Opinions on softball recruiting

peachstatevolgirl

Some food for thought here... How rare is it these days that recruits send in DVDs of their game/practice footage? I know social media and exposure tournaments are the two biggest tools between coaches and hot players, but I'm just wondering... Are we too dated for DVDs nowadays? If a lesser-known kid (or maybe an unknown kid) wants to send in a DVD of themselves, is it a waste of time? This question isn't necessarily related to Ralph/Karen; just wanted to pick some brains.

And no, I don't know a kid who wants to do any such thing. Lol.

Reactions: 2 people
My niece played travel ball with several girls who sent in dvd highlights. Not sure what the results were from them but i do know they do it for exposure.

Reactions: 1 person
well, anyway to get your talent out to coaches is fine with me...lot's of competition for scholarships in this talented land...gotta blow your own horn to get noticed...as long as Ralph and Karen can still see them, of course...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

well, anyway to get your talent out to coaches is fine with me...lot's of competition for scholarships in this talented land...gotta blow your own horn to get noticed...as long as Ralph and Karen can still see them, of course...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

As was stated in an above post, this is not about UT softball. However you bring up, in your post a point that really bugs me. Namely, "lot's of competition for scholarships in this talented land". It really bothers me to see foreigners getting scholarships for sports when that scholly might have been given to a US kid that could develop into a star in their sport. IN track, golf and others, their seem to be more foreign kids (in track some pretty old) from other countries than home. Basketball is becoming a joke, one team, I don't remember which, (maybe gonzag or a smaller east coaster) had more foreigners than Americans. Just not right..

Daughter went though this process a couple of years ago. Coaches told her link to youtube videos or other video sites is the best way to reach coaches. They want something they can click on very quickly as time is very important.

Daughter went though this process a couple of years ago. Coaches told her link to youtube videos or other video sites is the best way to reach coaches. They want something they can click on very quickly as time is very important.

That makes sense. Time is of the essence. What if they're not expecting it, though? I'd think they get tons of emails... How does a player ensure that their "inks" don't get overlooked or filtered as junk mail?

My daughter did the dvd thing and it helped her get a half scholarship to Cleveland (TN) St., in softball. But, that was 8 years ago and I'm sure things have changed, but u would have to think it wouldn't hurt.

As was stated in an above post, this is not about UT softball. However you bring up, in your post a point that really bugs me. Namely, "lot's of competition for scholarships in this talented land". It really bothers me to see foreigners getting scholarships for sports when that scholly might have been given to a US kid that could develop into a star in their sport. IN track, golf and others, their seem to be more foreign kids (in track some pretty old) from other countries than home. Basketball is becoming a joke, one team, I don't remember which, (maybe gonzag or a smaller east coaster) had more foreigners than Americans. Just not right..

America. The Land of Opportunity. But f*** that noise apparently. Smh

well, that's ok...at least you were able to vent...and in my world... that's a good thing...:thumbsup:...and, as always...

PS...nothing stays the same...and,

GO LADY VOLS...EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God forbid coaches try to find the best athletes they can to help them win.

Reactions: 3 people
Best bet is to upload the video to youtube and send the link to the coach. They can only watch a DVD when they get it, have time to load in a DVD player. Youtube they can watch pretty much 24/7.

Send a short and to the point email with the youtube link.

YouTube, Vimeo, Thumbdrive for the personal touch with personalized letter. DVD is so 2010 :(

VN Store

Back