Super Regionals/World Series

UT_Tix79

Advancing to Super Regionals - best of 3 series starting May 23-25, top 8 seeds host at their site

#1 Florida
#16 Alabama

#9 Texas A&M
#8 Tennessee

#5 UCLA
#12 Ole Miss

#13 LSU
#4 Florida State

#3 Oregon
#14 Kentucky

#11 Utah
#6 Washington

#7 Auburn
#10 Oklahoma

#15 Baylor
#2 Arizona

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Actually, gonna be in town this coming weekend, and was wanting to take in a Softball game. Will I be able to get tickets when I get there, or do I need to go ahead and order them now?

Actually, gonna be in town this coming weekend, and was wanting to take in a Softball game. Will I be able to get tickets when I get there, or do I need to go ahead and order them now?

Should be available tomorrow morning, I wouldn't wait

Super Regionals are typically pretty packed, But you can usually get some walk up tickets game day also

So it looks like all the top 16 seeds are going to make it to the super regionals

Tulsa vs Oklahoma winner moves on, still 3 teams alive in the LSU bracket because of terrible weather

How about this: The Tennessean newspaper has NOTHING on the tournament today..Absolutely NOTHING..No article(s), no scores, no brackets or anything else at all..How pathetic considering they cover everything High School, including Softball, and SEC Baseball fron top to bottom but apparently consider NCAA Postseason Regional Women's Softball not worthy..Pathetic.....

Reactions: 8 people
How about this: The Tennessean newspaper has NOTHING on the tournament today..Absolutely NOTHING..No article(s), no scores, no brackets or anything else at all..How pathetic considering they cover everything High School, including Softball, and SEC Baseball fron top to bottom but apparently consider NCAA Postseason Regional Women's Softball not worthy..Pathetic.....

The Weeklys should have a couple of the players file a Title IX lawsuit...they would be on the front page then :banghead2:

7 out of the 10 teams through so far are SEC, that's domination

when you're playing at home. Nearly all of them were.

I feel badly for Minnesota--they got screwed royally. Even with a meh schedule, they had an exceptional season and should have hosted a regional. Adding injury to insult, they got sent to bamer, which has the second best pitching in the SEC. I mean, Minny should have hosted a regional--but failing that the committee should have AT LEAST sent them to Oxford or Lexington, where they would have easier time.

when you're playing at home. Nearly all of them were.

I feel badly for Minnesota--they got screwed royally. Even with a meh schedule, they had an exceptional season and should have hosted a regional. Adding injury to insult, they got sent to bamer, which has the second best pitching in the SEC. I mean, Minny should have hosted a regional--but failing that the committee should have AT LEAST sent them to Oxford or Lexington, where they would have easier time.

Teams have to play and beat top teams to host. When you have only played 4 top 25 games and get demolished in 2 of those games you don't host. And they had their shot to prove they were screwed and went 0-2 against the lowest seeded team in the tournament. Seems like they got exactly what they deserved.

Reactions: 8 people
OU could lose to Tulsa but I doubt they will.

I don't know about that. OU lost to North Dakota St in this regional, and then only beat Tulsa in extras. Tulsa's got a heck of a chance to win that game tomorrow. I'm hoping for it, because my disdain for OU softball for some reason is up there with my dislike for Florida and Alabama softball.

should have had a shortish article, since there are a lot of Vol fans in Nashville, but you're not going to get much coverage of a conference rival, especially when Vandy doesn't even have a team.

should have had a shortish article, since there are a lot of Vol fans in Nashville, but you're not going to get much coverage of a conference rival, especially when Vandy doesn't even have a team.

Armchair, the Tennessean used to cover college sports pretty thoroughly - UT, Vandy, Belmont, Lipscomb, TSU were all represented on the sports pages. UT had (and continues to have) precedence over all the other college sports in Tennessee, because UT has the most fans in Nashville. Lady Vol softball was a team they have covered in the past, even in the regular season. That they don't cover it now is not a statement of respect or disrespect of softball, it's a statement of how little life there is left at the Tennessean as a newspaper. Maybe after the NHL post season is finished, there will be a reporter available to cover other sports (the Nashville NHL team is in the final 4). It's really just a shadow of a newspaper anymore.

VN Store

Back