Diana Taurasi on Pat Summitt

Thanks for this. Some nice comments from an absolute alpha female on the basketball court. I well remember how talented and arrogant and tough she was a collegiate player--nobody in the game has had such a mix of huge talent and toughness. I am sorry we didn't recruit (or land) her. You know, Taurasi just became the all-time leading scorer in the WNBA--that's how good she's been. She's STILL playing!

When Taurasi was a senior, she was pretty much the only veteran player on a UConn team that was talented but very young. We had a a team with equal or more talent and definitely more experienced, led by Kara Lawson. They beat us in the national championship game. It was obvious then that our run as the dominant program was over.

Reactions: 6 people
That 2003 championship game was my first time to think UConn had surpassed UT. The 2000 and 2002 loses in the NC and FF were to superior Husky teams. DT was an amazing player but 2003 was a good LV squad which could have won the title.

Reactions: 2 people
Taurasi had some very nice and respectful words regarding Pat, the Tennessee dynasty, and the path Pat laid to allow the current UConn dynasty. No words tho about who is following up to extend what Pat began. I really think this is the make or break year for the Holly regime. It's either impress---or replace-- this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Bully!!! 😋

Don't get your feelings hurt by T_V, gule:crazy:. That is a compliment, like calling Semeka "Boo" Randall:).

I just know how shy and retiring you are (you told us in another thread) and want to make sure you did not get traumatized by T_V. (We must be careful with him, T_V, I never knew he was delicate until he confessed yesterday:blink:.)

As to Tauraisi, great player as to skills. If you can't say something nice.....:p, so that's all I have to say.

"Bully for you" aka "Well, good for you". icydk. since you're such a youngster.

Over the years I have been privileged to watch most of the great women b-ball players on TV. For me Diana is the best of the best. Sure wish she had been a Lady Vol.
Thinking about it, she may be one of the best ever, man or woman.

A second thought. Reading all the above posts, I wonder if she will be interested in coaching? Has Pat's grit, discipline, and intensity. Make a good head coach for UT?? Or will she end up a UConn, god forbid...
OK eat me alive!

I was at the game in Knoxville when Diana punched the goal post. She didn't just punch it in an emotional showing, she deliberately punched the area that listed all of their championships. I almost came out of the stands after her. She was disrespectful then and still is now, in my opinion. Not an ounce of class in her unless it benefits her somehow. I just can't believe of all players and coaches affected by Pat, this is the one Mechelle Voepel chooses to interview. Seriously??

Reactions: 4 people
Over the years I have been privileged to watch most of the great women b-ball players on TV. For me Diana is the best of the best. Sure wish she had been a Lady Vol.
Thinking about it, she may be one of the best ever, man or woman.

I don't see that. I see a bully that's racks up the technical fouls. She is a ONE OF THE great players but she needs to keep calm.

Reactions: 2 people
As far as the women's game, I'd say that girl from USC was the best of all time, Reggie(?) twin sister. Name escapes me at the moment.

dern old brain.

VN Store

Back