John Adams Article

Questions may just now be arising Adams' mind, but fans were asking the same questions on this site all of last season. What is more important is whether anything is ever going to raise questions in the minds of our athletics administrators. Frankly, my opinion is that no one in the Athletic Department right now gives a hoot about women's basketball.

Reactions: 4 people
Deserves some attention from Kurrie. Lady Vols need a positive change!

spelled
Currie...

and I believe his statement from Woodruff article is a warning ............"I want to make it clear that love for an institution is not an ultimate measure for success".

Currie is a businessman and "expectations" should follow him in all sports.

Reactions: 1 person
"Warlick has averaged 25.6 victories in her five seasons since taking over the program that Pat Summitt built into a national powerhouse. But she has won successively fewer games in each of the past three seasons, going from 30 wins to 22 to 20. And the past two teams haven’t come close to consistently playing up to their potential.

Moreover, players on the past two teams often looked as though they didn’t enjoy playing with one another. A coach can’t make everybody like one another. But a coach must help create team chemistry that’s conducive to success. She also must hold all players to certain standards on and off the floor.

The way this team has performed on the court makes me wonder what’s going on with it off the floor. More specifically, it makes me wonder about team discipline and whether Warlick is a strong enough leader to advance this program any further."

'Nuff Said!

Reactions: 7 people
No one pays attention to him that man knows nothing who fires a coach who averages a 25 game win but I believe we need to give her at least this year to get us back in the right direction and two transfer now days is nothing

No one pays attention to him that man knows nothing who fires a coach who averages a 25 game win but I believe we need to give her at least this year to get us back in the right direction and two transfer now days is nothing

100%. That article is bull from someone who don't know squat about what's going on and to get the haters stirred up on this board.

Reactions: 4 people
100%. That article is bull from someone who don't know squat about what's going on and to get the haters stirred up on this board.

That article is refreshing in the sense that we have at least one person willing to touch the holy grail while the rest of the media in town just covers their eyes and acts like there are no problems because how dare we question Pats judgment. There are many like myself who are not in either the kool aide camp like yourself or wanting her fired tomorrow. What I am looking for are substantive questions and substantive answers from HW none of which we have at this time.

The warning shot to HW in my view was the firing of the men's tennis coach assuming that the fire was 100% performance and not personality related. There is an interesting parallel where he won a couple SEC titles and had a national runner up early on but collapsed the last few years in an obvious downward trend. Her program hasn't had losing SEC seasons the last two years like tennis but the trend is downward. If next year mimics the past two the precedent has now been set for Currie.

John Adams is a self righteous old fart. He writes an article stirring up animosity toward Serrano. Serrano quits, so he starts feeling his oats elsewhere. Someone should have neutered him a long time ago.

When he retires, the KNS will be a much better paper. At this point, it can't no nowhere but up.

Reactions: 6 people
One thing that should be for certain no matter the transfers still need to make the final four or make a change in coaching staff. Still have three seniors and number one class and top JUCO player to join them. We have to up the expectations or we'll never make a coaching change. Holly has a team with top five talent in the country they need to play like that.

Reactions: 6 people
Maybe Cooper was also worried about playing time. Coming off a major injury, she could have noticed that she was a step slower than her teammates.

I'm not defending Holly though, she needs to step up her game and I'm guessing she has one season to do it.

John Adams is a self righteous old fart. He writes an article stirring up animosity toward Serrano. Serrano quits, so he starts feeling his oats elsewhere. Someone should have neutered him a long time ago.

When he retires, the KNS will be a much better paper. At this point, it can't no nowhere but up.
What is a "paper?"

Well said, 4ever.:hi:

Besides, Adams is a hater, don't know why, but he is.

His job is to write columns--and he recognizes, like most everyone who knows anything about sports, that Warlick is a bad coach who needs to be replaced. It has nothing to do with "hating."

Reactions: 12 people
His job is to write columns--and he recognizes, like most everyone who knows anything about sports, that Warlick is a bad coach who needs to be replaced. It has nothing to do with "hating."

Hmmmmm. Apparently you haven't followed his "journalistic career". That's OK, no need to get all protective of him just because I deem him a hater. :)

Glad you enjoyed the SB game. It was a wild one:eek:hmy:.

Reactions: 3 people
His knowledge of WCBB could fit in a thimble. Anyone who's looked at WCBB recently could have seen transfers from ND, Maryland, Baylor, Ohio St, Louisville, UConn, and nearly every other top program, yet somehow Tenn's "resonate more?" Seriously?

And too bad he didn't bother to read Middleton's recent statements about her decision to transfer, or better yet, talk to her.

Then he threw in some old information about win-loss records so he reached his required number of column inches and could take home a paycheck.

It seems to me that local reporting of Lady Vols basketball could use some improvement too.

John Adams wants this program to be what it was, not where it was presently heading. I have met the man...He strikes me as someone who is going to say what is needed to get change.
And,,, IT IS time for good news and good happenings to be publicly associated with the Lady Vol program.

Reactions: 11 people
I just disagree with the part where he says that Warlick may be coaching for her job next season. IMO Warlick is coaching for her job now. I think she realizes it. How the team looks and plays next February and March is essentially being determined now in the off season. It's not the pieces that are missing; it's the whole.

John Adams wants this program to be what it was, not where it was presently heading. I have met the man...He strikes me as someone who is going to say what is needed to get change.
And,,, IT IS time for good news and good happenings to be publicly associated with the Lady Vol program.

That's a load of hot crap. Adams writes to stir the masses and it is rarely for anything "good". He gets to write more when things are going wrong, not right. If he calls for a firing that happens, it just feeds his stinking ego. I have more regard for the gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe. He needs to take a long walk off a short pier into shark infested waters. If there is a species of shark that can stomach him.

Reactions: 8 people
That's a load of hot crap. Adams writes to stir the masses and it is rarely for anything "good". He gets to write more when things are going wrong, not right. If he calls for a firing that happens, it just feeds his stinking ego. I have more regard for the gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe. He needs to take a long walk off a short pier into shark infested waters. If there is a species of shark that can stomach him.

Woo Hoo 💯

Any articles no matter how slight that sheds a light on the dismal job performance of CHW her fans come out to protest and attack the messenger. It's kind of funny and delusional, too. :pepper:

Reactions: 9 people
Any articles no matter how slight that sheds a light on the dismal job performance of CHW her fans come out to protest and attack the messenger. It's kind of funny and delusional, too. :pepper:

Once again, this is not about Holly or supporters of the team as much as some of you want it to be. This is about Adams. He is a bammer hammer. Always has been and always will be. He normally is a thorn in the side of other UT programs especially when things are not at their optimum but apparently has seen a chance to stick it to the women's team. Ask pretty much any coach on the hill and they will say he is an embarrassment to the profession and is always looking to amplify dirt whenever possible.

I just disagree with the part where he says that Warlick may be coaching for her job next season. IMO Warlick is coaching for her job now. I think she realizes it. How the team looks and plays next February and March is essentially being determined now in the off season. It's not the pieces that are missing; it's the whole.

She is coaching for her job....Just as in every year she will coach for her job...welcome to college coaching. Nothing new in that statement.

And yes, players are developed in the off-season so teams can develop in the in-season. If the former isn't getting done properly, the latter is delayed as well.

Right now is when the girls should be working hardest.
Right now.

Reactions: 2 people
"Warlick has averaged 25.6 victories in her five seasons since taking over the program that Pat Summitt built into a national powerhouse. But she has won successively fewer games in each of the past three seasons, going from 30 wins to 22 to 20. And the past two teams haven’t come close to consistently playing up to their potential.

Moreover, players on the past two teams often looked as though they didn’t enjoy playing with one another. A coach can’t make everybody like one another. But a coach must help create team chemistry that’s conducive to success. She also must hold all players to certain standards on and off the floor.

The way this team has performed on the court makes me wonder what’s going on with it off the floor. More specifically, it makes me wonder about team discipline and whether Warlick is a strong enough leader to advance this program any further."

'Nuff Said!

Yep !!!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back