Another set of transfers

VA_VOLFAN

Kiara Lewis and Tory Mccoy transferring! I think this may be the transfer post mtsu was referencing... she would be a huge get. I think she really wanted to come here and her parents helped her with that decision to go to OSU because they offered her sister. With mavunga and a couple other bigs maybe tori wants to take a year off to really get healthy and come to UT. I wonder if there is still mutual interest? I bet Kevin McGuff pulls that offer with Tori leaving...

Reactions: 1 person
Both were TN recruits... I guarantee Kiara prolly missed the boat on her chance when she would of received a lot of playing time with Te'a out...

We don't need a player that plays Kiara's position. McCoy might be someone we would consider since she could move right in to playing time after sitting out a season. I had much rather have the transfer from Nebraska but doubt were even in the running for her.

I just looked at the schools she originally had on her list and South Carolina was one. I bet SC would love to have her with Coates, Davis and Gray gone.

Can coaches initiate talks with transfers or does the transfer have to inititate or does it matter.

Maryland has spots open:)

I just looked at the schools she originally had on her list and South Carolina was one. I bet SC would love to have her with Coates, Davis and Gray gone.

Can coaches initiate talks with transfers or does the transfer have to inititate or does it matter.

Maryland has spots open:)

A release from the attending school has to be granted before a player can communicate with any schools or coaches, and vice versa.

SC will get some of them that's what they do . I doubt holly goes after them how do you leave after your first year . like huh no loyalty what is going on in Big Ten

Reactions: 2 people
Kiara Lewis and Tory Mccoy transferring! I think this may be the transfer post mtsu was referencing... she would be a huge get. I think she really wanted to come here and her parents helped her with that decision to go to OSU because they offered her sister. With mavunga and a couple other bigs maybe tori wants to take a year off to really get healthy and come to UT. I wonder if there is still mutual interest? I bet Kevin McGuff pulls that offer with Tori leaving...

Both Kiara & Tori were Lady Vol recruits. Kiara Lewis is a very good player and so is Tori. Kiara didn't get her due as a freshmen with big minutes but Tori did because of Stephanie Mavunga being injured.

Coach McGruff appears to be someone that can talk a good game luring a lot of quality players to Ohio State. But once they get there and see it's not what he claimed it would be they jettison out.

It's a long shot but it would be great to get Tori McCoy as a Lady Vol and the same goes for Kiara Lewis!:)

SC will get some of them that's what they do . I doubt holly goes after them how do you leave after your first year . like huh no loyalty what is going on in Big Ten

Loyalty to a fault. If I were a parent of Nia Moore, Kortney Dunbar or Kamera Harris I would had told them to transfer from Tennessee because of Holly being a terrible coach.

So I don't see anything wrong with players transferring their 1st year. Why wait around. Leave immediately if possible.

Both Kiara & Tori were Lady Vol recruits. Kiara Lewis is a very good player and so is Tori. Kiara didn't get her due as a freshmen with big minutes but Tori did because of Stephanie Mavunga being injured.

Coach McGruff appears to be someone that can talk a good game luring a lot of quality players to Ohio State. But once they get there and see it's not what he claimed it would be they jettison out.

It's a long shot but it would be great to get Tori McCoy as a Lady Vol and the same goes for Kiara Lewis!:)

Lewis missed her chance. No way she comes here or Holly even entertains it with the guards we have coming in.

I have been reading about the Nebraska transfer--6'4" forward Jessica Shepard. She's seems to be a big, corn-fed Nebraska girl with skills, though there are questions about her conditioning and her attitude. She had an excellent freshman season, thanks in part to playing with two guards, and put up good numbers last year, though her shooting percentage fell by 10 points and the Cornhuskers were bad. As a freshman she played for an established and fairly successful coach--but the coach was sacked after an investigation in her treatment of players and staff. One Nebraska fan says there are rumors that Shepard was one of the instigators, but who knows. They brought in a new coach from South Dakota who sounds like Warlick--over her head. Shepard changed high schools and club teams before getting to college, and some suggest that she's a bit of prima donna who's not been totally fit. For her part, it sounds like Shepard simply doesn't want to spend her last two years with a bad team--can't blame her. She sounds a bit like Russell--skilled but a player who maybe lumbers around the court. I suspect she will end up with a big program--and if she gets with a team that can move and passes the ball well, she will probably be a force.

Lewis missed her chance. No way she comes here or Holly even entertains it with the guards we have coming in.

But I would recruit Tori again. Once she gets to play Kasi would be a Junior and Cheredine a Senior and Amira Collins a freshman but she's more of a power forward.

I have been reading about the Nebraska transfer--6'4" forward Jessica Shepard. She's seems to be a big, corn-fed Nebraska girl with skills, though there are questions about her conditioning and her attitude. She had an excellent freshman season, thanks in part to playing with two guards, and put up good numbers last year, though her shooting percentage fell by 10 points and the Cornhuskers were bad. As a freshman she played for an established and fairly successful coach--but the coach was sacked after an investigation in her treatment of players and staff. One Nebraska fan says there are rumors that Shepard was one of the instigators, but who knows. They brought in a new coach from South Dakota who sounds like Warlick--over her head. Shepard changed high schools and club teams before getting to college, and some suggest that she's a bit of prima donna who's not been totally fit. For her part, it sounds like Shepard simply doesn't want to spend her last two years with a bad team--can't blame her. She sounds a bit like Russell--skilled but a player who maybe lumbers around the court. I suspect she will end up with a big program--and if she gets with a team that can move and passes the ball well, she will probably be a force.

armchair get with this thread it's all about Kiara & Tori.:eek:k:

p.s. just kidding! I think she'd fit right in with another Big Ten team like possibly Purdue or Minnesota.

Tori and our coaching staff had a very close relationship. I think our arms would be open to her. I also think she could be interested in South Carolina as well. I have a feeling she knows exactly where she wants to go at this point, it's just a matter of when it will be announced. Ohio state isn't all that much of a drive for her family so I don't think it's a distance thing for her. I can NOT see her going to Illinois/Purdue or ANY in-conference school.

The question is ... will OSU let her go where she wants to go?

Last edited:
Tori and our coaching staff had a very close relationship. I think our arms would be open to her. I also think she could be interested in South Carolina as well. I have a feeling she knows exactly where she wants to go at this point, it's just a matter of when it will be announced (and if OSU allows her to talk to them) Ohio state isn't all that much of a drive for her family so I don't think it's a distance thing for her. She will not be going to Illinois/Purdue (in-conference school).

The question is ... will OSU let her go where she wants to go?

What if she goes to South Carolina! Would Ododa go to Tennessee? Or could South Carolina get both???

What if she goes to South Carolina! Would Ododa go to Tennessee? Or could South Carolina get both???

To my knowledge, South Carolina doesn't really have any top recruit size coming in. Wilson next year and Jennings (2 years left) and that is it. To me they are us a couple years ago when we needed size bad. L. Williams is listed as 6'2 but I don't recall her being a 'banger' at all.

Last edited:
Loyalty to a fault. If I were a parent of Nia Moore, Kortney Dunbar or Kamera Harris I would had told them to transfer from Tennessee because of Holly being a terrible coach.

So I don't see anything wrong with players transferring their 1st year. Why wait around. Leave immediately if possible.

Holly's coaching has nothing to do with those girls ability to play. They would not be seeing the floor in any top program.

Reactions: 4 people
To my knowledge, South Carolina doesn't really have any top recruit size coming in. Wilson next year and Jennings (2 years left) and that is it. To me they are us a couple years ago when we needed size bad. L. Williams is listed as 6'2 but I don't recall her being a 'banger' at all.

South Carolina is bringing in two elite level wings in 5'11 Bianca Jackson and 6'1 Elisia Grissett (#4 wing in the class) that will help spell minutes in the roles Davis and Gray leave behind. They also bring in LaDazhia Williams who was recruited by a ton of top programs, including Tennessee. She is every bit as good as any newcomer post next season. She is 6'3, mobile and has a ton of upside. Dawn got a ton of production and help from Herbert-Harrigan (their other post returnee) and Harris (their starting point guard) as freshman so I see no reason Dawn won't be able to utilize these freshman as well. She also has a 5'9 guard out of Alabama coming in that can shoot lights out.

SC is not going to fall as far as some people seem to think they are.

South Carolina is bringing in two elite level wings in 5'11 Bianca Jackson and 6'1 Elisia Grissett (#4 wing in the class) that will help spell minutes in the roles Davis and Gray leave behind. They also bring in LaDazhia Williams who was recruited by a ton of top programs, including Tennessee. She is every bit as good as any newcomer post next season. She is 6'3, mobile and has a ton of upside. Dawn got a ton of production and help from Herbert-Harrigan (their other post returnee) and Harris (their starting point guard) as freshman so I see no reason Dawn won't be able to utilize these freshman as well. She also has a 5'9 guard out of Alabama coming in that can shoot lights out.

SC is not going to fall as far as some people seem to think they are.

How come everyone is saying not to count on our FRESHMEN but Dawn will have success and no problem with her freshmen taking two starting positions over and winning again?

Their #24 and 47 and 54 is better than our #2---#9...#12????

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people

With good coaching, I think Russell's lumbering can be fixed, that may be the same case with Shepard if she is willing to take instructions. Most tall girls are improperly coached in high school and college because of their size, if they are aggressive, they can dominate the court with intimidation and toughness.An example was Griner, she was all that and a bag of chips at Baylor, but had issues at the pro level until Jabar was hired to teach her the center position. If Russell received that type of instructions this Summer, she could be a beast on both ends of the court. She is three times more talented than McCowan, she just needs to be taught the position especially on defense.

How come everyone is saying not to count on our FRESHMEN but Dawn will have success and no problem with her freshmen taking two starting positions over and winning again?

Their #24 and 47 and 54 is better than our #2---#9...#12????

Better coached..

VN Store

Back