Rennia Davis ............15...170
Kasiyahna Kushkituah..10...180
Cheridene Green.........10...190
Alexa Middleton...........10...200
Kortney Dunbar?
Kamera Harris?
Meme Jackson?

Reactions: 1 person
The freshmen are getting significant minutes even though they have not spent one minute in practice yet...

I think MeMe will get PT & yes Green will get more mins than that as well.

Well not to be blasphemous, but Pat also publicly promised Massengale the starting PG spot as a HS senior one never knows before they hit the court

When you see a kid in high school that is better than anyone you have on your team....why not say it !!!!

what they did in High school is history, what they do in preparation will determine if they play.

I expect Middleton and Jackson to improve greatly this summer, just from knowing they have competition coming.

Reactions: 2 people
When you see a kid in high school that is better than anyone you have on your team....why not say it !!!!

I remember it was unusual at the time, because she said publicly that her guards were not playing up to par, and "next year" they will get the opportunity to see what proper guard play looked like....

This is not usually said of a current player(s) or especially a recruit.

That's about 3-4 minutes less per game for each of the big 3 with the minutes spread over 10 players. I think DD MR & Nared will want more minutes, not less. It's their last year to show what they have.

Next year will be Holly's most challenging to date. She will have to find a way to keep so many players happy and at the same time develop an effective offensive system. She will also have to give the underclassmen enough experience to overcome the six person loss at the end of the year. It will be her big chance to prove herself.

With six seniors and 4 McD AAs graduating next year, that's a lot of experience and skill leaving. This coming year is the year to go all the way.

That's about 3-4 minutes less per game for each of the big 3 with the minutes spread over 10 players. I think DD MR & Nared will want more minutes, not less. It's their last year to show what they have.

Next year will be Holly's most challenging to date. She will have to find a way to keep so many players happy and at the same time develop an effective offensive system. She will also have to give the underclassmen enough experience to overcome the six person loss at the end of the year. It will be her big chance to prove herself.

With six seniors and 4 McD AAs graduating next year, that's a lot of experience and skill leaving. This coming year is the year to go all the way.

DeShields, Russell, Middleton, Dunbar, and Nared..... who is the sixth senior ?

Diamond DeShields....30
Jaime Nared.............30...60
Mercedes Russell ......30...90
Te'a Cooper...............25...115
Evina Westbrook ......20...135
Anastasia Hayes .......20...155
Rennia Davis ............15...170
Kasiyahna Kushkituah..10...180
Cheridene Green.........10...190
Alexa Middleton...........10...200
Kortney Dunbar?
Kamera Harris?
Meme Jackson?

Those minutes suggest that you recommend we pound the paint big time!!

Some games Diamond, Jaime and Mercedes will get over 30 minutes a games and in several it could only be twenty depending on who we play and how much of a lead we get. Overall I would expect the big three to average somewhere between 25 to 30 per game for the entire season. I don't expect the three of them to average over 90 like they did this year but even if they get to 90 still 110 minutes someone has to play and I expect about 5 to 6 players to get most of them so that is at least 15 to 20 minutes for most of the other top 6 players.
We'll play everybody in games that we can early and when SEC rolls around expect that to fall to about 9 players. If Holly is paying attention she will determine who these players should be in the first 10 to 12 games of the season.

In the big games the big three will play big minutes but with the games we should win they won't or should not have to play as much like 23 minutes which should allow freshman and others to get it and be happy if everyone comes to play and blow ppl out everyone should get minutes

The way I would break it down right now not even knowing who will progress over the summer or look great in training camp.

Diamond 29 some foul trouble
Mercedes 25 will be able to rest five or six minutes couple times a game and also rest in blowouts.
Jaime 25 she will get in foul trouble in several games she always does.
Green 20
Cooper 23
Westbrook 20
Middleton 15
Jackson 9
Hayes 11
Davis 10
Dunbar 3
KK 8
Harris 2

Jackson will have to be vastly improved to get to double digit minutes played. I suspect she will be the backup to Nared but expect Davis to get as many minutes after she gets accustomed to the speed of the game and how much intensity you have to play with compared to high school ball. No doubt in my mine Westbrook will get close to twenty minutes she does so many things well and is already a very good defender.
I really don't know what to expect of Dunbar or Harris they could be vastly improved or the same player. If they are about the same pine time is in their future.

Holly Warlick said they will play a lot.

We all know that if Holly says it is so, so it will be. I suggest we wait and see how the season plays out. Yes, I know it is a projection for discussion.

A lot depends upon the rookies' acclimation to the Lady Vol system and the college game. I hope that these rookies create an air of completion where the vets challenge each other and the rookies, for playing time. Last year's short bench did little to create true competition for playing time. In many ways I believe this attributed to playing inconsistencies from one game to another.

and lauren Avant promptly transferred too. Pat messed up. :(

Didn't Avant transfer to be closer to her mother because she (her mother) had cancer? I believe she transferred to a D2 school and had quite a career. It was in many ways like Della Donne's transfer from UCONN to the University of Delaware. Delle Donne's sister was disabled and she wanted to play closer to home.

Since this thread is just conjecture and only I have the crystal ball you can be assured that no player will play 40 minutes in 2017-18; however Nared did play 42 minutes in the double overtime game against Notre Dame on Jan 3, 2018.

Avant left because Pat told her that an incoming freshman was the heir apparent at pg.

I don't blame her but wish she had stayed and fought for playing time since that freshman turned out not so great.

VN Store

Back