Tyler Summitt "Living whole other life"

With that kind of income per month he can do just about whatever he wants. Heck he outta do commercials for Bruce Pearl's ex wife's hair salon. Would be a marketing match made in Heaven.

Reactions: 1 person
It seems we have folks that have no clue how business works....She designated him non-spousal beneficiary of her pension THAT SHE CONTRIBUTED TO MONTHLY...and that's the way business works....SIGH!!!

Reactions: 11 people
It seems we have folks that have no clue how business works....She designated him non-spousal beneficiary of her pension THAT SHE CONTRIBUTED TO MONTHLY...and that's the way business works....SIGH!!!

He didn't build that! He needs to be patriotic and pay his fair share!

I know how business works the amount just shocked me....He's better than I am because I wouldn't do anything if I was drawing that much..plus what he got in the will

I know how business works the amount just shocked me....He's better than I am because I wouldn't do anything if I was drawing that much..plus what he got in the will

I don't know about state but Federal you can contribute $17,500 per year into 401K plus $5,000 catch up for over 50 years old...and that is in addition to the pension.

As for pensions, employees typically contributes as set percentage...say 2-7% and employer pays the other 93-98%. It is a good deal for the employee but it pushes humongous costs down the road.

Just ask Illinois which will try and declare bankruptcy in the next few months even though states aren't supposed to be allowed to declare.

Most employers outside of government have went away from pensions for that very reason. Federal Government has both Pension and 401k...and a lot of debt.

Last edited:
I'm amazed that one's pension is passed down to child. State and city pensions are a RACKET. Outrageous public employee pensions are a massive drag on the finances of cities and states across the country. In some localities there are gamed by firemen and police who rack up a lot of overtime late in their careers to boost their pension. A lot of city and state retirees are living the high life. Talk about lucky: Without the pension Tyler would be selling cars after he destroyed his coaching career.

Reactions: 6 people
I'm amazed that one's pension is passed down to child. State and city pensions are a RACKET. Outrageous public employee pensions are a massive drag on the finances of cities and states across the country. In some localities there are gamed by firemen and police who rack up a lot of overtime late in their careers to boost their pension. A lot of city and state retirees are living the high life. Talk about lucky: Without the pension Tyler would be selling cars after he destroyed his coaching career.

Nope... Let's not forget that both of his parents were very successful people. His father was President of Sevier County Bank at one time (as was his grandfather, btw). I believe R.B. Summitt still sits on the Board of Directors even though he is now retired. I'm sure that Tyler could have a cushy executive level position there if that's what he wanted to do. Tyler did well for himself in the parental department. That pays dividends. LOL!

He will never have anything to worry about financially but it is still a shame how he threw away his coaching career. He was given a great opportunity that he had not yet earned but clearly did not appreciate at all. It makes me think that perhaps Tyler has been given too much in life for his own good.

Maybe in another 20 years he can get another chance at coaching womens basketball again..that will give him plenty of time to gain the maturity needed..i wish him luck though

Last edited:
Maybe in another 20 years he can get another chance at coaching womens basketball again..that will give him plenty of time to gain the maturity and also be a good father to that child..i wish him luck though

According to that article, he is not a father

According to that article, he is not a father

You are right..i missed the last bit of that article. Anyhow, i thought i read another article awhile back that the girl he was "inappropriate" with was prego with his child..explains why he gets those awkward comments..looks like that was bad or incorrect info

Last edited:
That interview seemed lacking, imo. Just a few words about the elephant in the room, and simply adds that he isn't a father, with no comment about if she was pregnant, and if so, what happened. Just seemed odd that he wouldn't deny that there was a pregnancy, if there wasn't one. Just seemed odd to me, and somewhat like he played the victim. I don't doubt what he said had truth to it, just seemed like he that way to me.

Tyler was just too young for his position, too much going on with his mothers health, his job, marriage, etc etc.

He failed to be perfect..

I can't throw a stone at him. and for sure don't begrudge him his wealth.

I do pray he does good with it.

Reactions: 7 people
That interview seemed lacking, imo. Just a few words about the elephant in the room, and simply adds that he isn't a father, with no comment about if she was pregnant, and if so, what happened. Just seemed odd that he wouldn't deny that there was a pregnancy, if there wasn't one. Just seemed odd to me, and somewhat like he played the victim. I don't doubt what he said had truth to it, just seemed like he that way to me.

I don't think a paragraph on a miscarriage or abortion would have alleviated any oddness.

Thats why Illinois is broke

Thats why Illinois is broke

Connecticut is in the same boat. Once one of the wealthiest states they are swamped with debt. One of the biggest drags is public employee pensions that resulted from years of sweetheart deals between politicians and unions.

Reactions: 3 people
There is a massive amount of ignorance here about some pensions. Most are contributed to by employees. And I know some who contribute as much as 20%. THE PROBLEM LIES WITH TOTALLY INEPT, IGNORANT, and in some cases, PERSONALLY BANKRUPT CITY/COUNTY etc elected officials handling the entity finances. THATS THE PROBLEM IN ILLINOIS..,:BUT HEY BLAME IT ON THE HARD WORKING FIREFIGHTERS/POLICE OFFICERS!!! They are easy targets...,and trust me I despise what unions have done to our nation. They are not without blame too..

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back