A question for the historians

HoopDR

Do any of you guys know of any NCAA Women's Basketball player that chose to forego their final year of eligibility and head overseas for a season then return for the WNBA draft? I know there have been men do similar but wasn't sure about the women.

Do any of you guys know of any NCAA Women's Basketball player that chose to forego their final year of eligibility and head overseas for a season then return for the WNBA draft? I know there have been men do similar but wasn't sure about the women.

Lol. I hope you're not referring to Diamond. 😓 But yeah I can only remember that happening on the men's side when they want to skip one year of college ball then come back and enter the draft. I didn't know Epiphany did it.

Lol. I hope you're not referring to Diamond. 😓 But yeah I can only remember that happening on the men's side when they want to skip one year of college ball then come back and enter the draft. I didn't know Epiphany did it.

I remember Phip doing it and saying the money was too hard to turn down.

HoopDR makes me nervous because he seems to hint at things before they happen 😐

Reactions: 1 person

I hope not either, but i would not be one bit surprised.

Also Westbrook hasnt enrolled yet, but i dont know if thats a bad sign

Reactions: 1 person

Its been known from the beginning Westbrook wouldn't graduate in time to attend the first session of summer school. Her mom has stated she'll be here the first week of July.

I remember Phip doing it and saying the money was too hard to turn down.

HoopDR makes me nervous because he seems to hint at things before they happen 😐

Exactly, I remember he kept hinting there was another transfer coming after Alexa so I'm nervous too

Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised either. A bit nervous about Westbrook too...I know her graduation was late but I hope the recent developments haven't made her doubt her decision. I know she's close with Jaime.

Last edited:
If you have enrolled in college you have to wait until your high school class has been out of high school 4 years or be 22 by the end of the season that you are drafted.

They could go and play overseas but because they were Americian born they would have to follow the rules of the Americian players, International players can be drafted at 19 but they have to had been playing professional for at least 3 years I believe.

If it was Diamond she wouldn't have to head overseas for the money, her heading overseas would probably be to ensure that she is a shoe in for the top pick next year with all the talent coming in.

Im tired of all the drama, if someone doesn't want to be at UT, I hope Holly allows them to walk!

I also wish posters would stop coming insinuating things to stir stuff up instead of addressing it directly!

Enough with the beating around the damn bush

Reactions: 11 people
If you have enrolled in college you have to wait until your high school class has been out of high school 4 years or be 22 by the end of the season that you are drafted.

They could go and play overseas but because they were Americian born they would have to follow the rules of the Americian players, International players can be drafted at 19 but they have to had been playing professional for at least 3 years I believe.

If it was Diamond she wouldn't have to head overseas for the money, her heading overseas would probably be to ensure that she is a shoe in for the top pick next year with all the talent coming in.

Im tired of all the drama, if someone doesn't want to be at UT, I hope Holly allows them to walk!

I also wish posters would stop coming insinuating things to stir stuff up instead of addressing it directly!

Diamond has virtually no shot as the #1 pick as long as A'ja Wilson is in the draft. I'm not convinced she's even a top 3 lock. Kelsey Mitchell could very well finish as the all time NCAA scoring leader and Gabby Williams keeps getting better and better. Both of them would be more solid picks IMO.

Agree about beating around the bush. Just spill it already.

Reactions: 2 people
Diamond has virtually no shot as the #1 pick as long as A'ja Wilson is in the draft. I'm not convinced she's even a top 3 lock. Kelsey Mitchell could very well finish as the all time NCAA scoring leader and Gabby Williams keeps getting better and better. Both of them would be more solid picks IMO.

Agree about beating around the bush. Just spill it already.

If Diamond plays like Diamond can truly play she would only go second to Wilson and thats only because Wilson is 6'5"! We saw who was the better player between Diamond and Mitchell when UT played Ohio State a couple of seasons ago! And Gabby is a great player but at 5'11" she wouldn't be top 3 and her numbers will decrese this year with the addition of Stevens and Camara now available in the Post

If Diamond plays like Diamond can truly play she would only go second to Wilson and thats only because Wilson is 6'5"! We saw who was the better player between Diamond and Mitchell when UT played Ohio State a couple of seasons ago! And Gabby is a great player but at 5'11" she wouldn't be top 3 and her numbers will decrese this year with the addition of Stevens and Camara now available in the Post

I agree about Gabby, she is a lot like Davis from Baylor she was not even drafted.

Yes, that beating around the bush crap is old. The only forum on VN that does it, is the Lady Vols Forum. If there is a rumor in the recruiting or football forum, it's up immediately. Is it because, we are talking about girls/women and are afraid to hurt feelings? If that's the reason, it's sexist. I know how much posters on this forum want the LVs to get the same respect as the men Vols. Well, my advice, quit treating them like girls/women on the rumor mill and say what's really going on. I had to wait a month to get the real scoop on Tea's fight and Josh's came out instantly. Yes, I know charges were filed and public knowledge and all that. But trust me, it would have been up in the FF the next day. Like Denzel said in Remember the Titans, "u aren't helping these kids, u are crippling them"

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Time will tell. It's nothing but rumors at the moment but I'm hearing we may lose DD.

Oh well. Imo, she has been a cancer since she joined the team. She has the most talent since Candace Parker, but her body language and facial expressions are the worst, I have ever seen in a Lady Vol uniform. I haven't seen every game, but I seen the LVs lose national title games, when it wasn't the NCAA, yet. AIWA(something like that)

VN Store

Back