Bridgette Gordon interested in Lady Vol coaching position

VA_VOLFAN

Reactions: 2 people
Gordon is interesting, but I rather think we need a guard-oriented asst coach. Randall has a dismal record as a head coach...I don't know if she'd be effective as a guard coach either. Anybody know what other names are in the mix?

Reactions: 2 people
Gordon is interesting, but I rather think we need a guard-oriented asst coach. Randall has a dismal record as a head coach...I don't know if she'd be effective as a guard coach either. Anybody know what other names are in the mix?

I just like her moxy! I think need a tough minded coach to get the players motivated but also knew what Pat wanted to instill and did things the right way to get there. I know people don't want to here this but Shae Ralph would be a good pick up as she was a good guard who was derailed by injuries (even though she is a huskie). You could also go the AAU route with Evina and Sabrina's Cal Star coach he has been offered before by programs but has turned them down. He develops guards quite well and also has the connections of being one of the top AAU coaches in the country who served on a Nike based program. He also coaches Decosta but that is not my main reason In thinking of hiring him. It would be he immense amount of connections he seems to have and get a foot hold on the west coastline. Yes we have been successful in Oregon but how about getting some of those cali players! Just a thought... also maybe Randall would make a better assistant coach where as being a head coach was to much.

Reactions: 1 person
Also Randal did coach at West Virginia which has had guard success when she was there and also coaches the Michigan State guards that beat our lady Vols to go to the championship game 👀👀👀

DING DING DING!!
100th unnecessary cheap shot at CHW.

Cheap? Maybe. But as long as the target is easy to hit, and the carnival keeps giving out kewpie dolls and light up beanies with propellers on top, people will get in line to try their luck.

Now where is the sideshow tents? I want to watch Zambora turn into a gorilla again.

Cheap? Maybe. But as long as the target is easy to hit, and the carnival keeps giving out kewpie dolls and light up beanies with propellers on top, people will get in line to try their luck.

Now where is the sideshow tents? I want to watch Zambora turn into a gorilla again.

I do love those propeller beanies. ❤

I wonder when Holly is going to move to hire a coach. Very important to hire someone with recruiting evaluations coming next month. So players know who they will be dealing with for four years. Holly is the slowest thinking slowest moving head coach ever she needs to make her list of prospective coaches and fill the position. She definitely needs someone who is a top recruiter and also knows how to coach and develop players.

I just like her moxy! I think need a tough minded coach to get the players motivated but also knew what Pat wanted to instill and did things the right way to get there. I know people don't want to here this but Shae Ralph would be a good pick up as she was a good guard who was derailed by injuries (even though she is a huskie). You could also go the AAU route with Evina and Sabrina's Cal Star coach he has been offered before by programs but has turned them down. He develops guards quite well and also has the connections of being one of the top AAU coaches in the country who served on a Nike based program. He also coaches Decosta but that is not my main reason In thinking of hiring him. It would be he immense amount of connections he seems to have and get a foot hold on the west coastline. Yes we have been successful in Oregon but how about getting some of those cali players! Just a thought... also maybe Randall would make a better assistant coach where as being a head coach was to much.

Moxy is good but doesn't mean she can coach techniques.

gordon always one my fav's ,all these young girls need to do is watch her play.that is lady vol basketball,tough wth huge attitude.lady vols have lack that in last few yrs.maybe she can get an attitude out of them

Reactions: 3 people
I wonder when Holly is going to move to hire a coach. Very important to hire someone with recruiting evaluations coming next month. So players know who they will be dealing with for four years. Holly is the slowest thinking slowest moving head coach ever she needs to make her list of prospective coaches and fill the position. She definitely needs someone who is a top recruiter and also knows how to coach and develop players.

She's WAY ahead of you on this. Candidates evaluated, contacted, offer made. Waiting on candidate decision.

You know UTAD never reveals hiring search details. Come on.

If you wanna slam our coach today, say she's too nice for Twitter or you don't like her pants suit or something else meaningful.

Reactions: 6 people
She's WAY ahead of you on this. Candidates evaluated, contacted, offer made. Waiting on candidate decision.

You know UTAD never reveals hiring search details. Come on.

If you wanna slam our coach today, say she's too nice for Twitter or you don't like her pants suit or something else meaningful.

My guess is that it's someone young and energetic since that's what Holly said she's looking for. To me, that sounds like someone 25-30.

We'll see, but I'd be surprised if Holly went for a coach nearly as old as she is, so that would seem to eliminate a lot of former LV greats from the past who are coaching today.

One more thing: If a candidate has to take time to decide whether to take the job or not, is that something to worry about? Of course, it could mean that the offer was made to someone who is in a relationship and needs to make sure both parties are willing to move to Knoxville.

We shall see! Hope Holly gets someone who can help the program immediately!

Last edited:
That's the problem - I can't rock it! When you have enough hair for 27 people.... hard to get a hat on your head! ��

Why do I feel we are about to be called out for going OT? ��

Yes you can, and when we have the contest you will.:p I'll help you cram it down:). I'm winning fair and square with all competitors present:rock:.

I love BG. So the thought is Holly is going younger? Just hope we get a really good one.

Last edited:
Yes you can, and when we have the contest you will.:p I'll help you cram it down:). I'm winning fair and square with all competitors present:rock:.

I love BG. So the thought is Holly is younger? Just hope we get a really good one.

It's definitely a "two-man/woman" job!" 😂

Anxious to see who we get too.

Hey ya'll , Tyler is a younger coach, and we know he can keep (it) up.... for sure.

VN Store

Back