Allisha Gray and Kaela Davis declare for WNBA draft *RUMOR*

I don't blame them, they won a championship. Next year class is loaded, they can both be top ten picks.

But they bring back Wilson, 2x POY and First Team AA. They have a good group around her too, and add Kentucky transfer Alexis Jennings.

USC will still be a good team next year.

No doubt they will be good, but no one on their bench or incoming is as good as Gray and Davis. We beat them on their floor with gray, wilson, davis, and coates. We return our key players plus a good incoming class. No reason we shouldn't expect to beat them. im sure they will go with Wilson, Jennings, Harris, and Cuevas... i think the match up favors us

Reactions: 1 person
If true them Ms state and us will be the crop of sec , but wilson will still be a factor

If Russell becomes a ballhogging rebounder on both ends of the floor and improve her footwork she will be right up there with Wilson. She should be in the gym right now working upper body and foot drills

With Diamond and Kelsey Mitchell staying, Davis and Gray probably think they can draft higher this year than next. Diamond and the two Kelseys were projected to go 1-2-3. Now spots 2 and 3 are up for grabs and Davis and Gray see an opportunity. Good decision for them, really.

Reactions: 3 people
With Diamond and Kelsey Mitchell staying, Davis and Gray probably think they can draft higher this year than next. Diamond and the two Kelseys were projected to go 1-2-3. Now spots 2 and 3 are up for grabs and Davis and Gray see an opportunity. Good decision for them, really.

Yea this was a really good reason for them to jump ship Diamond would be top 3 even with Mitchell AND Aja Wilson coming out next year... next years class will be deep! Diamond , Russell, Nared just from us... the K Mitchell, Mavunga, Harper, amongst the others out there. Plus getting rid of K. Davis mom really has to be a plus for Dawn and crew!

Reactions: 2 people
If Russell becomes a ballhogging rebounder on both ends of the floor and improve her footwork she will be right up there with Wilson. She should be in the gym right now working upper body and foot drills

Russell needs to bulk up and be more aggressive to be up there with wilson.

I hate to be a Negative Nancy but why would we compete for a title next year? We had Diamond and Mercedes this year and we didn't really accomplish a lot. Why will next year be different? Holly is still the coach. The offense will be hit or miss (mostly miss) with lots of standing around and double digit turnovers. The defense will be wildly inconsistent, too. The coaching staff will never demand excellence. They just don't know how.

Sure, we'll have some good wins because when your team is full of All Americans, you sometimes find a way to succeed in SPITE of your coach, but unfortunately, I don't see how or why we'd consistently put together enough wins to be ranked top 5 or win the SEC regular season or SEC tournament title or make the Final 4. We just don't have the coaching staff to get that consistency and haven't since 2008.

If coach Muffet McGraw or Wes Moore were transferring to coach the exact same players, I'd be excited. Otherwise, I'm strapped in for a season exactly like the one we just finished. I'd love to be wrong, but definition of insanity ...

Reactions: 5 people
I hate to be a Negative Nancy but why would we compete for a title next year? We had Diamond and Mercedes this year and we didn't really accomplish a lot. Why will next year be different? Holly is still the coach. The offense will be hit or miss (mostly miss) with lots of standing around and double digit turnovers. The defense will be wildly inconsistent, too. The coaching staff will never demand excellence. They just don't know how.

Sure, we'll have some good wins because when your team is full of All Americans, you sometimes find a way to succeed in SPITE of your coach, but unfortunately, I don't see how or why we'd consistently put together enough wins to be ranked top 5 or win the SEC regular season or SEC tournament title or make the Final 4. We just don't have the coaching staff to get that consistency and haven't since 2008.

If coach Muffet McGraw or Wes Moore were transferring to coach the exact same players, I'd be excited. Otherwise, I'm strapped in for a season exactly like the one we just finished. I'd love to be wrong, but definition of insanity ...

Either youre just being negative or you missed a few games. I have been critcal of the staff and holly but i also know how to give them credit. 2016 recruiting was awful, they redeem themselves by adding a new coach and getting the #1 ranked class. Secondly, the offense was so much better this year, they actually ran sets, they set screens, players moved without the ball, a zone defense didnt kill us this year... The offense looked much better than last years. You also mentioned muffet McGraw, well Holly out coached her this year. Holly's game management was much better.... The issue was that team was essentially playing 3 on 5(7 or 8 if you include other teams bench) Nared, DD, MR had to do it all with little help. The games the team won other players stepped up and hit shots too. Lastly, Holly couldn't bench Nared,DD, or MR when they werent playing well or to send a message that they needed to play harder because she didnt have anyone else to play. The season did not go the way we wanted it but i did notice the improvements the staff and holly made. The team needs positivity and support

Reactions: 9 people
Incidentally, my understanding is that players had to declare for the draft within 24 hours of the season ending. They have a week or so to reconsider and pull out. So it could be that Allisha and Kaela entered to keep their options open, but nothing is final until draft night and if their names are still on the entry.

Yes, Holly's back, but there's still hope that problems can be addressed and changes will be made. New assistants can be brought in, players can work on their game during the offseason, leadership (lacking this year) can step up, talented freshmen can provide a boost of energy and confidence, Te'a and Green can make a difference, former LVs can provide motivation and this very talented group can figure out how to come together into a cohesive team that works together and plays to win every game.

And if none of that gives you hope, then ask yourself: do we have 30 points sitting on the bench? Because the Big 3 are back and they average 50 points a game. If all that talent-- Middleton, Dunbar, Jackson, Cooper, Green, Westbrook, Hayes, Davis, KK and Harris-- can contribute a combined 25-35 points a game, the LVs have the firepower to beat anybody.

Reactions: 4 people
Incidentally, my understanding is that players had to declare for the draft within 24 hours of the season ending. They have a week or so to reconsider and pull out. So it could be that Allisha and Kaela entered to keep their options open, but nothing is final until draft night and if their names are still on the entry.

They are expected to stay in the draft, dawn was interviewed today and said that she is not expecting them to withdraw their names.

Carolina loses Coates, Gray, and Davis. The SEC race is ours to lose.

I hope for the best but MSU, TA&M, USC is not going to gift wrap it for us, we will have to earn it with good coaching and outstanding play, something we have been inconsistent at for the last few years. We have top 4 talent the problem will be living up to that talent and beyond.

I am cautiously hoping for great results next year but will not be surprised if we fall short, however, we are in the right position to have a great season. If Holly blows this one, she should be tarred and feathered and ran out of Knoxville on a rail, period.

I hate to be a Negative Nancy but why would we compete for a title next year? .

Obviously, you don't hate being a negative nancy, though the old SNL sketch "Debbie Downer" is probably more fitting:

Hey, Diamond and Mercedes are staying to play with Jamie and a #1 recruiting class! yeah,

Debbie Downer: But Holly is still coaching us, whaawhaawhaa.

I would assume the DD and MR are returning because a believe an NC is very possible. We have the Big 3 plus Cooper, a new infusion of guard talent and more front line reinforcements with this season's red shirts.

Holly has options she simply did not have last season.

If you can't get excited about the potential for next year, then why even pretend to be a LV fan?

As for the cliche about the definition of insanity, talk to a Cubs fan;

Reactions: 4 people
Obviously, you don't hate being a negative nancy, though the old SNL sketch "Debbie Downer" is probably more fitting:

I would assume the DD and MR are returning because a believe an NC is very possible. We have the Big 3 plus Cooper, a new infusion of guard talent and more front line reinforcements with this season's red shirts.

Holly has options she simply did not have last season.

If you can't get excited about the potential for next year, then why even pretend to be a LV fan?

As for the cliche about the definition of insanity, talk to a Cubs fan;

Good to know we only have 99 years to go!!!

Either youre just being negative or you missed a few games. I have been critcal of the staff and holly but i also know how to give them credit. 2016 recruiting was awful, they redeem themselves by adding a new coach and getting the #1 ranked class. Secondly, the offense was so much better this year, they actually ran sets, they set screens, players moved without the ball, a zone defense didnt kill us this year... The offense looked much better than last years. You also mentioned muffet McGraw, well Holly out coached her this year. Holly's game management was much better.... The issue was that team was essentially playing 3 on 5(7 or 8 if you include other teams bench) Nared, DD, MR had to do it all with little help. The games the team won other players stepped up and hit shots too. Lastly, Holly couldn't bench Nared,DD, or MR when they werent playing well or to send a message that they needed to play harder because she didnt have anyone else to play. The season did not go the way we wanted it but i did notice the improvements the staff and holly made. The team needs positivity and support

Cherry picking Holly positives does not change the fact that for the last 2 seasons Tennessee has lost a total of 26 games while looking like a team with no direction on the court. :crazy:

VN Store

Back