Joyner Holmes out for TX Fall Semester

It was this information which prompted my thread about academic eligibility. I'm not sure how she can be forced to sit out the semester, earning no academic credit, and then return in December and be immediately eligible to play.

Maybe I just don't understand the rules.

Jim

It was this information which prompted my thread about academic eligibility. I'm not sure how she can be forced to sit out the semester, earning no academic credit, and then return in December and be immediately eligible to play.

Jim

The way I took it she will be in classes just not with the team. She said she was going to work on her academics.

Reactions: 1 person
Quote "Joyner Holmes, last season’s Big 12 freshman of the year, will not be enrolled or compete during the fall semester due to a university violation, Texas officials announced Saturday." I'm not sure how that statement is misunderstood unless there is conflicting information elsewhere.

Quote "Joyner Holmes, last seasonÂ’s Big 12 freshman of the year, will not be enrolled or compete during the fall semester due to a university violation, Texas officials announced Saturday." I'm not sure how that statement is misunderstood unless there is conflicting information elsewhere.

I guess this is where I got confused. Sorry.

“I am committed to using this time to focus on myself, academics and improving as a basketball player. I am looking forward to returning in December to help our team reach our goals on the court.”

Reactions: 2 people

Jim

She is probably taking courses this summer which would count toward her classes in the fall semester which should allow her to still be eligible if I am not mistaken!

For instance if there are 2 summer sessions and she takes 6 per session (for a total of twelve credits) she would have the necessary 12 full time credits needed to remain eligible (as long as she pass the classes)

She is probably taking courses this summer which would count toward her classes in the fall semester which should allow her to still be eligible if I am not mistaken!

For instance if there are 2 summer sessions and she takes 6 per session (for a total of twelve credits) she would have the necessary 12 full time credits needed to remain eligible (as long as she pass the classes)

Boy, what ur trying to explain is already been explained! Taking classes and will rejoin December. lol

Kind of embarrassing when the whole world knows that a good player is out because of academic issues.
I didn't see anything that indicated grades were the issue. The reason was not divulged by the school because of privacy issues.

If it were grades, wouldn't the NCAA be the suspending authority? She was suspended by the school.

Boy, what ur trying to explain is already been explained! Taking classes and will rejoin December. lol

Jim asked a question and I responded to him because he didn't have clarity on the question, hence it wasn't explained!

I didn't see anything that indicated grades were the issue. The reason was not divulged by the school because of privacy issues.

If it were grades, wouldn't the NCAA be the suspending authority? She was suspended by the school.

It's the school priority to suspend a player for any violation, but when a school fails to do that and NCAA finds out they come in with big sanction, not on the player but on the school. That's why school need to take care of issues be4 anyone report it to NCAA.

Look at men Basketball Louisville.. They're about to lose their last championship because they played 3 players in that last championship win, an big sanction will follow.

Last edited:
Pretty sad when Lady Vol fans are happy that a player will be out or could be out for Tn to have a chance.

VN Store

Back