Michelle Marciniak recounts final days of Pat

What a tear jerking story. There will never be another Pat Summitt. I really feel for anyone with that disease, not just Pat. She will always be in our hearts.

Reactions: 3 people
Pat's legacy will live on in the players she coached, she taught them life lessons as well as basketball. Most of them are making an impact on and off the court . Michelle affectionately known as "Spinderella" is one of my all time favorite LVs she personified the toughness, effort, and determination Pat tired to instill in her players . Thanks :good!:for posting OP!

Reactions: 2 people
What a tear jerking story. There will never be another Pat Summitt. I really feel for anyone with that disease, not just Pat. She will always be in our hearts.

Same here... I feel for anyone who loses a loved one to this horrible, cruel disease.

I sure admire Pat for fighting so hard and for stepping up to be the face of the disease and fighting for a cure. She was still thinking of others when she was literally fighting for her life. Truly a hero on and off the court!

Reactions: 3 people
I didn't know Marciniak was the first transfer to play for Pat!

She wasn't. During the early days of the LVs during Pat's era, Trish Roberts, Jill Rankin, and Cindy Brogdon all transferred to UT from other schools. Of course, this was during the AIAW days when there were no transfer restrictions so those women played without sitting out a season. It's quite possible she was the first after the NCAA began to govern women's basketball.

Still an excellent read. Hope Michelle's venture goes well.

Reactions: 2 people
Add Cindy Noble. She transferred from Ohio St. after one year. She was pre-NCAA too.

VN Store

Back