I know, I know, it's just a RUMOR, but what if...

Only1COJ

DD decided not to come back this year. How far do the ladyvols go without her? Starting lineup? Is it too late to go after JUCO players?

Just wondering..

It's hard to say. It depends on whether or not Warlick can nab Betty White as her assistant coach...
:rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 person
Glad I looked up and saw lady Vols thread. Rumors of Dooley returning probably won't help us....

Reactions: 2 people
I hope she returns but if she decides not to then it's next player up!

Lineups;
Starters/Bench
PG-Hayes/Westbrook
SG-MeMe/Westbrook
SF-Nared/Davis/Dunbar
PF-Green/Nared
C-Russell/KK/Harris

Westbrook will have a shot to play next to Hayes as well as Davis but I think Holly gives MeMe the start in the beginning because she has been here and understand Holly.
By Conference play I see either Westbrook or Davis taking over the 2 spot (or Hayes sliding to the 2 and Westbrook playing the 1) because of their ability to score.

Only player I would entertain at this point is a Grad transfer, I don't want to give up a scholarship for a Juco player when I was freeing up a scholarship when Diamond would've left for the pros.

If Diamond doesn't come back our season suddenly doesn't look so good. We'll be playing to many freshmen and the remaining upper classmen other than Russell and Nared are not very good.
I think replacing Holly is the key to getting back to being a top team. Seems she can't coach or manage a team to work and live together.
We'll again be down to 10 players two of which are bench warmers and one who may not be ready because of injury. If anything else could happen bad Diamond leaving the team would be the maximum bad thing that could happen now.

is this a if a frog had wings thread ? :)

just kidding

I don't see DD not coming back,of course I have been wrong before,I think it was backj in the 70's :)

Reactions: 3 people
I've had enough of this CRAZY off-season...I fear there's more to come...someone wake me when the season starts, then I'll know for sure who's on the team....I'm so disappointed:( LVFL

If Diamond doesn't come back our season suddenly doesn't look so good. We'll be playing to many freshmen and the remaining upper classmen other than Russell and Nared are not very good.
I think replacing Holly is the key to getting back to being a top team. Seems she can't coach or manage a team to work and live together.
We'll again be down to 10 players two of which are bench warmers and one who may not be ready because of injury. If anything else could happen bad Diamond leaving the team would be the maximum bad thing that could happen now.

or could this be a blessing in disguise?

What if the 4 freshman turn out to be the real deal and we still shock the world like Krisit Tolliver was able to o as a freshman at MD with the veteran talent that was already in place. I hope she stays but if she doesn't, it isn't the end of the world.

Reactions: 4 people
Seems like the chemistry on this team is nil....DD seems to be rigbt in the middle of it.....coaching best ste0 up

What if the 4 freshman turn out to be the real deal and we still shock the world like Krisit Tolliver was able to o as a freshman at MD with the veteran talent that was already in place. I hope she stays but if she doesn't, it isn't the end of the world.

I am more worried about numbers than anything else. I think were down to 8 again as don't know if two players can help in anyway. Then Green has that injury.
If Green can play it doesn't hurt that much as I think Westbrooks and Davis could make up her scoring.
I don't like getting down in numbers unless all 10 can contribute effectively and we all know we have two that are questionable maybe three.

I am more worried about numbers than anything else. I think were down to 8 again as don't know if two players can help in anyway. Then Green has that injury.
If Green can play it doesn't hurt that much as I think Westbrooks and Davis could make up her scoring.
I don't like getting down in numbers unless all 10 can contribute effectively and we all know we have two that are questionable maybe three.

You have to play who you have, they are on scholarship, Vic Shaffer benched the player who got him to the title game for a player who barely played because his star wasn't bringing the energy he needed. Did it hurt them (possibly) but I bet it also provided confidence for the player he did play this year. If Harris and Dunbar isn't ready to play they shouldn't be here.

You can also go the Walk on route and see what other young ladies on other sports played at a high level in high school and checking the rosters there are a couple in other sports (Volleyball, Softball, Track and Field).

Look what coach Mitchell at Kentucky did with really only 7 available players (and many folk on this forum laughed when he suffered a mass exit of players)

Last edited:
I'm gonna say DD is gone as when you see this many people getting this information it is probably true.
So now we need to hope that everyone else is solid to return. We now definitely need three additional players in the next class.
Holly has been slow on Gabby Crawford and I'm afraid Schaeffer is going to get her. So hopefully we are in strong with Decosta or some of the other top players left on the board.
Freshmen will have to play huge minutes this season. I hope they are in great shape welcome to College basketball.

It's not too far fetched to think that our 2017-2018 squad cant have a similar season to Oregon.

Oregon started 3 freshmen, a sophomore and a junior. IJS..

If DD doesn't come back, i wont be a fan anymore. She posted that long IG post about how she wants to be there for the freshmen.

Boom shakalaka!

It's not too far fetched to think that our 2017-2018 squad cant have a similar season to Oregon.

Oregon started 3 freshmen, a sophomore and a junior. IJS..
Do you mean lose 14 games, just like Oregon did then lose to UConn by 38 points to end their season?

Reactions: 4 people
Do you mean lose 14 games, just like Oregon did then lose to UConn by 38 points to end their season?

Well they faired way better than we did last year. With/o DD next year, I'd think getting to the E8 would be ok with me.

VN Store

Back