2017 NCAA Women's Basketball Rankings - Postseason (Apr. 4)

sisaq

Wow.. No lady vols in the poll..

USA Today Coaches Poll
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 South Carolina (32)
2 Mississippi State
3 Connecticut
4 Stanford
5 Notre Dame
6 Baylor
7 Florida State
8 Maryland
9 Oregon State
10 Ohio State
11 Washington
12 Louisville
13 UCLA
14 Texas
15 Duke
16 Oregon
17 NC State
18 DePaul
19 Miami
20 West Virginia
21 Oklahoma
22 Syracuse
23 Quinnipiac
24 Drake
25 Kentucky
• Others receiving votes: Arizona State 57, Temple 52, Michigan 36, Kansas State 20, Creighton 17, South Florida 13, Tennessee 7, Florida Gulf Coast 7, Marquette 6, Missouri 3, Georgia Tech 2, Elon 2, Virginia 1

Wow.. No lady vols in the poll..

USA Today Coaches Poll
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 South Carolina (32)
2 Mississippi State
3 Connecticut
4 Stanford
5 Notre Dame
6 Baylor
7 Florida State
8 Maryland
9 Oregon State
10 Ohio State
11 Washington
12 Louisville
13 UCLA
14 Texas
15 Duke
16 Oregon
17 NC State
18 DePaul
19 Miami
20 West Virginia
21 Oklahoma
22 Syracuse
23 Quinnipiac
24 Drake
25 Kentucky
• Others receiving votes: Arizona State 57, Temple 52, Michigan 36, Kansas State 20, Creighton 17, South Florida 13, Tennessee 7, Florida Gulf Coast 7, Marquette 6, Missouri 3, Georgia Tech 2, Elon 2, Virginia 1

Never thought I'd see the day where the Lady Vols were ranked behind Quinnipiac, Drake, South Florida, Creighton, and Temple.

Yea, it means something--shows how far we've fallen as a program, off the map, practically.

This ranking means nothing were back starting next season.

We still have the same coaching staff that has us ranked below Quinnipiac back. The "this means nothing" was the same thing that Old Dominion and Louisiana Tech said a decade ago.

Crazy to say the least if this doesn't give them some locker room material to post I don't know what will! I'd post this, SC holding the trophy, and anything else that would help motivate them to play to their potential. I hope Holly takes note and brings in an offensive minded person or go spend the summer with one and get an identity ... you can still hang your hat on defense and rebounding but you gotta have something to fall back on when you needn't to go to some sort of sets. Pat went and spent time with the Villanova coach years ago (when geno said he harry had left him for an older woman) because she understood she had to change. She also got in on convos with Coach K to talk about ball movement. Holly you need to do the same! Tell your staff! We are going for a week and spending it with Greg Pop or fly Becky Hammon in to look at some individual work outs over the summer sessions. I guarantee she would get in those girls ears! She was a master at scoring and setting up teammates especially for being so small she had to out think opponents. Then bring in Catch a week to do some individual work on rebounding and defense.

All in all they deserve to be out the polls and should earn their way back into it! Makes victory all the more sweet.

VN Store

Back