Mompremier transferring from Baylor

volmania8

With Middleton transferring out, we would have one extra scholarship correct? Wonder if she would be interested? 6'4; 8.3 ppg; 6.5 rpg. Thoughts?

With Middleton transferring out, we would have one extra scholarship correct? Wonder if she would be interested? 6'4; 8.3 ppg; 6.5 rpg. Thoughts?

She wants to be closer to home! Knoxville is not close to Miami. She could come here whether Middleton was here or not as she would have to sit out a year and Middleton would have been gone after her red shirt year!!!

You're thinking of the men's game where scholarships are limited to 13. The women still have 15.

Jim

Would b nice pick up for us...were we on her short list from high school

She is considering us, FSU, Miami, and ND.

We have a chance.

Miami would certainly be closest!
FSU is @500 miles and a seven hour drive.
UT is double at 13 hours and 880 miles drive!
ND 1300 miles and 20 hour drive!

If she wants to be close to home? Does anyone other than Miami really have a shot??

Last edited:

If she wants to be close to home? Does anyone other than Miami really have a shot??

I think FSU is a permanent home and home with UM so her parents could for sure drive right around the corner once a year to watch their daughter play and then maybe make a few trips up to Tallahassee to see her play during the year. That would also give her space but the comfort of having her parents around...ND is also in the ACC but I don't think they have the home with UM. If academics are top of her list this is where she may end up. Maybe the distance thing was just an underlying reason. Tennessee is about 12-13 hour drive but she had a really good relationship with holly and crew but got swayed by her friendship with Kalani Brown which ended up getting more touches and shine at BU. I guess we will see in a few weeks were she ends up but her coach said she hadn't interest in Tenn while not being sure of FSU, UM, and ND being possibilities. TN was the only one for sure that the coach new that she had interest in and the interest was mutual.

Reactions: 1 person

Exactly, I think its more to the story than Baylor is releasing especially the way they announced her transfer, I don't see her fitting in with what ND does, if she goes to florida state she wont get many touches as they are more of a perimeter oriented team, so i would say it would be us & Miami (I wonder if her & Davis have a relationship/crossed paths on the circuit)

Exactly, I think its more to the story than Baylor is releasing especially the way they announced her transfer, I don't see her fitting in with what ND does, if she goes to florida state she wont get many touches as they are more of a perimeter oriented team, so i would say it would be us & Miami (I wonder if her & Davis have a relationship/crossed paths on the circuit)

Several posters have referred to how Baylor announced her her transfer. What's the issue there? I've not seen it, but isn't an announcement an announcement? She's leaving; what more is there to say? I mean Lex is leaving too and how did we announce that?

Just hope they both land in places where they are happy, especially our Lex🍊🔶.

Would it be stupid of me to say pass? I'm holding out hope that there's another high big leaving in the next week or two that we would want. Especially, now when you think there's no way that player is leaving her school and she ends up leaving anyway, it's been so unpredictable.

I think the closer to home thing was a political statement we were her final two hope she choose us would give us a breath of relief for 2018 post if we strike out

Samuel Baumgarten, Mompremier's coach at Miami (Fla.) Senior High, said Friday that UT is one of four schools under consideration by the 6-foot-4 women's basketball post player. Baumgarten said the Lady Vols have been in contact with him since news of Mompremier's transfer broke this week. Baumgarten said Mompremier has a release from Baylor. She will have two seasons of eligibility remaining after sitting out a season, per transfer rules.
http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/womens-basketball/2017/04/22/baylor-transfer-beatrice-mompremier-interested-lady-vols/100760182/

Even if we get the "big" post in 2018...Russell and Nared will be gone. Someone with experience will be a huge get too. She will be a junior and we will have a sophmore KK at the post and Green...who hasn't played and still is recovering...not all players are 100 percent coming back. We have huge needs for transfers to shine in 2018 as juniors or Seniors. She could play the 4 or the 5. If we are going to be up tempo we need 2 at the 5 and the 4...that is 4 solid players we need there in 2018. Come on down...we need you. I think it would really be a favorable recruiting tool to get "O" in 2018

Can you imagine 2 girls 6-4 and up at the 4 and 5 and 3 guards...and 2 more same size coming in who are freshman or sophomores? That is a dream line up

Last edited:
That'll leave what one scholarship for the 2018 class, because Idk if we get more or should take more than four in this class. We're still in the top for a lot of kids.

Even if we get the "big" post in 2018...Russell and Nared will be gone. Someone with experience will be a huge get too. She will be a junior and we will have a sophmore KK at the post and Green...who hasn't played and still is recovering...not all players are 100 percent coming back. We have huge needs for transfers to shine in 2018 as juniors or Seniors. She could play the 4 or the 5. If we are going to be up tempo we need 2 at the 5 and the 4...that is 4 solid players we need there in 2018. Come on down...we need you. I think it would really be a favorable recruiting tool to get "O" in 2018

Can you imagine 2 girls 6-4 and up at the 4 and 5 and 3 guards...and 2 more same size coming in who are freshman or sophomores? That is a dream line up

does NOT give you a dream lineup. A dream lineup is having 5 good players. Is KK going to be good? That's a major question. You need athleticism, regardless of size, and some skills to go with athleticism.

does NOT give you a dream lineup. A dream lineup is having 5 good players. Is KK going to be good? That's a major question. You need athleticism, regardless of size, and some skills to go with athleticism.

U don't need to be asking if a player will be good. "A good player will be born,and will be carry & deliver by a great coach".

That'll leave what one scholarship for the 2018 class, because Idk if we get more or should take more than four in this class. We're still in the top for a lot of kids.

If nothing changes... for 2018 we will have 10 players and that is counting the two verbals (Jasmine & Collins) so we can take up to five more players for 2018!!! Transfer or new recruits. We will have Green and MeMe leaving after 2018.

Players under consideration:
Ododa
Williams
Nicoletti
Decosta
Scott-Grayson ??
Balogun
Jordan Nixon ??
Amaya Brown ??

Last edited:
We are not taking 5more players holly wants to keep it at 12 to 11 which is smart to avoid a lot of transfers

If nothing changes... for 2018 we will have 10 players and that is counting the two verbals (Jasmine & Collins) so we can take up to five more players for 2018!!! Transfer or new recruits. We will have Green and MeMe leaving after 2018.

Players under consideration:
Ododa
Williams
Nicoletti
Decosta
Scott-Grayson ??
Balogun
Jordan Nixon ??
Amaya Brown ??
And Te'a could also leave for the WNBA draft after 2018

VN Store

Back