Holly

Looks like she Distincted herself.
You mean she took a shower? (On Edit: Not meant as a knock on Holly. Just an attempt at humor on the word Distincted).

Congratulations to her. (On edit: Not coupled with the 1st sentence. I truly meant it to be a congrat to Holly. It would have been nice to read the text of the speech at the luncheon at which Holly was honored so we could know what she did to be selected for the award.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
some people are just naturally mean spirited and live for demeaning and degrading others. they really must have sad and miserable daily living.

Reactions: 12 people
What did she do?

"Since 1993, a Tennessee Woman of Distinction recipient has been honored for her years of distinguished leadership, volunteer activities, philanthropic work or professional accomplishments that have contributed to improving the quality of life in Tennessee."

It's probably for coaching the beloved Lady Vols and for her years of charity work, esp fund raising for breast cancer awareness.

Reactions: 4 people
some people are just naturally mean spirited and live for demeaning and degrading others. they really must have sad and miserable daily living.

I figured that most of these ppl that always want to start something when there's nothing going on May not be vols fan.

"Since 1993, a Tennessee Woman of Distinction recipient has been honored for her years of distinguished leadership, volunteer activities, philanthropic work or professional accomplishments that have contributed to improving the quality of life in Tennessee."

It's probably for coaching the beloved Lady Vols and for her years of charity work, esp fund raising for breast cancer awareness.

Congratulations to CHW. I've read from time to time that she travels on her Harley for charity work. She's been commended for that and rightfully so.

But probably for her coaching is not the reason why she got that award. So don't make stuff up to put Holly under a good ight that she doesn't deserve. :eek:k:

Thanks and GoLadyVols!

Last edited:
Congratulations to CHW. I've read from time to time that she travels on her Harley for charity work. She's been commended for that and rightfully so.

But probably for her coaching is not the reason why she got that award. So don't make stuff up to put Holly under a good ight that she doesn't deserve. :eek:k:

Thanks and GoLadyVols!

Who made up what ?!?

Reactions: 3 people
I believe that Holly is a good person and I can see her being dedicated to others. It is not all about coaching and basketball. I think that Holly should be congratulated for her work in the community and allegiance to the Lady Vols.

Reactions: 8 people

The Woman of Distinction award began in 1985 when Loveman's, a Tennessee-based department store chain, started to recognize women in Chattanooga for their style, Sexton said, initially calling the award, Chattanooga's Best Dressed Women. Former Times Publisher Ruth Holmberg and local philanthropist, Elizabeth Lupton Davenport were among the earliest women to be awarded the honor.

Sooooo, Holly is the Best Dressed Women...who knew!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

The Woman of Distinction award began in 1985 when Loveman's, a Tennessee-based department store chain, started to recognize women in Chattanooga for their style, Sexton said, initially calling the award, Chattanooga's Best Dressed Women. Former Times Publisher Ruth Holmberg and local philanthropist, Elizabeth Lupton Davenport were among the earliest women to be awarded the honor.

Sooooo, Holly is the Best Dressed Women...who knew!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

you gotta be kidding

Be glad Hillary--or anyone with even the most rudimentary fashion sense-- doesn't comment on the attire of Southern men. "Gosh, ma, have you seen my tank top?"

Your overt hatred of the South and especially Southern men diminishes the credibility of your posts. Sometimes you can make a good observation, so would you try to bury your hatred? It would make it more pleasant to focus on what you say rather than dismissing you as someone whose agenda frequently overrides your brain.

Flame away, but seriously, not being hateful, it's just I believe you could do so much better.

Reactions: 9 people
Your overt hatred of the South and especially Southern men diminishes the credibility of your posts. Sometimes you can make a good observation, so would you try to bury your hatred? It would make it more pleasant to focus on what you say rather than dismissing you as someone whose agenda frequently overrides your brain.

Flame away, but seriously, not being hateful, it's just I believe you could do so much better.

SV you are so eloquent and ladylike in your calling out of people. I wish I could be more that way.

Armchair is a hater...period. Spews nothing but hate and negativity. Constantly bashing the south on here. Wonder why he/she even follows the Lady Vols being we are a southern state.

Now let me get off here because my BP is getting up and I'm trying not to cuss on here. 😁

Reactions: 6 people
SV you are so eloquent and ladylike in your calling out of people. I wish I could be more that way.

Now let me get off here because my BP is getting up and I'm trying not to cuss on here. 😁

I try:angel::).
:wink:

And watch that BP:eek:hmy:.

Armchair is a hater...period. Spews nothing but hate and negativity. Constantly bashing the south on here. Wonder why he/she even follows the Lady Vols being we are a southern state.

a-discarded-blue-leather-chair-sitting-in-the-woods-surrounded-by-c0gbad.jpg

I don't hate Warlick or the South. Rather, I dislike southern attitudes, southern politics, and I dislike ignorant or uninformed comments. Hey, I went to UT, but I also went on to grad school in NYC and lived and worked there for more than 20 years, thankfully. When people take little shots at progressives or Clinton or whatever, I respond. It is important to note that my comments are //in response// to the comments of others--but perhaps because mine can be more cutting I get flack. So be it. I was actually defending, in a way, Warlick's penchant for dressing like Hillary Clinton (if in fact she does).

Also, I don't hate Warlick, I just dislike her intensely has a coach because she was not qualified to get the job and is not a good coach. She is not worthy of coaching a program of this caliber--and yet we must keep on with her while Geno motors down Championship Road with his Huskies. We must eat his dust. And yet there are those who still want to give HW the benefit of the doubt because she was a friend of Summitt's and has been at UT forever, as if those facts are relevant. They aren't. The program was floundering a bit when she took over and its only gotten worse--much worse-- since. What am I supposed to do--pretend the program is thriving under her sharp and astute leadership? If a coach with HW's background and record was coaching an equivalent program on the men's side--UNC, Kansas, Kentucky--he'd have been run out of town long ago.

I was the first person, by the way, to point out the offensive problems that have absolutely plagued this program for 15 years--back before this board even existed and everyone was on what is now the Scout board, I believe. I used to regularly irritate Maria Cornelius, who ran the Lady Vol board and was the biggest Summitt acolyte alive except for Holly Warlick. Years ago, I watched UT win ugly game after game with Summit. I knew our crap offense would catch up with us. Nobody paid attention--Scout posters didn't like my criticism of the offense. Cornelius wanted everyone to be extremely respectful at all times to the giant who was Summitt. What happened: the problem never got fixed, our offense suxed, Geno and the Huskies came along, played a MUCH better brand of basketball than we did, and the rest is history. He's got a Ferrari program and we're a Chevy--even with our talent. I'm a huge fan of the program--but the coaches have failed for MANY years to fix the problems, and that can turn one a bit negative, especially when you're losing 26 games in two years. We've not been very smart.

Reactions: 15 people
I don't hate Warlick or the South. Rather, I dislike southern attitudes.

I like that you feel so enlightened now. *Angels sing*

I dislike Northern attitudes... especially those where Northerners are smugly convinced they're right when really they've just accepted pompous as a disguise for ignorance.

If you've been anti-Summitt for 15 years, it's time to find a new team because you were never a fan of this one anyway.

Reactions: 11 people

I dislike Northern attitudes... especially those where Northerners are smugly convinced they're right when really they've just accepted pompous as a disguise for ignorance.

If you've been anti-Summitt for 15 years, it's time to find a new team because you were never a fan of this one anyway.

FACTS on the Summitt part.

Reactions: 2 people

Boom. 💣💥 This. 💯

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back