Cheridene Green

ATLVolFan06

Many ppl are singing the praises of Green. She had great JUCO stats. Has anyone seen any clips of her? If so, please provide a link.

Reactions: 1 person
She is stronger than Bashaara was, but not as fast as Bash. She is a thicker (not in a bad way) Evelyn Akhator and goes for every rebound.

She isn't afraid of contact either.

I expect double digit RPG from her next season.

Reactions: 2 people
She is stronger than Bashaara was, but not as fast as Bash. She is a thicker (not in a bad way) Evelyn Akhator and goes for every rebound.

She isn't afraid of contact either.

I expect double digit RPG from her next season.

Do you expect her to start or contribute heavily right off the back? How are she and Te'a looking after their injuries ?

Do you expect her to start or contribute heavily right off the back? How are she and Te'a looking after their injuries ?

She could start, depending on the team/matchups.

I don't think either are doing contact drills yet, but I could be wrong. They look good though, from what I'm hearing.

Having Te'a back is going to completely change this team. She was the missing piece last season.

Cooper upgrade over Jackson or Middleton
Green upgrade of Qui
Westbrook and Hayes upgrade over Reynolds.

These are the players that should make this team a lot better than they were this season.

Reactions: 4 people
She could start, depending on the team/matchups.

I don't think either are doing contact drills yet, but I could be wrong. They look good though, from what I'm hearing.

Having Te'a back is going to completely change this team. She was the missing piece last season.

Thanks for the update... I asked you in another thread... did you hear about the exodus from MD of players? One being Destiny Slocum who proclaimed their leader for the future ? Seems like a big blow ! One also being their 6'6" center from GA who was a MD commit for a long time!

Thanks for the update... I asked you in another thread... did you hear about the exodus from MD of players? One being Destiny Slocum who proclaimed their leader for the future ? Seems like a big blow ! One also being their 6'6" center from GA who was a MD commit for a long time!

Surprised about Slocum, not about the others.

I would keep an eye on Arkansas for Slocum. She was really close to Mike Neighbors, and Arkansas is much more like Idaho than the DC area is. Her mom is ill as well, so she could very well be heading close to home.

Last edited:
Surprised about Slocum, not about the others.

I would keep an eye on Arkansas for Slocum. She was really close to Mike Neighbors, and Arkansas is much more like Idaho than the DC area is. Her mom is ill as well, so she could very well be heading close to home.

Ah ok I wonder what schools would fill that need of a big time talent and give that close to home necessity. Should be interesting.

AFTER LONG WAIT, GREEN EYES LADY VOL DEBUT

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Making it to the pinnacle of NCAA Division I basketball has all sorts of hurdles, and one member of the Lady Vols has been challenged to overcome more than she could have imagined.

Born in London, England, redshirt junior forward Cheridene Green was determined to accomplish her goal of playing basketball at the highest levels. Playing for the Great Britain U20 team, Green sees representing her country as a high honor, yet something in her basketball career still eluded her.

Like many of her peers, earning a scholarship to study abroad and play basketball at a D-I school in America is a goal from the start. After many strong years of development, Green had offers on the table from Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Arizona State and others coming out of high school, but the future Lady Vol knew that she needed some more time to hone her skills.

Declining scholarship offers from various D-I programs, Green chose to go to junior college first, using connections to enroll in ASA College in Brooklyn, New York.

"I was pushing myself a lot, and I really wanted to be more versatile and extend my game," said Green. "I told my coach that, so he really worked hard with me every day."

Taking the junior college route paid off for Green, dominating her competition at ASA College. Averaging a double-double both seasons (20.5 ppg./16.5 rpg. in 2015-16 and 13.4 ppg./11.1 rpg. in 2014-15), Green's plan was going the way she envisioned, until a game in February of her sophomore season changed everything.

Suffering a major right knee injury, Green's stellar season came to an abrupt end. Unsure where the next step was in her career, a call from a familiar voice pointed her in the right direction.

Lady Vols' assistant Sharrona Reaves had recruited Green when the coach previously was at West Virginia. Because of the relationship they had built during that process, Green decided to oblige Reaves and pay a visit to Tennessee.

"I was actually studying and I got the call from Coach Reaves, and I knew her before from West Virginia," said Green. She was kind of breaking it down and explaining the opportunities she was giving me, so I had to trust her because it was kind of last minute in a way.

"I was thinking about Syracuse and Rutgers at the same time, so I said let me just visit and see how I like it. And, I really liked it."

Committing to Tennessee fulfilled Green's goal of earning a collegiate basketball scholarship at a premier program. Even with the scholarship in hand, however, Green understood she had a long road to stabilizing her injured knee.

Sitting out the entire 2016-17 season, Green stuck to an intense rehab schedule. In the fall and early spring, she was able to get back on the court for minor work, such as shooting and simple court exercises.

Recently, Green finally got back to running physical two-on-two drills with her teammates for the first time since February of 2016. Regaining muscle strength around her knee took time, but now she is ready to suit up for the Orange and White this season.

"[The coaches] have been extremely helpful, which was a big shock for me because I expected them to focus on their season last year and worry about the team," said Green. "They were very supportive and always checking in on me.

"It made the process a lot easier for me."

Soon enough, Green will become the first international signee to play for the Lady Vols in program history. In an experience full of hurdles, Green has remained determined to achieve a goal that she and her international teammates all share.

"It's not like they recruited me before my injury; they gave me the opportunity knowing that I had the injury," said Green. "The feeling is just overwhelming, but in a good way, because I'm so very excited to play."

she old school lady vol like pashe thompson,tiffani johnson.i hope she is mean as dana johnson was.thats what we have been lacking,we have these thin not aggressive,afraid of contact.you need physical posts.

she old school lady vol like pashe thompson,tiffani johnson.i hope she is mean as dana johnson was.thats what we have been lacking,we have these thin not aggressive,afraid of contact.you need physical posts.
Judging from their opinion of Diana Taurasi, people here don't want mean aggressive players. Not what TN is all about.

aggressive? by all means!

Mean, Nasty and foulmouthed? Not much.

Geno & DT were a match made in hades and they deserved each other.

Reactions: 6 people
Did you EVER see Pashen or Tiffany play? They were the dirtiest players and thought they could intimidate those 'white' girls from UCONN, but who got the last laugh. And Tiffany was 'kicked' off the team by Pat!!! So really who's nasty? ��

Did you EVER see Pashen or Tiffany play? They were the dirtiest players and thought they could intimidate those 'white' girls from UCONN, but who got the last laugh. And Tiffany was 'kicked' off the team by Pat!!! So really who's nasty? ��

Didn't they both win national titles? Plus, didn't Tiffani Johnson play in the WNBA and overseas ? I think she even was a WNBA champion. From the games I watched (all be it on YouTube) Pashen Thompson was a gritty SEC type player never seemed malicious. As far as those "white girls" from UCONN I think they would just wanna dominate any UCONN player. Just like Diana Taurasi punched the padding underneath the basket because she said when she sees the color orange she wants to hit it. Funny thing her Phoenix unis are orange now 😂😂😂 I wonder if she wants to punch herself ?

Last edited:
Didn't they both win national titles? Plus, didn't Tiffani Johnson play in the WNBA and overseas ? I think she even was a WNBA champion. From the games I watched (all be it on YouTube) Pashen Thompson was a gritty SEC type player never seemed malicious. As far as those "white girls" from UCONN I think they would just wanna dominate any UCONN player. Just like Diana Taurasi punched the padding underneath the basket because she said when she sees the color orange she wants to hit it. Funny thing her Phoenix unis are orange now 😂😂😂 I wonder if she wants to punch herself ?

Thank you : ) I usually don't recommend feeding the trolls but bon appétit!

Good one!!! What you call gritty is perfect word for the Vols back in the day

Good one!!! What you call gritty is perfect word for the Vols back in the day

I don't know these Vols you speak of but Pashen had a very "gritty" performance in 97 when the LADY Vols took down undefeated UConn in the elite eight. That was Pashen's last game versus UConn so I think she had the last laugh, Tiffani did too the following year.

Reactions: 3 people
New article on Green she is looking good hopefully 100 percent healthy.

http://www.utsports.com/news/2017/7/12/womens-basketball-after-long-wait-green-eyes-lady-vol-debut.aspx

97142_20160823_WB_Photoday_DP_464.jpg

VN Store

Back