Accommodations Within Walking Distance of Bridgestone Arena

mutt

Trying to make plans for the SEC tourney in Nashville. Would appreciate recommendations within walking distance from the arena. I would love to find an apartment type arrangement with a kitchenette, living area and two bedrooms. Does anyone have any experience with the Quarters? Thanks.

Air bnb may be good to find downtown condos if you want walking distance. Other than that, expect to pay more per night than New York hotels in downtown Nashville. You will be hard pressed to find anything less than 400.00 a night during that time and I doubt they would even have kitchenettes.

comfort Inn Downtown was kind of reasonable.
Capitol Hotel not as reasonable but supposed to be within walking distance.

Holiday Inn on Broadway, can walk from there. @$1,300-1,400 for four nights plus $30/night parking. Room with mini fridge/micro. Breakfast included. Stayed there every time the Ladys play in Nashville, it's fine.

You people need to use priceline. I swear i have never stayed in a hotel in Nashville (Chicago or Miami) 4 or 5 start, and paid over 120 bucks a night. Yes, I stayed there for the SEC womens tournament...seriously it is only about what 25k people, that is hardly a huge drawl on Nashville accommedations. Simple tips...choose 5 star only and the area of town you want. Then if bid isnt taken, add 4 stars...a quick search on their site of the area will clue you in on if there are any 5,4,3 etc hotels in that area. If there are not...for instance downtown Nashville only has 4 and 5 in the arena area...you can bid again and again adding less stars without fear of a bad hotel. You can start bidding all over in 3 days too. I usually book a week or 2 ahead. I think my last 3 stays in Nashville ...omni i got for 98 bucks, concert was in town, the one that overlooks the football stadium for Womens SEC tournament 105 a night. W was 120 but i needed 4 nights and it was mid week...the most expensive.

Or call a travel agent, they know deals and get commission for booking. Please don't ever pay asking price. I was a hotel GM with Doubletree...I know the system. An allotment of rooms are reserved for priceline to rent and the hotel can set the acceptance rate. All the hotels kinda know what the others rate is for accepting. It is usually 65% asking price...however, when a hotel is not booked tgey will drop below that level in order to fill up. Much cheaper to run a full hotel at discounted price than to run it half full. Add on parking, drinks, room service, you see the picture.

Reactions: 1 person
You people need to use priceline. I swear i have never stayed in a hotel in Nashville (Chicago or Miami) 4 or 5 start, and paid over 120 bucks a night. Yes, I stayed there for the SEC womens tournament...seriously it is only about what 25k people, that is hardly a huge drawl on Nashville accommedations. Simple tips...choose 5 star only and the area of town you want. Then if bid isnt taken, add 4 stars...a quick search on their site of the area will clue you in on if there are any 5,4,3 etc hotels in that area. If there are not...for instance downtown Nashville only has 4 and 5 in the arena area...you can bid again and again adding less stars without fear of a bad hotel. You can start bidding all over in 3 days too. I usually book a week or 2 ahead. I think my last 3 stays in Nashville ...omni i got for 98 bucks, concert was in town, the one that overlooks the football stadium for Womens SEC tournament 105 a night. W was 120 but i needed 4 nights and it was mid week...the most expensive.

Or call a travel agent, they know deals and get commission for booking. Please don't ever pay asking price. I was a hotel GM with Doubletree...I know the system. An allotment of rooms are reserved for priceline to rent and the hotel can set the acceptance rate. All the hotels kinda know what the others rate is for accepting. It is usually 65% asking price...however, when a hotel is not booked tgey will drop below that level in order to fill up. Much cheaper to run a full hotel at discounted price than to run it half full. Add on parking, drinks, room service, you see the picture.

Now you tell me! Will you please redo my reservation, info above? I'll give you a cut of the savings😃😃👍👍.

Only thing about priceline is that you can't cancel if you need to(unless that has changed since I quit using them). Bought the insurance and needed to cancel once, you practically had to die for it to pay off.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes there is that...no cancel. There is another site a friend uses but rooms don't become available until noon on that day, but boy he stayed really cheap in Phoenix last march. All resorts and under 80 bucks a nite.

The point is, nobody needs to pay published prices. There are only a few days a year hotels don't need to deal...new years, college home coming in college towns, and major holidays like the beach for spring break.

The best hotels offer discounts by joining one of their programs, usually as simple as signing up. Find out what credit cards build points, and if you can switch to it and simply pay all your bills with it, and pay off before next cycle...no interest...tons of points. I stayed in Key West ( i am praying for them) completely free for a week with Hilton rewards. I simply moved my morgage payment, electric payment and cell payment to a points card for 6 months and I had enough points. I understand not everyone can do that, but to a level it is very important everyone does to improve their credit score.

If you have to travel for work, insist on travel miles on your account...many of the better hotels trade miles for stay.

Best of luck. If anyone has questions on bidding on priceline and how hotels work...I am happily retired and love helping others...shoot me a message.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Yes there is that...no cancel. There is another site a friend uses but rooms don't become available until noon on that day, but boy he stayed really cheap in Phoenix last march. All resorts and under 80 bucks a nite.

The point is, nobody needs to pay published prices. There are only a few days a year hotels don't need to deal...new years, college home coming in college towns, and major holidays like the beach for spring break.

The best hotels offer discounts by joining one of their programs, usually as simple as signing up. Find out what credit cards build points, and if you can switch to it and simply pay all your bills with it, and pay off before next cycle...no interest...tons of points. I stayed in Key West ( i am praying for them) completely free for a week with Hilton rewards. I simply moved my morgage payment, electric payment and cell payment to a points card for 6 months and I had enough points. I understand not everyone can do that, but to a level it is very important everyone does to improve their credit score.

If you have to travel for work, insist on travel miles on your account...many of the better hotels trade miles for stay.

Best of luck. If anyone has questions on bidding on priceline and how hotels work...I am happily retired and love helping others...shoot me a message.

I am interested. I got my reservations though the Holiday Inn club or whatever, not saying best deal, but best I knew how to do. How do I message you?

Last edited:
Another site that explains how to do it...it calls it a hack, but to me that seems illegal, this is perfectly legal and helpful this link also tells you where to go to see recent winning bids.
http://blog.bench.co/blog/how-to-hack-priceline

I will have to say though, I've made several trips to Vanderbilt this year taking my mother to Vanderbilt and the room rates were always high. Ended up staying just outside downtown for a better rate.

VN Store

Back