..

Wondering if someone is alive because you have heard nothing about them is pretty tame..

Hoping someone gets incarcerated or totally discredited within their profession to satisfy your ego??..Yeah you are definitely as classless as I thought..TRULY pathetic....

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
To bad Holly wasn't charged. Would be easier to get rid of her then.

never happen ****ers!!!you really think a woman who watched coach summit who was followed rules n did right thing.yeah coach warlick going to that.hell you fools know nothing bout lady vols basketball.

Reactions: 2 people
You know its serious when the ncaa is totally sidestepped by the fbi..i dont even think the ncaa knew until the arrests were made..

Why have the NCAA if they did not know what was going on. This might be the end of the NCAA. Although some body is needed to prevent gross cheating, the NCAA has failed. It is difficult to believe that they nor the head coaches did not know about the payoffs.

VN Store

Back