Well Here is the Reason Te'a Cooper left the program.

Thanks to Hyams for doing some reporting and getting the dope on this incident. It's a shame that Dan Fleser didn't do it--since he has covered the Vols for years and could have gotten the story--but he seems a bit of a milquetoast, meaning not very aggressive. If the SEC indeed has a rule that might prohibit Cooper from transferring within the SEC because of bad behavior, then the Vols should push to have the rule enforced. Currie should push to have it enforced as UT is not obligated to accommodate Cooper and should not.

Reactions: 9 people
I'm glad this fight was finally made public. ( And this was not the only matter.)

As good of a player she could have become at TN, she is not the kind of player we need at TN.

Hopefully, she will get herself on a better path.

Reactions: 4 people
Thanks to Hyams for doing some reporting and getting the dope on this incident. It's a shame that Dan Fleser didn't do it--since he has covered the Vols for years and could have gotten the story--but he seems a bit of a milquetoast, meaning not very aggressive. If the SEC indeed has a rule that might prohibit Cooper from transferring within the SEC because of bad behavior, then the Vols should push to have the rule enforced. Currie should push to have it enforced as UT is not obligated to accommodate Cooper and should not.

So we should be vindictive a****s because maybe we can? I would hope this program wouldn't stoop to that level.

Reactions: 6 people

VolNation has had this info and "more details" for over a month.

It does, tho, authenticate the VolNation sources.

Reactions: 5 people

The rule requires that charges have to have been filed against an athlete for the rule to come into effect.

Reactions: 1 person
For all the Holly lost her best player or Holly should have more control over her players what do you guys think? Pat had players she had to dismiss but UT dismissed this player. I like Te'a but I'm disappointed in her actions. If the SEC was to rule against her so be it. To many times have we seen universities look the other way and in today's age where violence is the new norm is should not be condoned. I wish her the best but I am glad tha step was taken to let future players know this will not be tolerated on any level.

What was the fight about? People don't usually pick fights for no reason. Apparently, this wasn't just a spur of the moment thing.

No surprises as everything in the article was pretty much discussed in the "Cooper Leaving" thread ad nauseam. lol Although I don't know exactly what caused it, I can see how there would be a clash of personalities... Jaime seems more serious and introspective whereas Te'a seems more carefree and extroverted. Whatever the case it appears Te'a went too far, and not that she was owed anything, but I can appreciate Holly's handling of the situation. It shows she really cares about the players and that's what parents hope for when they entrust her with their kids.

Now that it has officially gone public I just feel for the players and their families, especially Jaime. How will all this affect her considering it sounds like [some of] her teammates just sat around and watched this transpire, or worst-case, they supported it. She's a KEY factor for this team so I hope an effort has been made to restore any trust that might have been lost...or at least for them to be able to trust each other on the court and be comfortable playing together.

Last edited:
Well, somehow it involves Alexa M. is my guess. Jamie & she were roommates at one time.

Funny that Alexa leaves in mystery and the fight happens too. my $o.o2

I could see this leading to the team leader and bonding thing too Holly wants to do as Diamond and Te'a were tight and Mercedes grew up with Jaime but was good friends with Te'a. What a tangled web we weave ! Please keep all this bull away from the freshman! Although Rennia looks like she has a quiet personality but will go upside your head if pushed.

Reactions: 3 people
you can tell the team doesn't like each other, all the talent won't mesh because personalities clash. Holly handle this very bad, tail waggin the dog

Reactions: 3 people
If this had been two male athletes (football or basketball), I am pretty confident that it would have been handled quite differently with the usual cliches about blowing off steam, a conflict in the moment that both parties have now moved on from and lots of tacit accolades about the competitive spirit/fight that both possess.

The players don't have to like each other to win games. There's been plenty of championship winning teams that didn't like each other. From what I've seen most of them do get along on this team.

If this had been two male athletes (football or basketball), I am pretty confident that it would have been handled quite differently with the usual cliches about blowing off steam, a conflict in the moment that both parties have now moved on from and lots of tacit accolades about the competitive spirit/fight that both possess.

Agreed!

A la Josh Smith?

Originally Posted by lovavol---
you can tell the team doesn't like each other, all the talent won't mesh because personalities clash. Holly handle this very bad, tail waggin the dog

Another "it's all Holly's fault" agenda "fan".

Well......I agree with LOVAVOL that the personalities do not mesh well which is why this team does not all click on the same page.

As for Holly...at the end of the day...she is the HC and the blame for everything falls on her back because they are her girls.

I couldn't disagree more on this.

I would be extremely upset if UT were to try to further punish her by trying to keep her from moving on quickly to wherever she chooses to go.

Now, if she'd raped someone. Or poisoned someone. Or ANYthing serious. Sure, I'd be interested in the university pursuing maximum punishment.

But this was a teenage girl in what probably was a little more than a hair pulling contest with a teammate. No-one was injured, unless extreme embarrassment counts.

It's disturbing that some folks seem to want to see her crucified over this. :ermm:

I am glad that Dan Fleser didn't pursue it. It should have been left alone. Shame on Hyams for pursuing it. I guess he's real proud of how he was able to sniff out the truth of this oh-so-vitally important story involving vicious, dangerous criminals that once stalked UT's campus. Good grief.

Get ready to be attacked by the Holly can do no wrong crowd

You think the opposite opinion of his is "Holly can do no wrong" lol! His problem is the standard...if I don't like Holly then I am going to take EVERYTHING that happens, and look like an idiot, trying to stretch it into a negative against Holly. That's a good way to have a valid foundational opinion and manage to lose to the argument because you look desperate "reaching" for validation.

For all the Holly lost her best player or Holly should have more control over her players what do you guys think? Pat had players she had to dismiss but UT dismissed this player. I like Te'a but I'm disappointed in her actions. If the SEC was to rule against her so be it. To many times have we seen universities look the other way and in today's age where violence is the new norm is should not be condoned. I wish her the best but I am glad tha step was taken to let future players know this will not be tolerated on any level.

You can't blame everything on Holly, I give her that. Every team has suffered a bad apple or two, it goes with the territory. I would assume that Staley was made aware of Cooper's behavior, if she was, she is taking a chance of having issues with her ladies. If Staley knew about the issue and took Cooper anyway, I have lost a little respect for her.

VN Store

Back