Minor Recruiting Violation

I have to feel sorry for the young NCAA staffer who joined this prestigious body to help police the money grubbing universities while keeping amateur athletics pure.

Ponder what she/he might tell the significant other or family member about the accomplishment cited above which took four days to get approval from above.

If they self report enough trivial things, maybe the NCAA will finally look through the rule book and cull some of the really dumb ones.

Reactions: 1 person
It sounds like the compliance officer isn't involved proactively enough to avoid some of this BS. None of the WBB penalties were very severe, but it wastes a lot of time to deal with this after the fact.

If they self report enough trivial things, maybe the NCAA will finally look through the rule book and cull some of the really dumb ones.

Good point, but maybe overly optimistic....I mean these are the same people that produced the rule book.:):hi:

really ? spreading out paper instead of having it in a stack ?

no wonder there are so many violations happening

really ? spreading out paper instead of having it in a stack ?

no wonder there are so many violations happening

I read it twice...looking for the blue font :). Sometimes one just has to wonder about the powers that be, and I thought UT Admin was challenged!:eek:hmy:

It sounds like the compliance officer isn't involved proactively enough to avoid some of this BS. None of the WBB penalties were very severe, but it wastes a lot of time to deal with this after the fact.

The opposite, actually. In a 400+ page rulebook, these minor violations occur. It happens everywhere.

Reactions: 2 people
If another school actually did report Tennessee first.. it was likely one of the schools that at that particular time was also recruiting the players that Tennessee hosted that weekend..

That could help you possibly narrow down and see who's gunning for the LVs.

I would bet that the player being recruited had a pic of the room and info and showed it somewhere. Like that a**hole's parents did to Pearl with his cookout.

Indiana University called out the NCAA for what the university was heavy-handed versus common sense responsibility for a mistake reported by the compliance department that made a football player ineligible when he did nothing wrong. within the article is a second example where over sight was perhaps overdone.

http://www.idsnews.com/article/2017/08/sp-iufb-ncaa-makes-mistake

NCAA CREDO:

Little school, no money (power), not a big name: AXE 'EM!!!!

Big school, big money, big name: look the other way and drag it out as long as possible and never do anything about it.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back