Assistan Coach Timetable?

Hangtyme24

Does anyone know if there's a timetable set for hiring a new assistant coach? In previous threads I've read that interviews have been completed and an offer has already been made, but that was weeks ago and still no announcement yet. I'm just an eager fan ready to get this season started and would love to have an experienced assistant at the helm. Not asking for any inside info, just would like to know if there's a timetable set. Don't remember it taking this long to hire Coach Reeves.

Reactions: 1 person
Does anyone know if there's a timetable set for hiring a new assistant coach? In previous threads I've read that interviews have been completed and an offer has already been made, but that was weeks ago and still no announcement yet. I'm just an eager fan ready to get this season started and would love to have an experienced assistant at the helm. Not asking for any inside info, just would like to know if there's a timetable set. Don't remember it taking this long to hire Coach Reeves.

The coaches have been off campus on the recruiting trail. Heather Irvin, director of player development, has been filling in the fourth spot at AAU event. The timing is different as this is a pretty late time for a coaching search. Reeves was interviewed and hired shortly after the season last year so that is why it was a much quicker process. Holly has stated she is not going to rush it and find the absolute best fit.

With all that said, it is likely we will hear something by the end of this month. While they don't want to rush the hire there is a lot of interest from strong candidates so they will have options and want to make a hire before the end of the 2nd summer session.

Reactions: 8 people
The coaches have been off campus on the recruiting trail. Heather Irvin, director of player development, has been filling in the fourth spot at AAU event. The timing is different as this is a pretty late time for a coaching search. Reeves was interviewed and hired shortly after the season last year so that is why it was a much quicker process. Holly has stated she is not going to rush it and find the absolute best fit.

With all that said, it is likely we will hear something by the end of this month. While they don't want to rush the hire there is a lot of interest from strong candidates so they will have options and want to make a hire before the end of the 2nd summer session.

Hmmmmm....

"Strong candidates" is still evasive. Do we interpret that as proven, recognizable faces/names in the game today or determined up-and-comers who bring potential to this current team?

Strong candidates...?????

tyler Summitt is strong, jus sayin. He can pick up women. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
One criteria used for a strong candidate is the father or mother of a star player.

Coaching experience as an assistant, as a former coach

Known in a region of the country or states where the LVs would like more success'

Cred in being able to relate to 16-19 and their families

Very proficient on social media!!!

Close to AAU coaches who strongly influence players in their decisions

Have the ability to provide skill training in areas that need strengthening

a good fit with the other assistants and head coach

I'm sure that the LVs have defined criteria. But as fans and boarders during a stressful summer of observing drama we can only speculate.

and to use one of Putbacks well known phrase HMMMmmmmm.

Hmmmmm

nobody appreciates real commentary around here?

Think I'll just go on "Read only" and let ya'll have the floor.

Goodbye, cruel world!

fyre holly

Reactions: 2 people
nobody appreciates real commentary around here?

Think I'll just go on "Read only" and let ya'll have the floor.

Goodbye, cruel world!

fyre holly

Well, I like that! (Fans herself.) After I stood up for you! (Rolls eyes.) You have HURT MY FEELINGS. (Whimpers softly.) You could at least have said thank you.:cray:

See what happens when the Wifey is on call for 3 days delivering babies and leaves me here all alone to use the puter? lol

No,
They haven't called yet.

Reactions: 3 people
One criteria used for a strong candidate is the father or mother of a star player.

Coaching experience as an assistant, as a former coach

Known in a region of the country or states where the LVs would like more success'

Cred in being able to relate to 16-19 and their families

Very proficient on social media!!!

Close to AAU coaches who strongly influence players in their decisions

Have the ability to provide skill training in areas that need strengthening

a good fit with the other assistants and head coach

I'm sure that the LVs have defined criteria. But as fans and boarders during a stressful summer of observing drama we can only speculate.

and to use one of Putbacks well known phrase HMMMmmmmm.

Hmmmmm

Maya Moore's mom?

VN Store

Back