My AP preseason top 5 team prediction.

maxvolfan

With Diamond and Russell back I believe they will be in the top 5.

Uconn
South Carolina
Texas
Tenn
ND/Msst

I'd prefer we not even start in the Top 25 and just work our way in. I think that's what we need. We need to EARN our spot again.

Reactions: 6 people
We are going to be loaded but the biggest difference this year I hope is we have good depth at each position our stars will not have to play big minutes in etc which is huge go lady vols

Reactions: 1 person

Uconn
South Carolina
Texas
Tenn
ND/Msst

Certainly going to be several of the top teams. I think were looking better than SC but that will definitely be determined by the season.

I would go UConn, Texas, Tennessee, Notre Dame, SC, Miss St, Baylor, Stanford, Maryland, and Ohio State. Louisville could easily be in there as well.

Uconn
South Carolina
Texas
Tenn
ND/Msst

No way Holly will make sure she coaches the talent down to the other team's talent we are playing as long as she is here no more elite 8's much less final 4's those day's are over to we make a change.:thud:We are Tennessee we settle for average these day's in our sports program's.:eek:hmy:

Last edited:
I'd prefer we not even start in the Top 25 and just work our way in. I think that's what we need. We need to EARN our spot again.

Not having the LV in the top 25 would be totally disrespectful but I get it . You want them to be hungry I hope . But they had MSST ranked 11th last yr and it worked for them. Our expectations should still remain high so I have them still at 4. With our roster if we lose to those teams we lost to last year again them we have a problem.

I think we'll definitely be listed in the top ten to start the season adding Cooper and Green and the four freshmen give this team as much talent as anyone in WCCB. Were young with three veteran players and you hope they will mix together well. The Big three were good for 49 points per game now you are only asking two other starters and the bench to chip in 30 points. If we score around 80 we'll beat almost all the teams we play.
The game at Stanford will be tough and think we have a road game at Notre Dame. We have Miss St and SC in conference so not an easy season but I expect us to have less than 7 losses when the season is over and make the final four.

I think we will be fine against Stanford. They lose Erica Mcall and Karlie Samuelsson.

Uconn
South Carolina
Texas
Tenn
ND/Msst
Hate to say it but I think we will be around that 10 to 15 range based off what we did last year and what we have coming in. Let's be honest!

Not having the LV in the top 25 would be totally disrespectful but I get it . You want them to be hungry I hope . But they had MSST ranked 11th last yr and it worked for them. Our expectations should still remain high so I have them still at 4. With our roster if we lose to those teams we lost to last year again them we have a problem.

Yea I just get the impression that starting from the bottom and developing that hunger that made us Lady Vols will be good for this group. We've become somewhat elitist and spoiled and that's not what made us champions.

We have to beat the Bamas and the Ole Miss teams before I put them in the top 5. Just because I'm a fan not giving them any slack. How you going to put them at #4 when Miss State, South Carolina will have their whole team back, Texas beat us they will be better, UCONN, Louisville beat us they will be back not to mention other teams that are improving. We still have to see what our incoming freshman are about and hope that we don't have the same kind of inconsistent team we just had. I know you are a UT fan like me and you want us in the top 5 but be real for a second. I guarantee even the voters want have us in the top 5. I see that 10-15 range.

Tennessee nor Texas should be in the top 5 until they prove they should be there. Major underachievers, both of them.

Maybe ranked in the 17-25 range at the beginning of the season. The starters will be the same as on teams that lost 26 games the two prior seasons.

They have top 5 talent, but will need to earn the respect of the pollsters by winning games.

SC will be very good next year, but there's no excuse to finish below 3rd in the SEC. They should be challenging for first. How sad would it be for Mercedes, Diamond and Jaime to graduate without an SEC regular season championship.

Tennessee nor Texas should be in the top 5 until they prove they should be there. Major underachievers, both of them.

Texas was way better than Tennessee was this season. They struggled when Lang was injured, but were on a roll prior to that.

I have not studied rosters of other teams. TN will be ranked no lower than 5-7 because of roster. Yes they lost t many games this year to bad teams bu they also beat the best as well. Add in 6 (4TF) players all with All American Ability and yes voters will love that. No excuse final 4 or bust next year.

I have not studied rosters of other teams. TN will be ranked no lower than 5-7 because of roster. Yes they lost t many games this year to bad teams bu they also beat the best as well. Add in 6 (4TF) players all with All American Ability and yes voters will love that. No excuse final 4 or bust next year.

They won't start them that high. #1 class or not, they will have to prove themselves before they get any love from the pollsters. If they win big in the out of conference part of their schedule, they should be firmly in the top 10 by the time SEC play starts, but will need some top 15 scalps like a Baylor, Texas, Stanford, etc...

We have lost 26 games over two seasons with the big three in the starting lineup. I'm hoping things will change for the 2017-2018 season. Even with an unclear offensive philosophy, we've won big games against top teams. I just wonder how good we could be with an established offense that is conducive to the players strengths and abilities.

I do think we are upgrading at the PG position, which is good. Next season, I want to see a fired-up Mercedes Russell in action. She simply hasn't been intimidating to opponents at all in her time at UT. I think Te'a and Mercedes are key.

Additionally, I really hope that Holly's substitution patterns aren't weird just because we have the numbers. Yes, we have depth, but I hope she allows the starting five to jell in a game. In years past, she would make unnecessary substitutions while the unit on the floor was going on a run and doing just fine.

We have lost 26 games over two seasons with the big three in the starting lineup. I'm hoping things will change for the 2017-2018 season. Even with an unclear offensive philosophy, we've won big games against top teams. I just wonder how good we could be with an established offense that is conducive to the players strengths and abilities.

I do think we are upgrading at the PG position, which is good. Next season, I want to see a fired-up Mercedes Russell in action. She simply hasn't been intimidating to opponents at all in her time at UT. I think Te'a and Mercedes are key.

Selfish reasons or not maybe having your draft stock depend on how dominate of a center you are may help her be more aggressive. Play smart but there is no reason why she shouldn't be an enforcer in the middle now because there are backups that can eat some of those minutes. Even if small minutes there are people to rely on. I think having Te'a and her attacking aggressive style back on the court along with more aggressive guards will benefit everyone.

Hate to say it but I think we will be around that 10 to 15 range based off what we did last year and what we have coming in. Let's be honest!

To be honest the only reason they would rank this team that low is the pollsters not believing Holly can get them there.

All valid points as to why they should be ranked lower. Preseason doesn't prove a thing or beneficial. But to me the team will have two missing keys next yr. A talented bench and a true point guard. We have all the pieces to win the SEC championship and get back to the FF.

Selfish reasons or not maybe having your draft stock depend on how dominate of a center you are may help her be more aggressive. Play smart but there is no reason why she shouldn't be an enforcer in the middle now because there are backups that can eat some of those minutes. Even if small minutes there are people to rely on. I think having Te'a and her attacking aggressive style back on the court along with more aggressive guards will benefit everyone.

Those are good points. We need to have an offensive threat, or at least five players looking to score at every position. That's why I'm already throwing T'ea in with the Big Three. The fifth spot is up for grabs.

VN Store

Back