Vote for our Tennessee Pros for the WNBA All Star Game

I am loving me some Los Angeles Sparks! Last season's team were so much fun to watch get that championship ring. Especially since it was Candace's first one!

L.A. this season without Kristi Toliver took an early hit with 3 losses but are now on an 8 game win streak heading into Minneapolis this Thursday 7/6 to face the nr. 1 team Minnesota Lynx.

I've watched every single game by the Sparks via twitter, on television and my laptop. They are even better than last season! Chelsea Gray is only 2nd to Candace with my fandom. That girl can BALL!! Love her game because she's fearless. Also the addition of Odyssey Sims and Riquana Williams make L.A. a dangerous team. But it's been Candace and the eldest player Alana Beard that have stepped up their games. They are playing some of the best basketball of their careers.

The Sparks players get the bulk of my votes.
1. Candace
2. Chelsea Gray
3. Alana Beard
4. Nneka Ogumike
5. Jantel Lavender

Shout out to Isabelle Izzy Harrison!!:eek:k: She is the DOMINATE player on her San Antonio team. Too bad that she's on a losing team but Izzy has been playing consistently good. Happy to had voted for her.

Shekinna Strickland has FINALLY come into her own in the league. She's been scoring in double figures on a regular basis and is now a starter on her Connecticut team. Of all places? :crazy:

Glory Johnson is an all star no doubt in my mind. She's been tearing up the hard wood with a vengeance! Glory is a high adrenaline type of player, so much fun to watch! Voted for her, too!

Sad for Meighan & Cierra they aren't getting hardly any playing time on their respective teams. I don't even think Cierra is even on the roster for the Liberty anymore?

Last edited:
I am loving me some Los Angeles Sparks! Last season's team were so much fun to watch get that championship ring. Especially since it was Candace's first one!

L.A. this season without Kristi Toliver took an early hit with 3 losses but are now on an 8 game win streak heading into Minneapolis this Thursday 7/6 to face the nr. 1 team Minnesota Lynx.

I've watched every single game by the Sparks via twitter, on television and my laptop. They are even better than last season! Chelsea Gray is only 2nd to Candace with my fandom. That girl can BALL!! Love her game because she's fearless. Also the addition of Odyssey Sims and Riquana Williams make L.A. a dangerous team. But it's been Candace and the eldest player Alana Beard that have stepped up their games. They are playing some of the best basketball of their careers.

The Sparks players get the bulk of my votes.
1. Candace
2. Chelsea Gray
3. Alana Beard
4. Nneka Ogumike
5. Jantel Lavender

Shout out to Isabelle Izzy Harrison!!:eek:k: She is the DOMINATE player on her San Antonio team. Too bad that she's on a losing team but Izzy has been playing consistently good. Happy to had voted for her.

Shekinna Strickland has FINALLY come into her own in the league. She's been scoring in double figures on a regular basis and is now a starter on her Connecticut team. Of all places? :crazy:

Glory Johnson is an all star no doubt in my mind. She's been tearing up the hard wood with a vengeance! Glory is a high adrenaline type of player, so much fun to watch! Voted for her, too!

Sad for Meighan & Cierra they aren't getting hardly any playing time on their respective teams. I don't even think Cierra is even on the roster for the Liberty anymore?

Agree, except Gray shoots too much when she's having an off night. LA has too much talent to prop up a "volume shooter". Love what Gray brings with the exception of that.

Wish Candace would shoot more and assist less. I realize how amazing and well-rounded her game is. Just think she goes quiet too easily and gets overlooked in MVP discussions because the heaviest attention is to scoring.

Cierra has kept a great attitude, and will work into a stable position after another season overseas. (I hope. ) She was waived by the Liberty when Prince (?) came back from overseas. Just think that teams do not use her skills. Cierra isn't permitted to shoot but Sugar Rodgers can go 4 for 15 and that's OK?

Anyway, that's a whole thread by itself.

Reactions: 1 person
Agree, except Gray shoots too much when she's having an off night. LA has too much talent to prop up a "volume shooter". Love what Gray brings with the exception of that.

Wish Candace would shoot more and assist less. I realize how amazing and well-rounded her game is. Just think she goes quiet too easily and gets overlooked in MVP discussions because the heaviest attention is to scoring.

Cierra has kept a great attitude, and will work into a stable position after another season overseas. (I hope. ) She was waived by the Liberty when Prince (?) came back from overseas. Just think that teams do not use her skills. Cierra isn't permitted to shoot but Sugar Rodgers can go 4 for 15 and that's OK?

Anyway, that's a whole thread by itself.

I don't think it's that she's not permitted to shoot (Cierra) it's that she is too unselfish and wont shoot.

In the league (WNBA) where there is only a few spots available, it's a dog eat dog world.

Burdick has a habit of being too passive at times and it hurts her. Sugar Rodgers will go 4 for 15 and that's okay with Bill because he knows she's gonna keep shooting. If Cierra misses two shots, she wont shoot again.

wnba fans, the biggest (so far) game of the season is july 6th on espn2. LA vs Minn @ Minny. 8 pm eastern time.

gonna be a war

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think it's that she's not permitted to shoot (Cierra) it's that she is too unselfish and wont shoot.

In the league (WNBA) where there is only a few spots available, it's a dog eat dog world.

Burdick has a habit of being too passive at times and it hurts her. Sugar Rodgers will go 4 for 15 and that's okay with Bill because he knows she's gonna keep shooting. If Cierra misses two shots, she wont shoot again.

I hear you. But I don't want any player shooting 4 for 15. Pass the ball or at least take better shots. Lol

bump.... don't miss tonight's game 8pm eastern. LA vs the handbag queen and her pack of lynx.

I was disappointed in her offense but she battled Sylvia Foules on defense all game. That's a man sized job. minny just always made the 3pt dagger shot when LA needed a stop. :(

I'm not saying she isn't a gifted player, but in a short tournament like the Olympics, it's important to be consistent. She has the inexplicable habit of totally disappearing at times. Similar to Diamond.

Nneka brings it every night on both ends of the floor.

If you two want to brag on Geno and put down Tennessee players there is a magical place you can go. It's called THE BONEYARD. This ain't the place. Goodbye

Reactions: 6 people
If you two want to brag on Geno and put down Tennessee players there is a magical place you can go. It's called THE BONEYARD. This ain't the place. Goodbye

If he-she wanted to be our "besti", this isn't helping our relationship. Lol

Candace did have a very bad game after playing well so far this season. ?

Reactions: 3 people
If he-she wanted to be our "besti", this isn't helping our relationship. Lol

Candace did have a very bad game after playing well so far this season. ?

Yes she did but we don't need them 2 uconners telling us about it. Lol we can see and that still don't excuse Geno for ignoring the whole Sparks Championship team in Olympics last year. Got to keep them in their place over here. Lol

I'm not saying she isn't a gifted player, but in a short tournament like the Olympics, it's important to be consistent. She has the inexplicable habit of totally disappearing at times. Similar to Diamond.

What about when Taurasi shot 1-11, 3-14, 4-18, and 2-10 this year? Is that consistent? Or when Moore shot 5-19, 6-18, 6-20, and 1-9? Is that consistent? Where were you then? I didn't hear you saying they shouldn't have been on the Olympic team then.

Reactions: 6 people
Yes she did but we don't need them 2 uconners telling us about it. Lol we can see and that still don't excuse Geno for ignoring the whole Sparks Championship team in Olympics last year. Got to keep them in their place over here. Lol
If gule hadn't made a plea to watch the Sparks game, It wouldn't have been in my mind to watch it. I didn't say anything about uconn. I mentioned Fowles, Parker and Nneka, no one from uconn.

Regarding the Olympics, the committee picked the players. Geno wasn't on the committee.

All I'm doing is generally trying to temper the irrational enthusiasm and instill a little reality. Is it better to be disappointed or be pleasantly surprised if UT has a better than expected season? Think of all the fun you will have getting on my case if what I say doesn't come true.

they picked a whole team of lesbos for the Olympics and threw catch in just because they didn't want CP and couldn't leave her out in her last hurrah. CP is straight.

If gule hadn't made a plea to watch the Sparks game, It wouldn't have been in my mind to watch it. I didn't say anything about uconn. I mentioned Fowles, Parker and Nneka, no one from uconn.

Regarding the Olympics, the committee picked the players. Geno wasn't on the committee.

All I'm doing is generally trying to temper the irrational enthusiasm and instill a little reality. Is it better to be disappointed or be pleasantly surprised if UT has a better than expected season? Think of all the fun you will have getting on my case if what I say doesn't come true.

Are people really still expecting us to believe that bullsh*t?

they picked a whole team of lesbos for the Olympics and threw catch in just because they didn't want CP and couldn't leave her out in her last hurrah. CP is straight.

Do you really want to promote a theory that the team was chosen based on sexuality? Gule. SMH. Irrelevant.

VN Store

Back