Nared & Russell invited to U23 training Camp

Good luck ladies! No injuries please and represent UT to the fullest. Good chance to go up against some of the best in the country!

Reactions: 2 people
that's a hard row of big girls to hoe for Russell to beat out making the team. I doubt she does but it would be good for her.

Reactions: 1 person
Doesn't one have to be paid to play basketball to be considered a professional? Has she been paid to play a single game as of today? I understand it is her goal, but I wasn't aware it has already happened.

NoBoDy CaReS aBouT DiAmOnD. 😁😆😜😝😛

that's a hard row of big girls to hoe for Russell to beat out making the team. I doubt she does but it would be good for her.

If she plays with the intensity she is capable of, Russell will be a lock. The coaches she will be coached by, will demand excellence. I believe that if demanded to, Russell could be a force. I just hope she learns how to run better from one end of the court to the other.

Doesn't one have to be paid to play basketball to be considered a professional? Has she been paid to play a single game as of today? I understand it is her goal, but I wasn't aware it has already happened.

I believe they only picked players still in school.

UConn-4
Notre Dame- 4
Texas- 3
UCLA-2
Msst-2
Oregon- 2
Duke- 2
Baylor-2
U of L- 2
Michigan- 2
Southern Cal- 2
Tennessee-2
OhstU- 2
Cal- 1
Indiana-1
Mizzou-1
CSUN- 1
WVU- 1
Stanford- 1
PSU- 1
Oregon St- 1
USC-1

Last edited:
The try outs are here in Colorado Springs at the Olympic Training Center. The same place I saw Pat Summit for the first time when she was the Olympic coach.

I, unfortunately, will be out of town that week or would attend any of the practices open to the public.

Good luck to the Lady Vols during the tryouts!

The competitive part of me would love for them to do well but the selfish part of me would love to see them decline the invite to stay with the Fresh 4 (or not be selected) and build team chemistry together as I think this season could be special/surprise a lot of folk who will count us out.

I think Nared and Russell has a good chance to make it, especially Nared, her game improved tremendously. If she keeps it up no doubt in my mind she is a 2018 first round pick

Reactions: 4 people
The competitive part of me would love for them to do well but the selfish part of me would love to see them decline the invite to stay with the Fresh 4 (or not be selected) and build team chemistry together as I think this season could be special/surprise a lot of folk who will count us out.

I understand this perspective. I hope both make it and they can learn leadership skills to assist them in helping the freshmen along.

And the practical part of ME wants them to be exposed to what might be some new and good ideas from different coaches that might help them as Lady Vols. You never know what some other coach might say or do or teach that could click on a light bulb that had never been turned on before.

I hope they both make the team if they decide to go tryout. There are forty excellent players competing would be very prestigious to go there and make the team.

I'm hearing none of the Uconn players can be on the team because of a team trip to Italy. They are going through tryouts because they got 40 players to have a 4 teams to compete with each other in Colorado Springs. After that the team will be chosen.

I'm hearing none of the Uconn players can be on the team because of a team trip to Italy. They are going through tryouts because they got 40 players to have a 4 teams to compete with each other in Colorado Springs. After that the team will be chosen.

That's quite an array of talent getting together. The games in Colorado Springs will probably be more competitive and more watchable than the games in Tokyo.

UConn-4
Notre Dame- 4
Texas- 3
UCLA-2
Msst-2
Oregon- 2
Duke- 2
Baylor-2
U of L- 2
Michigan- 2
Southern Cal- 2