Congrats Shaquilla Nunn

mlindsay

Drafted by San Antonio in the 3rd round and has a really good chance of making the roster as their Post Positions are wide open

Reactions: 4 people
Drafted by San Antonio in the 3rd round and has a really good chance of making the roster as their Post Positions are wide open

And Shaquilla could be their answer.

If she makes the team we all shall see if Nunn will be coached up and become a big time player.

Congrats to Shaqi! What a happy surprise!

GOLadyVols!:)

There are a few players that surprised us by being selected or at least how high they were selected (Jordan, Shaquilla Nunn & Shaniya Chong) and then there are players who wasn't drafted.

Makes you kind of wonder if these players were drafted because of the schools they come from or their abilities. I am beyond excited that Nunn and Reynolds were selected but a few players that didn't get drafted truly sticks out to me I will list those players and wonder others thoughts on what they thought about the draft.

The players are;

Jessica Jackson from Arkansas
Ronnie Williams from Florida
Nina Davis from Baylor
Precious Hall from James Madison
Karlie Samuelson from Stanford

There are a few players that surprised us by being selected or at least how high they were selected (Jordan, Shaquilla Nunn & Shaniya Chong) and then there are players who wasn't drafted.

Makes you kind of wonder if these players were drafted because of the schools they come from or their abilities. I am beyond excited that Nunn and Reynolds were selected but a few players that didn't get drafted truly sticks out to me I will list those players and wonder others thoughts on what they thought about the draft.

The players are;

Nina Davis from Baylor

Ronni Williams was 22nd pick wasn't she?

Reactions: 1 person

The players are;

Nina Davis from Baylor

Williams is the only player from that list drafted.

Shocked that Nina Davis didn't get chosen. Playing in the post her entire college career did not help her as she was just undersized. She'll have to reinvent her game by having an outside shot - midrange and 3pt.

Williams is the only player from that list drafted.

Shocked that Nina Davis didn't get chosen. Playing in the post her entire college career did not help her as she was just undersized. She'll have to reinvent her game by having an outside shot - midrange and 3pt.

She's going to a LA Sparks camp.

The players are;

Nina Davis from Baylor

IMO, Karlie does not have the speed or athleticism to play in the WNBA. I don't think she even expected her name to be called. Nina does, but she was failed by her coaching staff who let her do what she does best as a collegiate player, but didn't give her the skills she needed to transition to the WNBA. Maybe I'm surprised that no one gambled on her with a 3rd round pick, but she had no WNBA future with that funky jump shot and playing post with a guard's body.

I'm amazed that Precious Hall and Jessica Jackson didn't get picked.

What surprised me was Mikala Epps not going till 33rd. Both our girls were ahead of her.

Either Jordan had a great combine (does the WNBA have those?), Makayla had a terrible one, or both. Good for Jordan, but Makayla is a better player on both sides of the ball. Chicago made out like a bandit this draft with Makayla, Tori, Alaina and Chantel (if they are interested in the project). All of their draft picks could very well make the final roster.

And Shaquilla could be their answer.

If she makes the team we all shall see if Nunn will be coached up and become a big time player.

Congrats to Shaqi! What a happy surprise!

GOLadyVols!:)

She'll need to have a great camp, because San Antonio is loaded with post players.

Isabelle Harrison
Kayla Alexander
Adut Bulgak
Dearica Hamby
Vicky Baugh
Erica Desouza
Clarisa Dos Santos
Haley Peters

Izzy and Dearica are shoe-ins, so it's a free for all for the rest of them.

The players are;

Nina Davis from Baylor

very shocked about Nina..:thud:.she's been a steady force in the ncaa from day one...i know her size for her position may be small for the WNBA, but her heart and will speaks volumes:clapping: i think she'll make a team at someones invite

CONGRATS!! Qui...you showed us a few sparks this year...now go and light it up...LVFL:pepper:

It's nice that she was drafted, but in reality, very few 3rd rounders make a roster.

They already have 5 Centers. I know that Appel is gone, but, hat do you mean by wide open?

To top it off, I see they have Qui listed as a Forward.
What's up with that?

It would be ironic if she made the roster at the expense of Izzy or Baugh.

It's nice that she was drafted, but in reality, very few 3rd rounders make a roster.

They already have 5 Centers. I know that Appel is gone, but, hat do you mean by wide open?

To top it off, I see they have Qui listed as a Forward.
What's up with that?

It would be ironic if she made the roster at the expense of Izzy or Baugh.

They have 5 Centers and only 2 was on the team at the end of last season (Baugh for the last 2 games) and Alexander the other 3 were additions this year Izzy and Nunn are both 4s and the other 4 they drafted had a baby near the end of last season and is not ready to return and because she would be on a rookie deal the team might elect to keep her over a 4 to 5 year vet that they would have to pay, lastly she is not overseas so she gets a headstart remember this is a first time GM & first time Head Coach therefore they have no loyalty to anyone

They have 5 Centers and only 2 was on the team at the end of last season (Baugh for the last 2 games) and Alexander the other 3 were additions this year Izzy and Nunn are both 4s and the other 4 they drafted had a baby near the end of last season and is not ready to return and because she would be on a rookie deal the team might elect to keep her over a 4 to 5 year vet that they would have to pay, lastly she is not overseas so she gets a headstart remember this is a first time GM & first time Head Coach therefore they have no loyalty to anyone
Thanks.

I will be totally surprised if Nunn makes any WNBA roster. I truly hope she does but I don't see it at all.

The players are;

Nina Davis from Baylor

Surprised about Nina Davis.

VN Store

Back