softball: future LV Ashley Rogers named Gatorade POY for Tennessee

kamoshika

Cf7vOMYUAAE34sp.jpg

She's pretty good. :)

Meigs County High School pitcher Ashley Rogers is the Gatorade Tennessee softball player of the year after leading the Lady Tigers to their second Class A state championship in a row.

The 5-foot-10 right-hander, who has committed to the University of Tennessee but has another year of high school to go, went 33-3 for the 41-3 Lady Tigers in 2017, with a 0.27 earned run average, 441 strikeouts and only 10 walks in 208 innings, a .406 batting average, seven home runs and 45 runs batted in. She was Tennessee's Class A Miss Softball in 2016.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/preps/story/2017/jun/07/meigs-countys-rogers-gatorade-state-softball/432112/

http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/default.asp?u=FURY99&s=softball&p=custom&pagename=Ashley+Rogers

Reactions: 6 people
possibly...missing link for NC...:question:...:crossfingers:

GO LADY VOLS!...come on Mr. Currie...make it official...:wavey::wavey:

The thing is the Weeklys always learn from mistakes and one they had was a few misses on pitchers so now we have a run on pitchers that are legit...the lefty we have in the grad class of 2019 I believe out of FL threw a perfect game and struck out all 21 batters

Logan Caymol P… East Cobb Bullets -- Biele
Logan throws five different pitches at any time in the count with a drop curve and rise combination that is lethal. 6-foot-2 this fall when she went 17-1 with a 0.87 ERA. She had 17 complete games and 10 shutouts

Callie Turner P... Florida Impact
6 pitches, 35 mph Change throws in the 64-to-67 mph range and has three different levels of rise balls

Anna Hazlewood P/1B… Huntsville Sparks
She's close to 6-foot and can hit 66 mph on the radar gun while throwing in the mid-60s regularly

Amanda Curran P/2B… Texas Peppers
6-foot pitcher with a strong arm

Kiki Milloy OF/P… Washington Majestics
6-foot , throwing 63-64 mph with a strong change and drop ball

Reactions: 1 person
If we can hang on to all these pitchers, things look great for the future....
Finally some great arms will be in the circle.....

Turner just pitched her Land O Lakes HS team to the 6A state championship. Excellent left-hander. They're all super prospects.

There is a name not on that list

Fastball averages 66-68. Occasionally hits 70.

ERA of .78 for the SoCal Athletics who finished 2nd in the PGF 18U Gold Nationals.

Struck out 15 batters in a single game at the 18U Gold Nationals.

Numerous no hitters in high school and travel ball.

And she's gonna pitch for UT

If she is that good, then somebody struck out by leaving her off that list up there!

Our hitting has to improve with all these great pitchers on the squad.....Practices will be very game like....

Looking bright for softball..........

There is a name not on that list

Fastball averages 66-68. Occasionally hits 70.

ERA of .78 for the SoCal Athletics who finished 2nd in the PGF 18U Gold Nationals.

Struck out 15 batters in a single game at the 18U Gold Nationals.

Numerous no hitters in high school and travel ball.

And she's gonna pitch for UT

she committed to UT already? If so, who is she?

buf-sball-34_p3.jpg

* Caymol went 17-1 last season with a 0.87 ERA and 156 strikeouts in 121 1/3 innings. She held opponents to a .160 batting average. Named Georgia Class AAAAA Pitcher of the Year.

softypitch_19280963_8col.jpg

* Turner was also 17-1 with a 0.21 ERA, 249 Ks & 38 walks in 132.2 innings...OBA of just .093. Her HS coach said recently that Turner as a sophomore is "probably at the level Shannon was her senior year," referring to this year's Conference USA Freshman of the Year, Shannon Saile.

Last edited:
Sounds like he/she is referring to Matty Moss, for some reason, whose HS/club bio matches up exactly.

Yes it's Matty. All those numbers are true. And yet there are plenty of people who were unhappy with her performance. It's a tough crowd. You can spin numbers a lot of ways. Believe it when you see it. A 3rd pitcher would be nice, especially one that is very good, to maybe take some of the workload and have fresher arms at tourney time. Or even to jump Moss and Arnold and become the hammer. Hopefully with several coming in one will pan out. But beware of numbers. And believe it when you see it.

buf-sball-34_p3.jpg

* Caymol went 17-1 with a 0.87 ERA and 156 strikeouts in 121 1/3 innings. She held opponents to a .160 batting average. Named Georgia Class AAAAA Pitcher of the Year.

softypitch_19280963_8col.jpg

* Turner was also 17-1 with a 0.21 ERA, 249 Ks & 38 walks in 132.2 innings...OBA of just .093.

Cat Hosfield was national high school player of the year. Went 44-5 one year with an ERA of .25. 3rd most wins in a season ever by a high school pitcher. Set the high school national record striking out 659 one season in 257 innings (that's 18 batters a game for an entire year-there are only 21 outs per game). Pitched for the Batbusters who came in second in Nationals. Beware of numbers. Believe it when you see it.

I have only been following Tennessee softball since the Monica Abbott years, but I am an alumnus of UTC and remember the Weekly's from there. I cannot remember them letting pitchers hit. With Ashley Rogers hitting over .400, do you think that may change?

I have only been following Tennessee softball since the Monica Abbott years, but I am an alumnus of UTC and remember the Weekly's from there. I cannot remember them letting pitchers hit. With Ashley Rogers hitting over .400, do you think that may change?

Rainey Gaffin

Yes it's Matty. All those numbers are true. And yet there are plenty of people who were unhappy with her performance. It's a tough crowd. You can spin numbers a lot of ways. Believe it when you see it. A 3rd pitcher would be nice, especially one that is very good, to maybe take some of the workload and have fresher arms at tourney time. Or even to jump Moss and Arnold and become the hammer. Hopefully with several coming in one will pan out. But beware of numbers. And believe it when you see it.

Even UT coaches say she still hasn't done as well as she is expected because she still hasn't completely bought in

Last edited:
Turner just pitched her Land O Lakes HS team to the 6A state championship. Excellent left-hander. They're all super prospects.

Her team beat the high school team that Brooke Langston (2017 signee) plays for to win the 6A State Championship

I appreciate this thread and all those who have provided info on these future Lady Vol pitchers.I too hope that out of these candidates that at least one comes to the forefront and can spur the team on to the World Series.

I concur arm...What has she not bought into?

Moss pitched her butt off.....

VN Store

Back