Charli Collier decommited from Uconn

I think C.Collier just wanted to stay close to her family,and really start thinking about the distances.

I think C.Collier just wanted to stay close to her family,and really start thinking about the distances.

I'm just wondering how Texas is going to manage all these post players they're loading; They already have 6'5, another 6'4, 6'4 including Jatari, now 6'7 & Collier wow

Reactions: 1 person
Stay tuned for more of this...and reference the transfer circus on display this past spring.

The definition for commitment should be amended to add temporary in there somewhere. A player of today might define it as: a temporary pledge that might be extended provided my satisfaction is being nursed based on my conditions. Me! Me! Me!

I wonder if this de-commit negatively impacts Tennessee's chance to land Aliyah Boston eventually?

Stay tuned for more of this...and reference the transfer circus on display this past spring.

The definition for commitment should be amended to add temporary in there somewhere. A player of today might define it as: a temporary pledge that might be extended provided my satisfaction is being nursed based on my conditions. Me! Me! Me!

I wonder if this de-commit negatively impacts Tennessee's chance to land Aliyah Boston eventually?
Why do you think it might impact us landing Boston? U think UConn is going to go harder at her?

I don't believe that every player who de-commits or transfers should be suspected of doing so because she didn't feel coddled enough, but it sure does seem strange that it's so common now.

I think it's more that there no longer exists the negative stigma that USED TO go along with de-committing and transferring. Players used to fear that they'd be perceived as disloyal, or unappreciative of the opportunity they'd been given, or of "quitting on" their team and coaches. Those relatively few players who did transfer back in the day often had to battle whispers of, "she's selfish," or "she's afraid she's going to have to work too hard," etc.

These days it almost seems like many of top players feel like they're not cool unless they change their minds and shake up the basketball world! It used to be only the extreme cases of homesickness or role players seeking more playing time who would make the difficult choice. But now that there is no stigma attached, the floodgates are open!

I don't believe that every player who de-commits or transfers should be suspected of doing so because she didn't feel coddled enough, but it sure does seem strange that it's so common now.

I think it's more that there no longer exists the negative stigma that USED TO go along with de-committing and transferring. Players used to fear that they'd be perceived as disloyal, or unappreciative of the opportunity they'd been given, or of "quitting on" their team and coaches. Those relatively few players who did transfer back in the day often had to battle whispers of, "she's selfish," or "she's afraid she's going to have to work too hard," etc.

These days it almost seems like many of top players feel like they're not cool unless they change their minds and shake up the basketball world! It used to be only the extreme cases of homesickness or role players seeking more playing time who would make the difficult choice. But now that there is no stigma attached, the floodgates are open!

That definitely still exists.

I think with all these prospects changing decisions, and players transferring.... it is really a case by case business..... and I also think we are quick to put labels on these prospects and players.... It is short-sighted.... I have my own thoughts on DD and what her thought process was .... from UNC to LVs.... Ultimately it was her decision every step of the way....

With Collier, she obviously knew the type of coaching she was to receive at UConn.... and at some level mapped out her next few years in her mind.... and switched her mind before signing day.... personally I believe this is a case of preferring to stay closer to home... no more than that....

Whatever her motivation on her decision change, I am sure she made it with sound mind and in concert with those closest to her.

On Texas, that team has always had a good supply of trees inside and a shortage of able PGs and distributors of the ball... will be interesting if team will be balanced ... sufficiently to battle for supremacy in WCBB in the near future

Looks like Colliers change from Uconn back to Texas has had repercussions. Their head count was going to be over the 15 limit. So someone has to go!

Looks like it's Shae Rouh 6' W a three star ⭐️ comit is the first one out! Decomit from Texas.

Looks like Colliers change from Uconn back to Texas has had repercussions. Their head count was going to be over the 15 limit. So someone has to go!

Looks like it's Shae Rouh 6' W a three star ⭐️ comit is the first one out! Decomit from Texas.

Yeah ... I'm sure "she" decommitted"

Is this any surprise? Karen's probably telling them they it's unlikely they will be part of the playing rotation, so they are reading between the lines and moving on. I doubt she's pulling offers.

Is this any surprise? Karen's probably telling them they it's unlikely they will be part of the playing rotation, so they are reading between the lines and moving on. I doubt she's pulling offers.

You might not want to believe it but it is done, coaches pull offers for better talent a lot. A simple you can stay and be apart of the team but we have no money for you the first year

Most people might think if you sign a scholarship papers you have a full paid ride for four years! NOT.....scholarships are signed/offered annually!

In this case there was a verbal by this person.... they could have changed their mind .... (Like Collier)
No letter of intent.... cannot even sign until November! Everyone can back out of agreement until some paperwork is offered and signed!!!!

Sorry but SEE YAH 😈

VN Store

Back