Cooper is a Lady Gamecock

NCAA transfer rules require Cooper to be enrolled in classes for two full semesters at South Carolina before she will be eligible to play. She will then have two years of eligibility remaining.

She now has a much better chance of winning a national championship with Dawn than if she had stayed and played for Holly Warlick.

Reactions: 13 people
So Warlick gave her an unconditional release.? Couldn't she have prevented her from going to another SEC school or no? That she is going to our biggest conference rival is so....Warlickian. If it can go wrong, under Holly it will go wrong. All that's left is for Cooper--who seems to be a bad apple--to sink the game winning shot against us in the national championship game.

Reactions: 5 people
So Warlick gave her an unconditional release.? Couldn't she have prevented her from going to another SEC school or no? That she is going to our biggest conference rival is so....Warlickian. If it can go wrong, under Holly it will go wrong. All that's left is for Cooper--who seems to be a bad apple--to sink the game winning shot against us in the national championship game.

And you posting gloom and doom is so armchairian.

Reactions: 17 people
Good for her. Hopefully she'll mature a bit and finish out her college career in a positive way. IMO, there's no reason to wish anything but a bright future for any young person given a second chance to succeed after having made poor decisions the first time around.

Reactions: 7 people
in honor of Prognostication Day, I'll say she don't do swat at SC...the Lady Vols will put her and Dawn down like mad dogs...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: 6 people
I think that something is seriously wrong with Holly if she allowed cooper to go to South Carolina.

Reactions: 4 people
If the allegations that Cooper was expelled from UT are true, then Holly has little say in where she transfer to. Indeed, the NCAA rules on expelled athletes are quite forgiving and actually give the original school incentives to help the troubled athlete transfer in "good standing." This article addressing the general NCAA rules covering troubled athletes and transfers may explain some of the mystery surrounding UT's handling of the Cooper situation:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-apr-rules-20150609-story.html

Reactions: 4 people
If the allegations that Cooper was expelled from UT are true, then Holly has little say in where she transfer to. Indeed, the NCAA rules on expelled athletes are quite forgiving and actually give the original school incentives to help the troubled athlete transfer in "good standing." This article addressing the general NCAA rules covering troubled athletes and transfers may explain some of the mystery surrounding UT's handling of the Cooper situation:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-apr-rules-20150609-story.html

Holly being a coach is just backward to me. I've never heard whereby 2 key players left vols for Rubbish reasons. I'm just angry I guess.

NCAA transfer rules require Cooper to be enrolled in classes for two full semesters at South Carolina before she will be eligible to play. She will then have two years of eligibility remaining.

She now has a much better chance of winning a national championship with Dawn than if she had stayed and played for Holly Warlick.

Go back to UCONN board

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
In the 'Cooper leaving' thread, it was said Holly wasn't truthful when she said Te'a asked for a transfer. In retort, many fans "in the know" said she was kicked out of school by the administration. It was also stated if a player is kicked out of school, she wouldn't have to wait a year to play. Is that in facr an NCAA rule? If so, what rule number is it?

Never heard where administration allow player to attend certain school if coach says no. If this is true, Holly is the dumest coach on earth.
No, this post is the dumest (note spelling) post on earth. How even in the warped mind of some UT fans is it Holly's fault when, as your post says, the admin goes against her wishes?

Reactions: 2 people
If Cooper was expelled from school, then Warlick was dishonest with the public as she said, did she not, that Cooper had decided to transfer--making it seem as if the decision was hers when in fact it was the university's. This is a question that the media SHOULD put to Warlick--why she misled the public. Or did I miss Warlick saying that Cooper had been expelled? I don't remember hearing or reading that. This situation has been BADLY handled by the basketball program and/or the university. You should state the facts and not try to give the public some public relations song-and-dance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back