Where is Alexa headed? [Alexa Middleton leaving team]

I second that. Although Tennessee Tech and WKU would be close options too.

Well I said all the good things Holly said about Alexa and I agree top to bottom. I also said and she must now realize herself that she would not see significant playing time on this team in the future. Some stated emphatically that she would start and average over 20 minutes a game. I did not see it happening that way but I hope she made the right decision for herself. I would have loved to have been wrong but it is what it is. Jackson just got a few more minutes but not many and Harris is anchoring the bench IMHO!

Reactions: 2 people
No mention of where she is headed but here is the story.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/breakingnews/story/2017/apr/21/breaking-alexa-middleton-transferring-lady-vols/424134/

I guess not getting the minutes she got in the previous season was certainly the main factor. Still surprised that with only one season to play she decided to transfer.

Only one year of eligibility left!! Talk about reading the writing on the wall. To much embarrassment to let a freshman take her minutes?

Some thought she would get at least 20 minutes a game! I expected MeMe to consider only because of her two years left ???

Maybe she graduated and can play next year??? But if not she will have to sit out a year??

I hope she gets lots of playing time wherever she goes. I understand wanting to be in the game.

I hope an incoming player replaces her more productively.

Reactions: 1 person
I cant believe Dribbleton is transferring. I thought she would still get plenty of playing time this year. Good luck to her wherever she lands.

I am pretty surprised she always seemed so into the game even when on the bench but if you know you aren't going to be able to give your all next season might as well find some place else to land where you know you will.

I told ya'll Holly was looking to run people off.

Maybe this helps us with recruits? More playing time for 2018 recruits and the potential to play with number one class of 2017!!!

This leaves us with 10 players for 2018.

Sorry Middleton would have been gone 2018 anyway. Her leaving only means the Freshmen will play more!

Last edited:
On the bright side, this will create a solid 3 guard rotation (cooper, Westbrook,Hayes). On the bad side, cooper hasnt played in a year and the other two are freshmen. However, the 3 are naturally more gifted than Middleton, so this creates more "in game" development for them. Hopefully, the three will develop like Harris did at SC.

I hate to see her go, I hope she goes to UT-Chattanooga she would fit in with this team and she would get at least 30 minutes a game. I believe she give her all to Tennessee but just a little slow of foot for the SEC.

Reactions: 6 people
On the bright side, this will create a solid 3 guard rotation (cooper, Westbrook,Hayes). On the bad side, cooper hasnt played in a year and the other two are freshmen. However, the 3 are naturally more gifted than Middleton, so this creates more "in game" development for them. Hopefully, the three will develop like Harris did at SC.

Green would give us more bigs with MR or Westbrook for more of an outside game! I don't think Holly plays Tea and Hayes at same time ???? Just my opinion...

Holly run people off? Warlick needs to be run off.

Middleton should have been our point guard. She was a better player than Reynolds, who was at best a mediocre point guard and never improved--never really became a difference-maker, as Phil Fulmer liked to say. Middleton, I will add, was also our best three -point shooter. Her three-point shooting percentage was good, borderline very good--and she should have shot more threes. Now the Vols are left with 1 three-point shooter, and that is not at all good because we, as a team, should be taking and making more threes: That is what good teams do these days. It's not 1980 anymore. This, as far as I'm concerned, is just another indictment of Warlick.

Reactions: 6 people
Green would give us more bigs with MR or Westbrook for more of an outside game! I don't think Holly plays Tea and Hayes at same time ???? Just my opinion...

Ive never seen any kind of higlights of green so i never add her into the starting lineup (doesn't mean she wont). Plus Holly said Green was still recovering but cooper was further along... what exactly that means lol idk
But i can see (Russell,Nared,Deshields,Cooper, and Westbrook)

Only one year of eligibility left!! Talk about reading the writing on the wall. To much embarrassment to let a freshman take her minutes?

Some thought she would get at least 20 minutes a game! I expected MeMe to consider only because of her two years left ???

Maybe she graduated and can play next year??? But if not she will have to sit out a year??

will be a dependable three-point shooter this year? Answer: probably none of them. Make no mistake, this is a blow to the team. One of the many reasons we sux is that we don't take or make enough threes. They are a big part of the game. That is the STRENGTH of UConn--why they are an offensive juggernaut. Meanwhile, we keep trying to force the ball inside to our big and commit turnovers. We had only two dependable 3-point shooters, and Middleton was one of them. We are now down to one--not good.

Alexa turned the ball over way to much and was very shaky sometimes on defense. Yes, she hit some threes, but mainly against the cupcakes. I just got the sense she played too conservatively and passed up a bunch of wide open perimeter shots, especially in the bigger games. All in all, im sure she saw the writing on the wall and wants to go out playing somewhere getting 30 plus minutes a game, and i dont blame her..good luck to her though

Reactions: 4 people
holly is not running ppl off if anybody knows her knows that is not it, but middletomn knows she was not going to play this year really

mideelton was a no show against the bigger com. Lets face it , she exploded against the cupcakes . That is not when holly needs players to show up

mideelton was a no show against the bigger com. Lets face it , she exploded against the cupcakes . That is not when holly needs players to show up

At least Alexa showed up against the cupcakes, which can't be said for a lot of the team considering how many times they lost to cupcakes these past two seasons.

It's not an insurmountable loss, but Tennessee will miss Alexa next season.

Reactions: 7 people
Alexa is finally free!!!! She will be able to play her game watch and see! Side note I'm surprised Harris and Dunbar have not yet transferred

Last edited:

VN Store

Back