Off Topic Conversations

LadyVol1908

So as I get on here, i see new post come through on different threads, only to open them and see it's conversations that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread. I don't know about everyone else but it's quite annoying.

I love ALMOST everyone on this board so I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way. You can either use it or ignore it. I just thought this could be a place for Gule, SmallVol, and TVol to have their conversations. 😊😊😊😊😊

Reactions: 9 people
So as I get on here, i see new post come through on different threads, only to open them and see it's conversations that have absolutely NOTHING to do with the topic of the thread. I don't know about everyone else but it's quite annoying.

I love ALMOST everyone on this board so I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way. You can either use it or ignore it. I just thought this could be a place for Gule, SmallVol, and TVol to have their conversations. 😊😊😊😊😊

I hear u, but u can't really tell ppl what to post when they got dat rite to do anything they want. Believe me it's "annoying" like u mentioned,but I try to ignore it.

Reactions: 2 people
This would open a big can ole can of worms, could get potentially nasty given the current climate these days. Just sayn'.

Staying on-topic is for those annoying radio shows and/or blogs with the drug-addicted hosts.
It speaks to the anal-retentive mindset of the mokes bored enough with their everyday lives to tune into them.
Besides, it's the off-season!

Last edited:
since this is off topic I would like to ask a question or two. college and pro coaches mostly football and basket ball stay in coaching for years and make mucho dineros off it do you think they stay in coaching for the love of the game or for the money? also do you think pro basketball and football players stay playing for the love of the game or for money. if lets say a 100,000 dollars was the limit for each coaching and players how many would play as long as they do.

Gule,

so you get upset when someone offers you a positive opportunity to have friendly conversations that are relevant to only several of you. one positive and as an earlier poster commented boarders are not always positive.

smile

Perhaps the posters who engage in personal back and forth ad nauseam don't realize that it's an inconsiderate thing to do.

It's more than just reading those posts. Its the fact that the new message indicator turns on encouraging observers to "click in" only to find it's not a valid message for the thread.

Perhaps this thread will make people aware of the effect on others.

Reactions: 4 people
since this is off topic I would like to ask a question or two. college and pro coaches mostly football and basket ball stay in coaching for years and make mucho dineros off it do you think they stay in coaching for the love of the game or for the money? also do you think pro basketball and football players stay playing for the love of the game or for money. if lets say a 100,000 dollars was the limit for each coaching and players how many would play as long as they do.

mucho dinero + love + health = how long...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

I find it refreshing that something is posted that is not team negative. Let them write what they want to write. If censorship is desired, let it be the Nega vol rants and not fans playful antics with other fans. Come on.....not every post has to be negative rants on the team or coaching staff. Let them be. You are just pushing on them because they are not Nega vols.

Reactions: 5 people
I find it refreshing that something is posted that is not team negative. Let them write what they want to write. If censorship is desired, let it be the Nega vol rants and not fans playful antics with other fans. Come on.....not every post has to be negative rants on the team or coaching staff. Let them be. You are just pushing on them because they are not Nega vols.

WHAT????

I call out trolls and NegaVols all the time so I don't see how I'm pushing on them cause they aren't NegaVols.

I'm pushing on them because I'm tired of opening threads and it's a conversation that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Did you even read what I posted.

I don't know how what I posted, turned into me advocating for nothing but negative post. Makes no sense.

Reactions: 4 people
Is someone accusing LV1908 of being a Negavol? ROFL. I mean, we're no fans of each other, but she's been consistently trying to pump sunshine into the state of the program.

Is someone accusing LV1908 of being a Negavol? ROFL. I mean, we're no fans of each other, but she's been consistently trying to pump sunshine into the state of the program.

😂😂😂😂 I'm glad we're on the same page with something Amb! At least you know me! Lol

Perhaps the posters who engage in personal back and forth ad nauseam don't realize that it's an inconsiderate thing to do.

It's more than just reading those posts. Its the fact that the new message indicator turns on encouraging observers to "click in" only to find it's not a valid message for the thread.

when it comes time for us to get back to basketball, we/they will. For now, I appreciate their banter. Often amusing, never boring. ...No, its not basketball, but I sit with these people and they know the game. . . Right now, the game is only being addressed by those who love it most. ...Right now the players are being developed.

I have a new student. We will be working out two hours, thrice a week, for the summer. . . :superman:

WHAT????

I call out trolls and NegaVols all the time so I don't see how I'm pushing on them cause they aren't NegaVols.

I'm pushing on them because I'm tired of opening threads and it's a conversation that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Did you even read what I posted.

I don't know how what I posted, turned into me advocating for nothing but negative post. Makes no sense.

I never considered you a nega vol and yes I did read your post as I do for all of them because I appreciate your input. My remarks were in no way directed towards you. Sorry if I offended you.

Reactions: 1 person
Off topic, but has anyone else watched the Netflix documentary about the Catholic church in Baltimore? Interesting show and one of the ladies that is investigating as a civilian looks a lot like Pat Summitt.

Reactions: 1 person
Just got back from a Dr's visit with my urologist. Looks like I will be undergoing further expletory/roto rooter work to find the cause of repeat bacteria infection. Says my kidneys are at big risk. Not happy.

How's that for a downer topic? :(

Reactions: 3 people
Just got back from a Dr's visit with my urologist. Looks like I will be undergoing further expletory/roto rooter work to find the cause of repeat bacteria infection. Says my kidneys are at big risk. Not happy.

Sometimes you have to look back, instead of looking forward.
I hope you can still look forward.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for Gule

Sending positive and healing vibes your way Gule

I couldn't agree with this more. I mentioned this once and got a rude "who the hell are you?" from Gule. After that I just assumed everyone was on board with his silliness. Glad to know I wasn't the only one

VN Store

Back