Mercedes and Jamie made the Under-23 team. Only School with two

Still don't understand why they even invited them if they weren't going to be on the team. Seems like a waste of spots for trials.
A. For team balance purposes for the trials.
B. Maybe they wanted a certain caliber of practice players to decide on the final 12 against.

B. Maybe they wanted a certain caliber of practice players to decide on the final 12 against.

You could of picked 5 other quality players that would of kept up the competitive level as well as keep the teams even.

The reasons , as previously stated, this was another way for the USAB too look at some of these players and before they look to inviting them to National team tryouts. So you invite Rebecca Greenwell (her teammate Lexi Brown was invited but had to decline due to academic commitments) although Duke couldn't go along with the huskies. This was a way to narrow the national team invitees and get another look at some of the top prospects.

Reactions: 1 person
Exactly. LV fans benefited in that uconn won't be able to play. If not for the Italy trip, Mercedes and Jaime may have had to beat out Azura Stevens, Gabby Williams and Napheesa Collier to make the team.

You could of picked 5 other quality players that would of kept up the competitive level as well as keep the teams even.

The reasons , as previously stated, this was another way for the USAB too look at some of these players and before they look to inviting them to National team tryouts. So you invite Rebecca Greenwell (her teammate Lexi Brown was invited but had to decline due to academic commitments) although Duke couldn't go along with the huskies. This was a way to narrow the national team invitees and get another look at some of the top prospects.

Perhaps it was stated on a different thread, I hadn't seen this explanation here. It makes sense. But does the selection committee stay the same for each USA team? I thought it was primarily the head coach's decision who makes the team and who doesn't (hence the big blowup about Geno selecting mostly UConn players and leaving Candace off of last year's Olympic team). USA U23 and USA National Team have different coaching staff.

Either way, I'm glad Jaime and Mercedes made it! I'm sure other young ladies would have loved to have the opportunity.

Last edited:
Exactly. LV fans benefited in that uconn won't be able to play. If not for the Italy trip, Mercedes and Jaime may have had to beat out Azura Stevens, Gabby Williams and Napheesa Collier to make the team.

That doesn't match with what I said ... so your point is not valid. Nice try though to make it into something it's not 😂😂😂!
But since we are going off topic has Geno ever taught you how to catch a sexual assault case against you? Since we are off topic I thought you may want to talk about that?

Reactions: 2 people
Perhaps it was stated on a different thread, I hadn't seen this explanation here. It makes sense. But does the selection committee stay the same for each USA team? I thought it was primarily the head coach's decision who makes the team and who doesn't (hence the big blowup about Geno selecting mostly UConn players and leaving Candace off of last year's Olympic team). USA U23 and USA National Team have different coaching staff.

Either way, I'm glad Jaime and Mercedes made it! I'm sure other young ladies would have loved to have the opportunity.

The big blow up is because while the selection committee "determines" who is "on" the team everybody knows that the head coach has very valuable input into what players he/she wants playing in their system. I would have looked sideways if Diana Taurasi or Sue Bird wasn't on there because they are cornerstones just like I did when Candace was left off the team. The explanation was given by Geno himself on a video as to why the young ladies were there.

And yes! Congrats to Jaime and Mercedes as they deserved to be on this team no matter who could of could not play do to previous commitments!!

Minutes will be interesting.
There are only 3 centers on the team so Mercedes should get a lot of playing time. I think it will be between her and Brown for starting.

This year's roster is VERY guard oriented. I'm excited to see how they will play Jamie. From the looks of it the roster, I could see her getting minutes at the 4. In international play, you do come across some really tall teams, and we only have 4 players over 6'

But since we are going off topic has Geno ever taught you how to catch a sexual assault case against you? Since we are off topic I thought you may want to talk about that?
If you insist. Anyone can file a law suit against anyone else. If there is no basis for the suit, the judge will dismiss the case. That's what happened in the suit brought against Geno. The law suit was bogus and died before it began.

If you insist. Anyone can file a law suit against anyone else. If there is no basis for the suit, the judge will dismiss the case. That's what happened in the suit brought against Geno. The law suit was bogus and died before it began.

Hmmmmm ... interesting theory.

While you are correct that this particular lawsuit was dismissed, it is incorrect to state that it was dismissed because it was "bogus". It may very well have been without merit, but the lawsuit was dismissed on technical grounds relating to venue and jurisdiction, not on the merits or because the suit failed to state a recognizable claim.

If you are going to attack a claim, it is usually better to have your facts straight!

Jim

Reactions: 4 people
While you are correct that this particular lawsuit was dismissed, it is incorrect to state that it was dismissed because it was "bogus". It may very well have been without merit, but the lawsuit was dismissed on technical grounds relating to venue and jurisdiction, not on the merits or because the suit failed to state a recognizable claim.

If you are going to attack a claim, it is usually better to have your facts straight!

Jim
Why would the plaintiff file in the wrong jurisdiction? Perhaps because they knew the complaint was bogus and knew the case would be thrown out if they filed in the correct place. They never refiled the case in the appropriate jurisdiction, therefore no case against Geno ever existed, though some here seem to believe otherwise.

VN Store

Back