Nov. 25 vs. South Dakota
Nov. 30 Central Arkansas
Dec. 3 Alabama State
Dec. 6 Troy
Dec. 10 Texas
Dec. 17 at Long Beach Sate
Dec. 21 at Stanford
Jan. 18 at Notre Dame
Tip times and television network assignments will be available at a later date when the information is approved for release.

UT returns two full-time starters (Mercedes Russell, Jaime Nared) and a part-time starter (Meme Jackson) from a team that finished 20-12 overall and 10-6 in the SEC (fifth place) a year ago vs. the nation's No. 5-rated schedule. Warlick also welcomes the nation's No. 1-ranked recruiting class to Knoxville, including guards Evina Westbrook and Anastasia Hayes, wing Rennia Davis and post Kasiyahna Kushkituah.

http://www.utsports.com/news/2017/7/6/womens-basketball-lady-vols-non-league-slate-set.aspx

sisaq you are wearing out your welcome here with your depressing posts. About time you had a dream and post positive news again.

leave the gloom and doom to professionals like Armchair & me. lol j/k

Reactions: 5 people
sisaq you are wearing out your welcome here with your depressing posts. About time you had a dream and post positive news again.

leave the gloom and doom to professionals like Armchair & me. lol j/k[/QUO

Dream will come, I'm dealing with death in family rite now..Things will be batter. Amen!

Looks like they will start out 9 - 0 and the freshmen will get a lot of playing time before they play Texas.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like they will start out 9 - 0 and the freshmen will get a lot of playing time before they play Texas.

Marquette has a very good team, so I wouldn't sleep on them. The lady vols will definitely get a challenge from them.

The Cancun tourney is going to be interesting. Marquette can light up the scoreboard and they bring back pretty much everyone.

South Dakota is one of the best mid-major teams and has had it's fair share of upsets. Well coached and like their rival, South Dakota State, they run an offense that makes use of the three ball.

Oklahoma State has a lot of question marks but they have some solid talent on their team.

Looks like 10 and 3 non conference and 12 and 4 conference for 22 and 7. Hope we do better shouldn't do worse.

This is a very weak Non - conference schedule and a pretty good talented team I can actually see this team only losing to Texas barring injury and quick learning freshman.

Long Beach State is interesting, too. Came within seconds of upsetting Oregon State in the NCAA opening round last year.

This is a very weak Non - conference schedule and a pretty good talented team I can actually see this team only losing to Texas barring injury and quick learning freshman.

Gotta disagree. This is not very weak nor weak at all. We are 0-2 against Beach at their place, IIRC.

Reactions: 2 people
21 out of 29 games against teams that made the last tourney? sounds tough to me.

Absolutely. The schedule isn't loaded to the max with Top 10 teams like it used to be, but for where the program is now it's plenty challenging enough.

After all, we may have to face Alabama a couple of times. *shiver*

Gotta disagree. This is not very weak nor weak at all. We are 0-2 against Beach at their place, IIRC.

Ok I'll back track just a little by saying we 'should' be 9-0 by the time we play Texas with the talented roster we have on paper. Now it all depends on how fast the freshmen grasp the system and make immediate impact. Other than that those games should be winnable.

Last year's Sagarin ratings for the 2017 OOC schedule.

ETS = 198
JM = 62
W St = 181
Marq = 45
OkSt = 52
SD = 85
CArk = 127
Al St= 302
Troy = 126
Texas = 11
LBS = 110
Stan = 8
ND = 5

Interesting that the only road games are the last 3. Nothing like a home game against Alabama St to make everyone feel good.

Interesting that the only road games are the last 3. Nothing like a home game against Alabama St to make everyone feel good.

Football teams do it all the time.. look at homecoming games. One of the most attended games of the year and college football teams never play a game they don't blow out ... their are differing styles of play in this OOC schedule and still play teams that made it into post season play last year with some of the top teams in the country on the schedule. I'm actually ok with this schedule as we are a fairly inexperienced team besides Russell, Nared, and Meme who got more action last year. That's three out of your 10 players. 4 are freshmen, 1 coming off injury, Dunbar was slowed down by plantar f last year, and Harris who didn't even get spot duty.

Seems smart planning to be at home with a young team. Last year, we were on the road too much, me thinks.

Also, I think most every team are expected to be better than last year. Texas at 11? More likely Texas is Top 5.

Football teams do it all the time.. look at homecoming games. One of the most attended games of the year and college football teams never play a game they don't blow out ... their are differing styles of play in this OOC schedule and still play teams that made it into post season play last year with some of the top teams in the country on the schedule. I'm actually ok with this schedule as we are a fairly inexperienced team besides Russell, Nared, and Meme who got more action last year. That's three out of your 10 players. 4 are freshmen, 1 coming off injury, Dunbar was slowed down by plantar f last year, and Harris who didn't even get spot duty.

But VA_Vol, you know posters (especially from the North) love to throw shade whenever they can.

How dare you find something good not snarky to say. Lol

VN Store

Back