Way-Too-Early Top 25 for 2017-18 presented by ESPN

jwhite9

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-...huskies-back-top-way-too-early-top-25-2017-18

They have the Lady Vols coming in at #8. Was looking at us being around the 10 to 15 range. Guess they are looking at talent we have on the roster. Just hope Holly is ready this upcoming season.

Stated by ESPN... "Diamond DeShields said she came back to Tennessee for her senior year to play alongside and help mentor what most believe is the best recruiting class in the country, a group that includes top-20 signees guards Evina Westbrook and Anastasia Hayes and wing Rennia Davis. They join DeShields and veterans Mercedes Russell, Jaime Nared and Alexa Middleton. This could be a make-or-break year in Knoxville, Tennessee."

Last edited:
"This could be a make-or-break year in Knoxville, Tennessee."

That's an understatement if ever there was one.

Reactions: 3 people
That list is terrible, how is Baylor at 2 with all the key pieces they lost? & how is Ohio state at 3 their defense is terrible & that offense is very mediocre. Tennessee could easily be top 2 because they didn't lose any key pieces & they will bring in the #1 recruiting class. The return of te'a cooper & cheridene green will be huge.

Reactions: 4 people
That list is terrible, how is Baylor at 2 with all the key pieces they lost? & how is Ohio state at 3 their defense is terrible & that offense is very mediocre. Tennessee could easily be top 2 because they didn't lose any key pieces & they will bring in the #1 recruiting class. The return of te'a cooper & cheridene green will be huge.

How would UT be the #2 team in the country? UConn returns all its players and add huge transfers. Miss St returns all its key players. Texas returns its starting five and adds Boothe and Patterson. Oregon is still going to be good.

Reactions: 1 person

How quickly you forget. Holly is the coach that's why the LVs are at nr. 8. :crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
I don't agree with Baylor or Ohio State being where they are even though they do have an excellent post game. SC a little surprising as well as they are losing a lot much more than Miss St.
I'm thinking if we can get some decent play out of the PG and other starting position to help the Big three we can compete with anybody. Whether we can or not is the determining factor for next season.

Same thought here. Don't know why Miss State isn't even in the top 5? Wonder who ranks these guys. LOL

How would UT be the #2 team in the country? UConn returns all its players and add huge transfers. Miss St returns all its key players. Texas returns its starting five and adds Boothe and Patterson. Oregon is still going to be good.

Uconn has a lot of talent but so does Tennessee, Miss st lost 2 starters & they loss by 20 to the lady vols in the last meeting, Texas lost their starting center Kelsey Lang & I think they were overrated. If they weren't so inconsistent the last couples of years they would easily be the #1 or #2 team in the preseason ranking just based on the roster..... oh yeah & holly is still the coach.

I think they should just be focused on staying in the Top 25 for the whole season. Who cares where. Let's get some consistency back and just stay in the Top 25 from start to finish.

#8 is a reasonable ranking for the end of next season, but no way will (nor should) they start the season in the top 10. They were an unranked team that lost in the 1R of the SECT and the 2R of the NCAAT and will be largely the same team next year with a different PG and a bench of freshmen, albeit highly regarded ones.

They should have to earn their way back into the rankings instead of being gifted a spot before the freshmen have even proven they can play at the collegiate level.

Reactions: 3 people
Uconn will be pretty stacked with a pretty strong frontcourt adding all those transfers.

I am pleased with our ranking. We still have much to prove.
I really hope Green get be a banger inside for us. And Te'a comes back strong & smart with the ball. Te'a definitely has the talent!

Westbrook should come right in and be able to contribute right away. Not sure about KK and her conditioning. Anastasia will get play, she seems ready, I hope Rennia can adjust to the college game.

So excited for the upcoming season! Can't wait

Lol yeah I totally forgot about that. Hopefully she doesn't destroy this team.

I know the feeling. After 26 losses in two seasons with CHW "I don't know' presser interviews my excitement for what the future holds for our beloved Lady Vols has hit rock bottom. There's just no way to get around it.

Now mind you I can get excited again for the team but I'm taking a wait & see approach.

All because of CHW. :nono:

I think they should just be focused on staying in the Top 25 for the whole season. Who cares where. Let's get some consistency back and just stay in the Top 25 from start to finish.

I know what you're a doin ...
giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Uconn is team to beat Texas will be there and TN should as well. Their roster is stacked and there is no reason not to win SEC and be in Final 4. NONE! Holly knows this as well.

VN Store

Back