NCAA Regionals hosted by the Lady Vols Softball Team

Is the Friday night game the only game scheduled for ESPN2 at that time or is it one of those "wrap-around" things they do in the Women's NCAA basketball tournament?

Is the Friday night game the only game scheduled for ESPN2 at that time or is it one of those "wrap-around" things they do in the Women's NCAA basketball tournament?

ESPN2 will carry the Tennessee-Longwood game in its entirety.

Reactions: 2 people

Ugh. The Wraparound should be renamed The Disappointment, because that's all I ever feel when trying to enjoy watching a tournament in that format.

ESPN gets to pretend that they are providing full coverage when, in fact, many of us don't get to see anywhere near "full coverage." Not a fan of it.

Don't know if there is a takeaway but an early interesting result in SLC with BYU beating Miss State 8-0.

Miss. State not exactly repping the SEC with that result. Good grief.

I watched the first 4 innings and they looked like krap. Lefty pitcher was wild and errors. Came out flat. It looked like it was colder than hello because the BYU coaches was bundled up!

Last edited:
I watched the first 4 innings and they looked like krap. Lefty pitcher was wild and errors. Came out flat. It looked like it was colder that hello because the BYU coaches was bundled up!

Boulder Colorado had 4" of snow on the ground at CU graduation today.

It's possible only UF, Auburn, UT, aTm and maybe Ole Miss make it out of the Regionals. LSU could have a tough time with ULL and Bama will have to deal with a PO'd Minnesota.

It's possible only UF, Auburn, UT, aTm and maybe Ole Miss make it out of the Regionals. LSU could have a tough time with ULL and Bama will have to deal with a PO'd Minnesota.

I will take Bama over a Minnesota at home. If they can go in and win there it may mean there are somewhat legitimate. I am not sure TAM will get out of their regional as well. JMHO as always

I will take Bama over a Minnesota at home. If they can go in and win there it may mean there are somewhat legitimate. I am not sure TAM will get out of their regional as well. JMHO as always

Yeah, I would put aTm and Ole Miss at 50/50. I really haven't watched Minnesota, but they seem extremely motivated. They could run into a buzzsaw, though, if Osorio is on.

Id like to see 8 of the SEC teams make super regionals and 4 make the WCWS to show how dominant the conference is now..of course if UF or Auburn lost in the regionals I wouldn't shed a tear 😄

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone heard from LV Jeff?

Until 4/27 he posted every day as far back as I can look. Since then he has not posted, and he loves and follows LVSB closely. Does anyone have a way to contact and check on him?

Last edited:
Jeff's disappearance from the board is indeed odd.

I was just watching a bit of the Cal-Notre Dame game. Good grief, what happened to former Vol Annie Aldrete? She was co-national freshman of the year in her first year as a Vol. Hit 19 home runs. Forget freshman honors--she was All SEC good--a budding All-America--that's how good she was. Her sophomore season started strong and then things went sideways for her. A good friend who was going to school in Nebraska died, and Aldrete apparently had trouble coping with that. She slumped at the end of her sophomore season and then decided to transfer--which didn't really seem to make sense, all things considered. She transferred to Cal--and her game has completely deteriorated since. She had a poor year last year--hit 7 home runs, not a good batting average. This year she hit 226 in the regular season and had 3 home runs and I think 22 RBIs. Yikes. I feel bad for her because she has great talent/potential but it somehow got lost along the way. It has been my observation that very few players--in any sport--rarely benefit from transferring. Football player Nate Peterman was an exception--transferred to Pitt, started for two years and was good---got drafted. But generally transfers, it seems to me, do not work out. And to do it halfway through your college career is particularly iffy. Oh, well. I hope her Cal team beats ND.

Reactions: 2 people
Id like to see 8 of the SEC teams make super regionals and 4 make the WCWS to show how dominant the conference is now..of course if UF or Auburn lost in the regionals I wouldn't shed a tear 😄

The good thing is either UF or Bama and Auburn or Oklahoma will lose.

IMO, the SEC will be lucky to send two teams to the WCWS... and I hope the LVs are one of them!

Reactions: 1 person
The good thing is either UF or Bama and Auburn or Oklahoma will lose.

IMO, the SEC will be lucky to send two teams to the WCWS... and I hope the LVs are one of them!

A perfect Championship Series would have none of them. We'll almost certainly have two--unless Minnesota can beat both bama and florida, and that will be a tall order playing in alabama with a bunch of chunky fans yelling at you for two/three days.

The SEC will struggle to get four because two of the top five teams are in super-regions with other SEC teams, and another (auburn) will likely be playing Oklahoma. Kentucky supposedly has a pretty easy bracket. LSU might have a chance.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider sending 4 teams to OKC as a sign of conference dominance as much as the numbers/odds are in favor of the conference to send that many teams.

VN Store

Back