Lady Vols Report 4/6/17

I tuned in, hoping that Warlick would be announcing her resignation. Nope! If you want to know why we sux at women's BB these days, listen to a Warlick presser. She talks a lot and says absolutely nothing---it's all generic, 3rd grade blather. She rambles, losing mental focus about the topic, and NEVER makes an incisive comment about the team or about what, specifically, a player needs to work on, or anything. She went on about transfers for 5+ minutes and said nothing. You can count on her making general comments about the players needing to get in the gym and get better--wow, now that's interesting, coach!

It doesn't help that the reporters--especially Dan Fleser of the KNS--are always asking lightweight questions. You'd think that somebody would have asked how the Vols could have beaten three Final Four teams, two at their place--and yet finished with 13 loses, out of the top 25 and got knocked out of the NCAA tourney in the second round. How does that happen? Nobody asked it. Of course, you wouldn't have gotten a sharp answer out of Warlick; she would have hemmed and hawed and maybe mentioned "consistency" and that would have been the end of it. You'd think that after years of watching this team that Fleser might want to zero in on some of the persistent problems, but I get a sense he doesn't want to rock the boat or offend Warlick. One guy--sounded younger--did ask Warlick if this was an important year for her. She rambled, said she didn't worry about losing her job, just wanted the players to get better. Holly could skip every presser and the AD could just show one her sessions from the past and no one would know the difference.

Reactions: 8 people
She was giving her opinion on transfer no difference than geno it's true if you are in happy at tenn you should leave because it brings a bad energy to team but I think she wants everyone to stay but I would not be surprised if Dunbar left or Harris but I think holly wants everyone to stay if you know holly she would not push anyone out

Reactions: 4 people
Rambling on Holly. Ramble ON Holly Warlick.

Give the people what they want. Ramblings for days on end.

It's tragic knowing that Diamond, Mercedes, Jaime and the nr. 1 recruiting class will be coached by Holly 'Rambling' Warlick.

WE'RE DOOMED! :eek:k:

:thud::cray::crazy::no::stinker2::nono::stop:

I am curious what folks expected this presser to be be about or what Holly should have said?

I suppose a confession of failure and then impaling herself on a sword would have been well received by some, though I am sure there would have been criticisms about her choice of blouse.

I actually liked her answer which to paraphrase "I am not entering this season thinking that I better win a championship or I will lose my job. I'm thinking about how I can get this team better, more focused, more together...."

To T.J, I take it then you believe that Diamond and Mercedes are either masochists or just not very smart. They have played on national teams, seen lots of different coaches, and have obviously consulted with people in the know about their prospects. And they opted to come back under someone who you contend is the worst coach in the history of coaching.

I have no illusions that Holly is a great coach but I think she is more than competent. I am optimistic about next season. I think the LVs should break their final four slump and depending on how the freshman pan out, perhaps win the NC. If the LVs fall short of the SEC title and the Final four, then a coaching change may well be in the offing. Of course, that all presumes that the LVs will finally avoid being decimated by injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
UT coaches should just skip pressers. They have become no-win situations and few, if any, of our coaches are good at it.

Holly is not a competent coach. :ermm:

But she is our coach.:w00t:

GOLadyVols!:)

Holly can't seem to put two sentences together and give an answer we totally understand. I wish she had better communication skills that seems to be a huge drawback for her.

I hope she will be totally honest with players like Harris and Dunbar about their chances to play next season. I don't see a lot of minutes for either and she should tell them that and then they can determine if they are alright with being in that situation.

Reactions: 1 person
I tuned in, hoping that Warlick would be announcing her resignation. Nope! If you want to know why we sux at women's BB these days, listen to a Warlick presser. She talks a lot and says absolutely nothing---it's all generic, 3rd grade blather. She rambles, losing mental focus about the topic, and NEVER makes an incisive comment about the team or about what, specifically, a player needs to work on, or anything. She went on about transfers for 5+ minutes and said nothing. You can count on her making general comments about the players needing to get in the gym and get better--wow, now that's interesting, coach!

It doesn't help that the reporters--especially Dan Fleser of the KNS--are always asking lightweight questions. You'd think that somebody would have asked how the Vols could have beaten three Final Four teams, two at their place--and yet finished with 13 loses, out of the top 25 and got knocked out of the NCAA tourney in the second round. How does that happen? Nobody asked it. Of course, you wouldn't have gotten a sharp answer out of Warlick; she would have hemmed and hawed and maybe mentioned "consistency" and that would have been the end of it. You'd think that after years of watching this team that Fleser might want to zero in on some of the persistent problems, but I get a sense he doesn't want to rock the boat or offend Warlick. One guy--sounded younger--did ask Warlick if this was an important year for her. She rambled, said she didn't worry about losing her job, just wanted the players to get better. Holly could skip every presser and the AD could just show one her sessions from the past and no one would know the difference.

Hahaha, me too.

If the Lady Vols win the NCAA championship next season, will the Holly Haters give all the credit to the players or will she get some as well?

I should state that I really don't care who the coach is, I just want our team to get back to being a dominant program.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
If the Lady Vols win the NCAA championship next season, will the Holly Haters give all the credit to the players or will she get some as well?

That's a scenario that has zero chance of happening so it doesn't matter. See, championship caliber coaches win championships not blathering idiots like the one in Knoxville.

Reactions: 3 people
I am curious what folks expected this presser to be be about or what Holly should have said?

I suppose a confession of failure and then impaling herself on a sword would have been well received by some, though I am sure there would have been criticisms about her choice of blouse.

I actually liked her answer which to paraphrase "I am not entering this season thinking that I better win a championship or I will lose my job. I thinking about how I can get this team better, more focused, more together...."

To T.J, I take it then you believe that Diamond and Mercedes are masochists or just not very smart. They have played on national teams, seen lots of different coaches, and have obviously consulted with people in the know about their prospect. And they opted to come back under who you contend is the worst coach in the history of coaching.

I have no illusions that Holly is a great coach but I think she is more than competent. I am optimistic about next season. I think the LVs should break their final four slump and depending on how the freshman pan out, perhaps win the NC. If the LVs fall short of the SEC title and the Final four, then a coaching may well be in the offing. Of course, that all presumes that the LVs will finally avoid being decimated by injuries.

Boom. This.

And about being "decimated by injuries," .... Can we just wrap them in bubble wrap until the season starts? And no summer pick up games, dang it! Because I said so!

Go Holly and go Lady Vols!!! 💙🍊🏀

Reactions: 5 people
her comments about "Tn is not for everyone" and "you have to decide if you want to be here"

I think she was placing that comment to Nared and/or Meme.

her comments about "Tn is not for everyone" and "you have to decide if you want to be here"

I think she was placing that comment to Nared and/or Meme.

How did you get that? She didnt mention or hint at any players. Both seem to love UT.

VN Store

Back