On a positive note

MsSportsGuy

Just watching the clips of Cathings getting her jersey retired by the Indiana Fever. She is probably my all time favorite LV. She never took plays off and could impact a game even if she only scored two points.

The LV history books are filled with legends but she's at the top of my list.

Reactions: 10 people
A great player..... who played for TEAM, not just for herself. Unlike many who have lately played,, correct that,, been here for the Lady Vols.

Reactions: 4 people
A great player..... who played for TEAM, not just for herself. Unlike many who have lately played,, correct that,, been here for the Lady Vols.

Why bring this into this topic? Because one could just as easily say: the head coach seems to have a propensity for recruiting those she already knows / has an eye for are like those you've described ("many"), or, (b) the "many" -- under the tutelage of the head coach -- are turning into (or remaining, rather than being taught to change) what you're describing.

The tribute was so kind. Go Vols !

I watched the ceremony, too. Very nice.....

I might add a great win by the Sparks with Candace Parker playing a very fluid game. She was quite impressive and the team as a whole were fun to watch. Too bad that the Fever couldn't get Tamika a win on her Big Night.

Tamika is very deserving to have her uniform retired. Beyond happy that she got that WNBA championship with the Fever after years of not winning one.

Best of luck to you Tamika! :)

Reactions: 1 person
Why bring this into this topic? Because one could just as easily say: the head coach seems to have a propensity for recruiting those she already knows / has an eye for are like those you've described ("many"), or, (b) the "many" -- under the tutelage of the head coach -- are turning into (or remaining, rather than being taught to change) what you're describing.

The tribute was so kind. Go Vols ![/Q

Sorry you feel this way about my comment. It's just this is what jumps out to me anytime I read about the acclaimed players from the past. My thought could be, as you state, a vailed observation on present coaching short comings . Other coaching staffs must surely recruit these type players with great talent who must be somewhat self centered and turn them into great team players at the same time polishing there personal talent.

As you say I am off subject .
I agree whole heartedly agree the tribute is so kind.

Reactions: 1 person
I here you...Dena,Catch, Chamique & Candace are some of my most favorite LVS, but I LOVE them all...:yes::peace2:

VN Store

Back