hot shot

JFP

TEST
When a streak shooter starts hitting every shot she should:
A. Be called aside and told to get the ball inside and
concentrate on rebounding and defense.
B. Allowed to scramble and get her shots.
C. Have no set plays or effective screens on her behalf.
D. Told to stick to the game plan or get benched.
E. None of the above.

Reactions: 1 person
E. None of the above.

51M8KDHSKRL._SY445_.jpg

TEST
When a streak shooter starts hitting every shot she should:
A. Be called aside and told to get the ball inside and
concentrate on rebounding and defense.
B. Allowed to scramble and get her shots.
C. Have no set plays or effective screens on her behalf.
D. Told to stick to the game plan or get benched.
E. None of the above.

Is there a particular player this alludes to or is it several?

Que the "Fire Holly" progressives!!

Nothing personal, but...

For God's sake, it's CUE! not que or queue or anything else.

Cue, like a cue ball, or an actor getting his/her cue.

Sorry to interrupt the thread.

* goes over to sit in the shade and sip lemonade *

eta:I really do apologize. It's just that this drives me completely crazy. :-(

Last edited:
Oh, these drive posters. I guess this is a trick question given the scenario of "when a streak shooter starts hitting EVERY shot" never happens unless the streak is defined by two shots in a row (wow, she hit every one of her two shots!).

I can't really recall a scenario remotely like this happening last season because we were generally an abysmal shooting team. There were a few games where someone, generally Nared or Middleton and sometimes Diamond would have an above average nights from beyond the arc and the team would as the cliche goes "feed the hot hand."

I suspect that this post might be a version of the free KD meme but really, she did not have many, if any games, where she had a "hot" hand. I will give you that her playing situation did not help but there were games where she got several open looks but shot clunkers and then got benched. With KD, if she is not giving you 3 pointers, then her liability on defense becomes too much of unbalanced equation.

There are a lot scenarios where Holly can be rightly criticized but this fictional narrative really is not one of them.

Reactions: 3 people
Oh, these drive posters. I guess this is a trick question given the scenario of "when a streak shooter starts hitting EVERY shot" never happens unless the streak is defined by two shots in a row (wow, she hit every one of her two shots!).

I can't really recall a scenario remotely like this happening last season because we were generally an abysmal shooting team. There were a few games where someone, generally Nared or Middleton and sometimes Diamond would have an above average nights from beyond the arc and the team would as the cliche goes "feed the hot hand."

I suspect that this post might be a version of the free KD meme but really, she did not have many, if any games, where she had a "hot" hand. I will give you that her playing situation did not help but there were games where she got several open looks but shot clunkers and then got benched. With KD, if she is not giving you 3 pointers, then her liability on defense becomes too much of unbalanced equation.

There are a lot scenarios where Holly can be rightly criticized but this fictional narrative really is not one of them.

Amen!

Reactions: 1 person
E. She should continue to take good shots when open, realizing that nothing ever good comes from forcing shots. The team should recognize a hot hand and try to get her additional open looks.

VN Store

Back