Lady Vols recruit Anastasia Hayes hits the ground (and the mall) running in Knoxville

Not really sure how they rank the teams but since UCONN has 4 commits and all are 5 * with the no. 1 player, how did they not rank higher than us since we only had 4 commits with 3 of them 5 * and a 4 *?

I like her confidence. Who do you all feel will win out at the point position? I hear Westbrook wants to play point, but I could see Hayes at point and Westbrook and Davis at the wings by mid season.

Not really sure how they rank the teams but since UCONN has 4 commits and all are 5 * with the no. 1 player, how did they not rank higher than us since we only had 4 commits with 3 of them 5 * and a 4 *?
Probably because TN has the #2, 7, 12 ranked players while uconn has 1, 13,16 players. So TN, for these 3 five stars are probably considered a better class than uconn's.

The 4th recruits uconn has # 29 while TN has #57. When you get that far down the list, there probably isn't a lot of difference between 29 & 57 even though one might be a 5 star and the other a 4. It would be nice to know their exact formula.

In the final analysis, rankings don't much matter since there are so many other factors to consider. Besides, as DeCosta said, rankings are only opinions.

Reactions: 1 person

Megan and Evina were both National Players of the year with differing services. TN has the number 1 class in more services then 1 also. I think both classes will have big impacts of the long haul.

Megan and Evina were both National Players of the year with differing services. TN has the number 1 class in more services then 1 also. I think both classes will have big impacts of the long haul.
I'm not disputing what you are saying, but the rating service linked in this thread was ESPN. Do you think ESPN would be considering other services in their class ranking?

ProspectsNation.com
#1.Tennessee
#2 Evina Westbrook, OREGON, Class of 2017, POSITION/RANKG / 1
HEIGHT6' 0", COMMITTED TOTennessee
#6 Anastasia Hayes, POSITION/RANKPG / 3HEIGHT5' 7"
#9 Rennia Davis, POSITION/RANKW / 3 HEIGHT6' 2"
#11Kasiyahna Kushkituah POSITION/RANKP / 1 HEIGHT6' 3"

# 3. Uconn
#1 Megan Walker HEIGHT6' 0"
#22 Lexi Gordon HEIGHT6' 0"
#31 Mikayla Coombs HEIGHT5' 8"
#32 Andra Espinoza Hunter HEIGHT5' 10"

Reactions: 2 people
One would think that a writer for ESPN would get things right, both in their article and in the headline.

Anastasia Hayes was a Lady Vol "recruit" in May of 2017. In June of 2017, she enrolled at the University of Tennessee and became a Lady Vol!

Jim

I'm not disputing what you are saying, but the rating service linked in this thread was ESPN. Do you think ESPN would be considering other services in their class ranking?

Yup! While individual rankings may differ I think everyone talks and looks at the overall consensus of a class. Also You don't usually see 50 - 5 star players... but I was talking to the poster who asked the question how they could be ranked #1.

Last edited:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bDQ0NwSMdOA

After I read this I YouTubed her and this came up. I like how she gets the ball to the CENTER of the court to maximize options and she uses her all state track speed to blow by opponents. If she continues to learn and use change of speed she will be a good get! She also moves her feet well on defense.

Yes... this is a highlight video but it is easy to see she can contribute to the team!

I once dated a girl from Russia named Anastasia - nicknamed Nasty.
Let us pray that Ms. Hayes is Nasty on the court.

She will do great, will get a lot of playing time. By torment time she will have a lot of her mistakes worked out. We will be very proud of our freshmen by torment time.

Do most of you expect Hayes and Westbrook to be on the floor at the same time a lot or do you think the staff will opt to have one in at a time so they can learn from the more seasoned guards on what is expected @ their position?

I think they play early and often. I think they will have to play many minutes on the floor simultaneously. Realistically, what are they going to learn from our more seasoned guards that they can't learn in live play. They know the game. And, after all, where are our seasoned guards? Iowa? Overseas? Looking for employment?

Looks like their being on the floor is going to give us the best chance at competing and hopefully winning.

Do most of you expect Hayes and Westbrook to be on the floor at the same time a lot or do you think the staff will opt to have one in at a time so they can learn from the more seasoned guards on what is expected @ their position?

The only seasoned guard is Meme. They both will be out there if they are as good as advertised.

I think they play early and often. I think they will have to play many minutes on the floor simultaneously. Realistically, what are they going to learn from our more seasoned guards that they can't learn in live play. They know the game. And, after all, where are our seasoned guards? Iowa? Overseas? Looking for employment?

Looks like their being on the floor is going to give us the best chance at competing and hopefully winning.

on the bench at SC.

With Davis being the best offensive option of the freshman class, I think it will be very hard to keep her off the court.

VN Store

Back