Crompton Article

Rickster

VFL
Just another example of what negative actions towards players can result in. Sad that athletes are treated as objects and not real people who are entitled to be treated with respect and courtesy. Crompton and his family's treatment is truly trailer trash behavior and something the general fan base should be embarrassed by.

Reactions: 17 people
Is this an article or did you mean to put a link?

BTW, I agree with you sentiments. It's one of the reasons that I have personally considered walking away from Vol sports altogether. The attitude toward Crompton on this board alone was about as pathetic a thing as I've ever seen.

Reactions: 3 people
Just another example of what negative actions towards players can result in. Sad that athletes are treated as objects and not real people who are entitled to be treated with respect and courtesy. Crompton and his family's treatment is truly trailer trash behavior and something the general fan base should be embarrassed by.

The general fan base is embarrassed because of a few idiots. The vast majority of fans are not like these people. I don't know if you are in love with drama or not but i think we've all heard the story by now so keeping it alive serves nothing.

I think those people have played too much NCAA on the Xbox. They started thinking that the players were no more than the characters on their video games who could be cussed out with no repercussions, and just started letting it slip out into the real world. Or maybe they are just a-holes.

Reactions: 2 people
The general fan base is embarrassed because of a few idiots. The vast majority of fans are not like these people. I don't know if you are in love with drama or not but i think we've all heard the story by now so keeping it alive serves nothing.

It's being kept alive because Crompton is talking to the media about it again. And the article was linked to the VN home page which made it open for discussion.

It's a damn shame he feels uncomfortable coming back to his alma mater.

And despite the hatred most Vol fans have towards Kiffin, some players like Crompton really liked him. Perspective is everything.

Too many people rely on reflected glory from their team to bolster their self worth. That's what leads to the type of behavior described in the article. Some are gamblers who lost a bet.

The purpose of college is mainly academics and socialization. In too many schools, sports comes first. I admire the Ivy League for not giving sports scholarships. That encourages students to choose less popular sports and even football is just a fun afternoon's activity, not life and death.

Football, particularly at the power conferences is a business. Farm teams for the NFL.

In summary:
He was hurt by the actions of a few fans (he had a right to be), he is working on getting over it, and the writer of the article never took any writing courses past sophomore year in high school.

Glad he has been able to make a good living playing football.
v,b

Reactions: 1 person

Yet it's the dumb loud ones that get all the attention and you know this. One simply can't ignore or do nothing about a**head fans and expect other people outside vol fandom to NOT judge the entire fanbase based on a small minority of idiots.

Just ask the 99.9999% of peaceful muslims out there....

Yet it's the dumb loud ones that get all the attention and you know this. One simply can't ignore or do nothing about a**head fans and expect other people outside vol fandom to NOT judge the entire fanbase based on a small minority of idiots.

Just ask the 99.9999% of peaceful muslims out there....

Just ask the 99.9999% of peaceful gun owners out there...

(Must we go political?)

Reactions: 4 people
Poor little worm killing ex UT qb's feelings still hurt? Poor guy, somebody get him a trophy blankie to sleep with

mean ole ticket buying fans....

Poor little worm killing ex UT qb's feelings still hurt? Poor guy, somebody get him a trophy blankie to sleep with

mean ole ticket buying fans....

After a game, someone told his mother they hoped all of them died in a car crash.

I'd be willing to bet the media stirred it up with Crompton.

Reactions: 1 person
They used to say all kinds of things to Condredge Hollaway(sp?), he never squalled about it. He went out and made them eat their words.

There isn't a fan base out there that doesn't have idiots and abnormal people. So I am sure athletes everywhere have bad experiences with some fans.

They used to say all kinds of things to Condredge Hollaway(sp?), he never squalled about it. He went out and made them eat their words.

I'm guessing the media asked him about it. They are always stirring things up.

Crompton had a 5 or 7 game span that he was as good as anyone in the SEC HIS SENIOR YEAR remember he was playing behind a freshmen OL Kiffen worked with him and he was a decent QB the last half of the year the only thing Kiffen done right why he was here i don't like little wanny but he can call a good game and help young QB would be a heck of a OC and QB coach he never will be a very good head coach.

VN Store

Back