Cooper Leaving

Looks like one of the freshman will be starting from day one. Didn't see it coming, but can't say that I am surprised. Question is where does she end up and what does this move do to the freshman (Hayes and Westbrook) who more than likely will be thrown in the fire right away

I can say I'm surprised. I never thought of this happening. Makes no sense to me but I guess there are some underlying personality conflicts that run deeper than I suspected. I'm shocked at this one but I was also shocked when Lex was transferring. Wow. Just wow.

Reactions: 2 people
I can say I'm surprised. I never thought of this happening. Makes no sense to me but I guess there are some underlying personality conflicts that run deeper than I suspected. I'm shocked at this one but I was also shocked when Lex was transferring. Wow. Just wow.

More playing time for the 2018 recruits. Alexa was going to be out of equation but Tea would have two more years after next. This will open door for recruits to see not such a cluster for playing time???

Reactions: 1 person
She does not have to set out since she was out last year, correct? Georgia bound!

That's where I think she will be headed also, it is closer to home and they have added a couple of pieces but would she get a release to remain in conference or does she head to Georgia Tech?

That's where I think she will be headed also, it is closer to home and they have added a couple of pieces but would she get a release to remain in conference or does she head to Georgia Tech?

Not sure she gets a release myself. GT you may be right!:thud:

I have no inside information, but I read on the Boneyard that her and Diamond had a big falling out. If true that's odd, I thought they were super close. I hope the Freshmen are ready. We have to sign another top 5 class.

I have no inside information, but I read on the Boneyard that her and Diamond had a big falling out. If true that's odd, I thought they were super close. I hope the Freshmen are ready. We have to sign another top 5 class.

Wouldn't be surprised, their relationship didn't seem as close as it was when she came (judging by their previous interactions on twitter until now). Diamond also seemed develop a relationship with MeMe that Te'a seemed to once shared with Diamond (and MeMe). Wonder now if this changes Alexa's mind since she has yet to announce any schools or anything of that sort and since there would be a few minutes available for her now

The players seem to be surprised to the news, some even reacted on twitter. She seemed like she loved Tennessee I wonder what happened. Te'a will be missed on the court this year. One of the freshmen will definitely start now.

Surprising, but maybe not if her and Diamond had a falling out. She's probably kicking herself for not transferring after she got injured and basically burning 2 years of playing time.

As others have said, it's an opportunity to throw the freshmen into the fire and will probably help with their development since the 2 experienced players projected to play PG are leaving. If it's Westbrook who ends up starting, she could be one of the best freshmen Tennessee has had in a while. Or Holly will crush my hopes and start MeMe at PG instead....

Reactions: 2 people
Surprising, but maybe not if her and Diamond had a falling out. She's probably kicking herself for not transferring after she got injured and basically burning 2 years of playing time.

As others have said, it's an opportunity to throw the freshmen into the fire and will probably help with their development since the 2 experienced players projected to play PG are leaving. If it's Westbrook who ends up starting, she could be one of the best freshmen Tennessee has had in a while. Or Holly will crush my hopes and start MeMe at PG instead....

This is a given. Not Meme at pg, but CHW crushing our hopes.

Reactions: 4 people
This is a given. Not Meme at pg, but CHW crushing our hopes.

I doubt that Holly will leave PG duties to two freshmen. I fully expect Diamond and MeMe will have to play some minutes there out of necessity, but Evina will need to step up and take advantage of the transfer situation.

We will need to sign a major class again.

We will need to sign a major class again.

It's not that bad. With Westbrook, Hayes and Massengill, they are well stocked at PG. But they will need some scoring off guards and wings in the 2018 class, and probably another post player.

The 2018 team will be a very inexperienced team on the floor, with MeMe being the senior leader :blink:

I doubt that Holly will leave PG duties to two freshmen. I fully expect Diamond and MeMe will have to play some minutes there out of necessity, but Evina will need to step up and take advantage of the transfer situation.

No matter who plays, CHW will crush our hopes.

Reactions: 3 people

Preseason will help develop the freshmen. Don't forget Rennia. Westbrook between DD and Nared with Green and Mercedes. The point guard just needs to not throw the ball away or do stupid stuff.

Preseason will help develop the freshmen. Don't forget Rennia. Westbrook between DD and Nared with Green and Mercedes. The point guard just needs to not throw the ball away or do stupid stuff.

There is the potential for this to be frightening since PG duties will be handled by two freshman with no experienced players able to mentor them along at that position...or it could become a breakout party for one, two or both of the freshmen guards. We'll see where this goes. We won't have to wait long to see just how good Evina or Annie are.

VN Store

Back