Lady Vols assistant Jolette Law leaving for South Carolina

Well, good for Jolette.

Now, what I'm more concerned about than Jolette leaving is who Holly will replace her with.

Please, please, please let it be a coach known for her/his ability to teach effective offense and brilliant in-game strategy, as well as being a solid recruiter.

Reactions: 1 person
WOW !!!!! Let her go and bring someone better I know they are out there. I would offer the job to Keisha Hunt. I've watch her team play and the run like UCONN. She is the coach at Hamilton Heights Christian Academy, in Chattanooga. Could get Treasure Hunt her daughter and Kamilla Cardosa both class of 2020.

Reactions: 4 people
I would bring in Melanie Balcomb.

That would be an interesting pick up...
The only thing that remotely makes me feel better about her leaving for SC is that is her home state and she still has family that resides there. Just like Sharrona Reaves coming back to TN where she was from. I think you go after a coach who hasn't been taught an offensively gifted scheme. If someone like Neil Ivey (not saying her specifically) would apply I think you offer her the job. To bad Carolyn Peck signed on with Vandy she has a wealth of knowledge (although she is a Vandy alumn). Maybe even dare I say it like a Shae Ralph from UCONN a guard who knows how to keep the flow of the game. Kara Lawson would also be a good candidate because she has been in successful schemes both professionally and internationally. Her face is also very recognizable and she could relate to today's players...

that would be an interesting pick up...
The only thing that remotely makes me feel better about her leaving for sc is that is her home state and she still has family that resides there. Just like sharrona reaves coming back to tn where she was from. I think you go after a coach who hasn't been taught an offensively gifted scheme. If someone like neil ivey (not saying her specifically) would apply i think you offer her the job. To bad carolyn peck signed on with vandy she has a wealth of knowledge (although she is a vandy alumn). Maybe even dare i say it like a shae ralph from uconn a guard who knows how to keep the flow of the game. Kara lawson would also be a good candidate because she has been in successful schemes both professionally and internationally. Her face is also very recognizable and she could relate to today's players...

**has been taught in an offensively gifted **

It is difficult to be successful given the coaching roster at this point..... it is holly's show..... i cannot think of a single assistant coach who has starred without the HC being a stalwart

Has there been any statements by anyone....of course as previously mentioned those are always 'spins' and or so vague you really can't glean anything of substance from them....has there been any 'talk' or rumors about problems of concerns by either party?

Anyone know what position she coached?

It was my understanding she taught the guards and per SCar fans was the main catalyst for the pick up of Westbrook and Davis. Although, maybe Vol fans would know more about that? I thought Reeves was the main recruiter. I think that's her title anyway or something along those lines.

I also heard a while back that Law was the reason Davis & Westbrook came to TN. Obviously, they also had to like the head coach to play for her. Just heard Law was the closer.

Law has family in SC and wanted to get back there. Sure it was also a big rai$e.

I thank Jolette Law for her years of service and wish her success at South Carolina.

Now, her departure leaves an opening. We've been hoping for an offensive assistant. This is a HUGE hiring decision. Hoping the decision makers get us the right person.

It's the main story I'll be watching this summer.

Reactions: 3 people
I thank Jolette Law for her years of service and wish her success at South Carolina.

Now, her departure leaves an opening. We've been hoping for an offensive assistant. This is a HUGE hiring decision. Hoping the decision makers get us the right person.

It's the main story I'll be watching this summer.

Jolette going back to her home state of SC isn't too surprising. She spends any free time/vacation time in SC so the chance to be closer to home would be too good to turn down.

There are a ton of possibilities for assistant coaches... A name that won't come up a lot but someone that I think could be a possibility is Alex Simmons (formerly Alex Fuller) from Ole Miss. Former Lady Vol who has had success (especially in recruiting) as an assistant at MTSU and Ole Miss.... Including 3 straight years of top 20 recruiting classes at Ole Miss which is unheard of for them (at least since the early 80's).

Reactions: 4 people
WOW !!!!! Let her go and bring someone better I know they are out there. I would offer the job to Keisha Hunt. I've watch her team play and the run like UCONN. She is the coach at Hamilton Heights Christian Academy, in Chattanooga. Could get Treasure Hunt her daughter and Kamilla Cardosa both class of 2020.

I like your thinking! Adding her almost guarantees us Hunt for sure (unless she no longer wants to play for her mom) and if we land Nicolleti it also helps with Cardosa as both are Brazillians! If Lawson is interested you certainly take her! I want someone who would no only help us offensively but knows the programs tradition and wants it to return to prominence!

Jolette going back to her home state of SC isn't too surprising. She spends any free time/vacation time in SC so the chance to be closer to home would be too good to turn down.

There are a ton of possibilities for assistant coaches... A name that won't come up a lot but someone that I think could be a possibility is Alex Simmons (formerly Alex Fuller) from Ole Miss. Former Lady Vol who has had success (especially in recruiting) as an assistant at MTSU and Ole Miss.... Including 3 straight years of top 20 recruiting classes at Ole Miss which is unheard of for them (at least since the early 80's).

I love her also, Just wonder would Dean give up coaching Post players?

My only hope is that Holly does not follow the same process she did when she hired Reaves. In that hire she did not go looking for a specific coach or skill set. For that hire she waited to see who came to her.

If an assistant coach leaves, can an incoming freshman decide not to come? Given the playing time available, I would be shocked if any of the recruits thought about not coming.

What is the process for hiring an assistant? Does Holly make the final decision? If Lawson was interested, would you really consider her? Does she have any coaching experience?

VN Store

Back