Candace Parker Best WNBA Player 2017

^
Perhaps you should go back to theboneyard and remain there.

Candace is so selfish that she led her team in assists and was one of the assist leaders in the league only behind Sue bird and Jasmine thomas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
Perhaps you could disappear off this board.

Lady.... I find the posts of some as a game (Psychology) speaking. You try and figure their agenda and their true intentions! And finally ..... why would someone want to come to a school message board that they obviously are NOT a fan of ! This speaks VOLUMES about their character!!!!!!

So as to remember them ..... I assign them names so as to remember their intention! You can just imagine my name for that he/she 😈

Reactions: 2 people
Lady.... I find the posts of some as a game (Psychology) speaking. You try and figure their agenda and their true intentions! And finally ..... why would someone want to come to a school message board that they obviously are NOT a fan of ! This speaks VOLUMES about their character!!!!!!

So as to remember them ..... I assign them names so as to remember their intention! You can just imagine my name for that he/she 😈

Exactly - I had the same thought about games of psychology. LOL There is no good reason a fan of another team would want to visit this board. I don't care what they say. I certainly have no desire to visit other teams' boards. And I don't buy the "I love the game and just want to learn," excuse either. They can keep up with the progress of other teams by watching games and reading.

^

Candace is so selfish that she led her team in assists and was one of the assist leaders in the league only behind Sue bird and Jasmine thomas.

Averaged the most assists EVER by a post player.

Reactions: 5 people
Perhaps she's good as an individual player, but not as a team player.

The Minnesota Lynx had three players on the Olympic Team and only Moore was in Candace's class. The selection of Stewie over Candace, or even DellaDawn, was ridiculous and just does not make any sense.

Candace has always been a team player. In fact, I think she would be better off sometimes, shooting the ball instead of passing it off.

I think that this was a bad decision as far as Candace is concerned and a slap in her face. Which she did not deserve. At the time of the Olympic selection, CP was considered one of the top 5 women players in the world.

Reactions: 1 person
The Minnesota Lynx had three players on the Olympic Team and only Moore was in Candace's class. The selection of Stewie over Candace, or even DellaDawn, was ridiculous and just does not make any sense.

Candace has always been a team player. In fact, I think she would be better off sometimes, shooting the ball instead of passing it off.

I think that this was a bad decision as far as Candace is concerned and a slap in her face. Which she did not deserve. At the time of the Olympic selection, CP was considered one of the top 5 women players in the world.

And geno is one of the top 5 jerks. Couple of ucon posters on here rank right there with him.

Reactions: 8 people

PRG, perhaps this will help. Interesting read.

By Eric Adler, McClatchy-Tribune
Anyone who's ever encountered Internet trolls...might have concluded they are psychologically disturbed.

That would be correct, new research suggests.

Trolls gleefully spew their comments for no other reason than cruelty

According to a recent paper by a team of Canadian researchers that has looked into the psychological underpinnings of trolls, they may be sadists.

Yes, sadists. But not the psychopathic sadists who turn to actual physical torment or serial killing.

"We use the term 'everyday sadist' to emphasize that we are referring to subclinical levels of sadism, and not the more extreme forms that are seen in serial killers and criminals," said psychologist Erin Buckels of the University of Manitoba and the first of three authors on the paper on troll personality in the February issue of the journal Personality and Individual Differences.

"The essential aspect of sadism," Buckels said in a email, "is enjoyment of cruelty. Persons high in sadism gain some emotional benefit from causing or simply observing others' suffering."

Although researchers delineate between cyberbullies and trolls - cyberbullies torment specific individuals and are often known by their victims; trolls like to cast their hurt about - they are linked by their penchant for cruelty.

(...research details included here...)

Both surveys included questions about the subjects' Internet habits and also included statements from well-known diagnostic tests of personality traits meant to detect various levels of sadism.

"It seems like one of their great joys in life," said Paulhus (first reference to Paulhus is included in details portion, researcher at University of British Columbia) "is to make fun of other people and to criticize their opinions."

Paulhus said that trolls are often insatiably nasty. There is no reasoning with then.

The more havoc they sow, getting more people to argue with them, the happier they are.

It is that well-known trait that has given rise to the Internet advice: "Don't feed the trolls."

Like ravenous strays, they just come back.

Article in Knoxville News Sentinel: By Eric Adler, McClatchy-Tribune Kansas City, Mo,

^

It's so funny how some fans from another school will just keep their eyes in lady vols board. I can't imagine my self in North Carolina, or UConn board, and stays their to attack their fans. Haters from another fans, show some sense and leave this board with your attitude Amen!!

Reactions: 6 people
Averaged the most assists EVER by a post player.

FACTS!

I guess Charles, Fowles and EDD are team players for sitting out and refusing to play for their teams until they were traded to a team of their choice. Now if Candace would have done the same thing they did she would have been bashed relentlessly and called every name in the book and a certain fan base would NEVER let it go.

FACTS!

I guess Charles, Fowles and EDD are team players for sitting out and refusing to play for their teams until they were traded to a team of their choice. Now if Candace would have done the same thing they did she would have been bashed relentlessly and called every name in the book and a certain fan base would NEVER let it go.

Apparently if you sit out and cry because you want to go to another team that has a better chance of winning, you are unselfish and a team player. Candace never grumbled or whined when the Sparks were not going well. No she stayed and helped make the Sparks into a championship team.

Perhaps she's good as an individual player, but not as a team player.

At the risk of piling on (a risk I am willing to take), one has to take a very "special" worldview to argue that selfish, poor team players win MVP awards. A standard criterion of such awards is whether a player makes those around her better. I think that team orientation has been Candace's modus operandi for her entire career--college, pro, and national team. In fact, she is one of the least selfish star players you will ever find.

So, in Besti's honor, perhaps we could take a vote on these two alternative explanations.

1. Candace did not make the 2016 Olympic because she is a selfish, me-first player.

2. Candace did not make the 2016 Olympic because Geno A. (use your imagination on what the A might also stand for) is a selfish coach who put his own ego ahead of the interest of the national team and fairness to one of the all-time great players and contributors to the women's national team.

To get things rolling, I cast my ballot for option 2.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back