WNBA transactions

I hate to see that. Baugh is one of my favorites. Maybe some other franchise needs a strong bench support player.

I hate to see that. Baugh is one of my favorites. Maybe some other franchise needs a strong bench support player.

I love her and hate to see it also, because she is limited offensively, it really hurts her chances in the league. She has to develop some sort of offensive game to be able to stick around. She's a good rebounder and a great shot blocker but many teams are like for a 5 who can also put points on the board and she doesn't have that stretch 4 range teams are seeking in order to have her play the 4.

Pretty ridiculous that Colhado got the spot over her. Bashaara completely outplayed her in the preseason.

Colhado is 6'4, and Indiana is a short team. Colhado can at least take up space in the paint. Sad to say, but there is probably not a place for Bashaara in the WNBA. Not enough height, not enough length. Nina Davis sends her condolences.

Colhado is 6'4, and Indiana is a short team. Colhado can at least take up space in the paint. Sad to say, but there is probably not a place for Bashaara in the WNBA. Not enough height, not enough length. Nina Davis sends her condolences.

Sad to say I agree but it is the truth, once again due to her limited abilities (both offensive and defensively) to go along with her size (undersized 4 at the next level) it is going to be hard for her, Indy was her shot (especially with Tamika Catchings having a part in player development) her only chance is a few 10 day contracts that she can hopefully make stretch the season and hope that she can latch on that way.

It took the undersized (6'1" playing Center for Indy) Erlana Larkins several years after leaving North Carolina to latch on with a team and when she finally did she made Indy her home

Reactions: 1 person
Sad to say I agree but it is the truth, once again due to her limited abilities (both offensive and defensively) to go along with her size (undersized 4 at the next level) it is going to be hard for her, Indy was her shot (especially with Tamika Catchings having a part in player development) her only chance is a few 10 day contracts that she can hopefully make stretch the season and hope that she can latch on that way.

It took the undersized (6'1" playing Center for Indy) Erlana Larkins several years after leaving North Carolina to latch on with a team and when she finally did she made Indy her home

At least Larkins is huge and strong AF. Bashaara has the body of a wing player, but not the game needed to excel at that position. I recall hearing that Minny ended up cutting her loose because they were trying to groom her as a wing, and she just didn't have the skillset needed to play at that position on offense or defense. I think her biggest deficiency is on defense. She cannot defend bigger players because she just doesn't have the body or athleticism needed to keep up. She was a good college player, but she's not WNBA material.

We have been saying that for years already on this forum, try to keep up, okay?

Graves has to get a three point shot a consistent one and 3 go to post moves that work on any size and a great midrange game, period. She did not take lady vols to the level that she should have . The better you play in college the more likely your stock moves up. davis and gray were no picks until they elevated south carolina and in return it elevated their stock.

Graves has to get a three point shot a consistent one and 3 go to post moves that work on any size and a great midrange game, period. She did not take lady vols to the level that she should have . The better you play in college the more likely your stock moves up. davis and gray were no picks until they elevated south carolina and in return it elevated their stock.

She lacked good coaching. No development whatsoever just her college coach screaming to 'play hard' :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people

And Danielle Adams is only 6'1" and seems to be doing fairly well in the league. But she has moves, holds onto the ball, and doesn't get blocked constantly.

CP3 traded.

news at 11.

4 real

no kidding

and you can keep your doctor if you want.

what? me lie?

💥💥💥💥💥☠️☠️☠️💀💀💀🌪🌪🌪🔥🔥🔥💥💥💥💥💥
WARNING!!!!
A GULE:crazy: HAS BEEN SIGHTED IN THE FORUM!!!!
TAKE ALL PRECAUTIONS FOR YOUR SAFETY!!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Dallas waived Erin Philips. She was their team captain, a decade-long WNBA veteran, a starter on 2 championship teams, a star of the Australian national team, and led the league in 3 pt shooting a few years back. And they kept Saniya Chong instead. Wtf were they thinking? Philips will be a great pick up for any team.

And they kept Saniya Chong instead. Wtf were they thinking? Philips will be a great pick up for any team.
Who expected that? Chong was a bench warmer almost her entire career and ends up with a WNBA contract. Guess it shows the power of the uconn brand and will help recruit anyone who is interested in playing in the WNBA, like they need the help.

I think they kept Chong to save money. They have 4 rookies making the roster, which I would think is rare. But I'd be worried if I were a borderline guard on another team. Phillips is too good a player to pass on unless you are pinching pennies.

On a side note, Atlanta waived a pair of players today, so it looks like Meighan Simmons will make the final roster. Big opportunity to shine on a team that lacks scorers.

Dallas waived Erin Philips. She was their team captain, a decade-long WNBA veteran, a starter on 2 championship teams, a star of the Australian national team, and led the league in 3 pt shooting a few years back. And they kept Saniya Chong instead. Wtf were they thinking? Philips will be a great pick up for any team.

They also missed out on their chances to have Liz Cambage play for them next summer. Because of Phillips she was going to come and watch Dallas play this summer and join the team next season (Phillips is a fellow Olympic teammate of hers). I don't see her coming now.

It could be a money thing but then again she (Chong) is the type of guard that Fred Williams likes, Had Kaela Davis not entered in the draft, Phillips would still be on the team (imo). Davis was the player they didn't expect to get, they were eyeing Chong all along though.

Reactions: 2 people
I think they kept Chong to save money. They have 4 rookies making the roster, which I would think is rare. But I'd be worried if I were a borderline guard on another team. Phillips is too good a player to pass on unless you are pinching pennies.

On a side note, Atlanta waived a pair of players today, so it looks like Meighan Simmons will make the final roster. Big opportunity to shine on a team that lacks scorers.

Don't be surprised if Phillips lands in Phoenix and plays under former Aussie teammates (Penny Taylor) and Coach (Sandy Brondello) I also thinks this helps Phoenix land Cambage in a trade with Dallas for Brittany Griner.

Griner and 1st round pick to Dallas for the right to Liz Cambage and Glory Johnson (the irony that Johnson is traded for her former wife)

It looks like Cierra has made the Liberty.

Not surprised. She looked good in preseason. Tanisha Wright is sitting out the season, so Cierra has a real opportunity to slide in as a jack-of-all trades wing for the Liberty.

VN Store

Back