Becky Hammon Vs Kara Lawson.. vols Assistant coach

Who will u chose for the next lady vols Assiant Coach?

So Becky Hammon turned down $1 million+ to be HEAD coach at Florida and you expect her to leave the NBA to be an assistant coach here? Give me a break.

Kara was just elevated to ESPN's top women's basketball analyst. Hard to imagine she'd walk away from that.

Reactions: 6 people
A big name coach doesn't necessarily mean instant success, just ask vandy..Get someone who can recruit well AND coach a good half court offense. Tennessee is a great transition team, but looks pathetic at times trying to run a half court offense.

Reactions: 2 people
A big name coach doesn't necessarily mean instant success, just ask vandy..Get someone who can recruit well AND coach a good half court offense. Tennessee is a great transition team, but looks pathetic at times trying to run a half court offense.

She will be alright when she gets her players in there

Reactions: 1 person

Good advice

Who will u chose for the next lady vols Assiant Coach?

If any candidate is on the short list for the next head coach, I would not want him/her working as an assistant now.

So, if that is going to happen, I guess any old assiant will do.

Good advice

I mean this with sincere honesty..i hope you at least get an interview for the position. You seem to know the game and what it takes to be successful at this level. I also agree with you on the team needing an alpha type coach or someone who is good at motivation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If you're lucky enough to get the best players she won't have to Coach. Holly will just have to stay out of their way.

I mean this with sincere honesty..i hope you at least get an interview for the position. You seem to know the game and what it takes to be successful at this level. I also agree with you on the team needing an alpha type coach or someone who is good at motivation.

I will continue to work to keep your valued endorsement.

“Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There's plenty of movement, but you never know if it's going to be forward, backwards, or sideways.”

Would you take a $ 500,000 a year pay cut to become an assistant coach under Holly Warlick ? This would be the case for Kara Lawson .....just saying .

Reactions: 2 people
I expect us to stay with Holly no matter what kind of season we have

She was rewarded with extension couple of years ago... so i assume athletic admin is happy with program.

VN Store

Back