Congratulations Lady Vol Softball

Rickster

VFL
You gave us a lot to cheer about this year. You won many more games than so-called experts thought you would with a freshman and sophomore pitcher. And you are not through yet...... GLV's.

Reactions: 7 people
The team has been a really nice surprise this year and will go on to do great things in the years ahead. While last night's loss was a real disappointment, teams just have games when they just aren't prepared to win or otherwise look bad. Last night was one of those nights for the Lady Vols. What's worse is that we played very poorly at home in our opening game of the SEC tournament, with the championship clearly there for the taking.
Still, we've had a good year as fans and it's not over yet! On to the regional! :)

Reactions: 4 people
We still got a lot of playing to do and think we'll win our regional. Then we'll see who we draw in the Super Regional.

hear, hear...OP..:toast:...right...not over yet either...no matter what happens it's already been a pleasure to cheer them on, and,

GO LADY VOLS!

We still got a lot of playing to do and think we'll win our regional. Then we'll see who we draw in the Super Regional.

Too early to project regionals. As inconsistent as we've been the last 3 weeks, there are several potential 2 seeds that could pose a threat. Need to see the draw.

Participation trophies for all! Geez. What happened to the drive that anything less than winning each and every game just isn't enough? Seems like the school just doesn't have the desire or drive to accept nothing less than victory. I think we are getting soft as a University in the AD across the board. See Lady Vols basketball or men's football as examples.

Participation trophies for all! Geez. What happened to the drive that anything less than winning each and every game just isn't enough? Seems like the school just doesn't have the desire or drive to accept nothing less than victory. I think we are getting soft as a University in the AD across the board. See Lady Vols basketball or men's football as examples.

Maybe we should just kick the crap out of them for not satisfying you. Geez. They did much more than anyone expected and proved doubters wrong most of the time. Okay, they had a bad game to end the tournament. Big deal. I'm still proud of the fight and determination they showed their fans all season long.

Reactions: 4 people
Maybe we should just kick the crap out of them for not satisfying you. Geez. They did much more than anyone expected and proved doubters wrong most of the time. Okay, they had a bad game to end the tournament. Big deal. I'm still proud of the fight and determination they showed their fans all season long.

much more than you expected--but then with due respect your standards for our athletic programs are LOW. We see that with women's basketball, which is a joke under Warlick but we should all be happy! I have high expectations for our softball team every year because we have one of the best programs in the country? We are in a very tough conference but so is everyone else in the SEC. Nobody knows to start the year who might be good and who not so good. Preseason polls are a joke. Our pitching was young and did well, all things considered. But the season isn't over, so this well-intentioned thread is a bit premature. You can't win championships if you don't have high expectations. Everyone wants to win championships, somebody IS going to win them, so why not us? Aim high.

Reactions: 2 people
much more than you expected--but then with due respect your standards for our athletic programs are LOW. We see that with women's basketball, which is a joke under Warlick but we should all be happy! I have high expectations for our softball team every year because we have one of the best programs in the country? We are in a very tough conference but so is everyone else in the SEC. Nobody knows to start the year who might be good and who not so good. Preseason polls are a joke. Our pitching was young and did well, all things considered. But the season isn't over, so this well-intentioned thread is a bit premature. You can't win championships if you don't have high expectations. Everyone wants to win championships, somebody IS going to win them, so why not us? Aim high.

Curries mission is to elevate every sport in the UTAD to championship level. Work towards that goal every day .

It has NOTHING to do with the girls. They lost. Most teams do eventually. But trying making up for it by saying it's all right or you beat the doubters is all just false posturing and babbling. They played to win, It's not all right they lost. They know it. We should know it and not be so phony with the bogus rhetoric.

I agree with your expectations, because low expectations usually produces low results. I will say that I think the Weeklys did a very good job with what they had. Nationally they were not given much of a chance to produce as they did. At this point, I would not put the Weeklys in the same bag as Holly. Our Lady Vols basketball team is going backward, hopefully next season the backward slide takes a more positive direction.

I agree with your expectations, because low expectations usually produces low results. I will say that I think the Weeklys did a very good job with what they had. Nationally they were not given much of a chance to produce as they did. At this point, I would not put the Weeklys in the same bag as Holly. Our Lady Vols basketball team is going backward, hopefully next season the backward slide takes a more positive direction.

We were also mis-ranked all year long. We should have really been a top 5 team towards the end of the season. One loss & it seems the polls punished us a lot more severe than other ranked teams.

We should be deserving of a top 8 seed to host a Regional & Super Regional but because of the way the rankings treated us it might not happen. We will definitely host a Regional though. Thanks.

Reactions: 3 people
We were also mis-ranked all year long. We should have really been a top 5 team towards the end of the season. One loss & it seems the polls punished us a lot more severe than other ranked teams.

We should be deserving of a top 8 seed to host a Regional & Super Regional but because of the way the rankings treated us it might not happen. We will definitely host a Regional though. Thanks.

Was wondering where you have been lately -- things Ok ?

You and the handful of those like you are living a dream if you believe your EXPECTATIONS are going to make a difference in how the team performs. You are just a malcontent and have been for years. You attack those who say good things because you are a hater and only a hater would take a thread like this and attack it. Go back to living your fantasy that you are a life contributor and don't comment on my posts on the future.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back