GREAT Behind The Scenes Knox News Article on LV Signees

Did anyone read how Westbrook identified herself as a point guard?? Just excited how she already sees herself as an extension of the coach and expects players and staff to be on the same page.

I love their mentality and tbh I feel they will help the current players a lot more than they will help the freshmen. They just have a different mentality and I pray they don't allow any person or circumstance to alter that.

Go Lady Vols and I look forward to next season!

Last edited:
Show me, Holly has ZERO excuses. Not that she has one now, with our coaches we currently have we need the best players. GBO!!!!

I believe Westbrook starts from game one. She is very intelligent floor leader, excellent passer, and knows how to get post players the ball. I don't know which way Holly will go but if we go small it could be Russell, Nared, Deshields, Cooper, and Westbrook starting. If we go large Green will start and still expect Cooper to move to the two position.

I think next year will be a even playing field for the race to the Championship. Our roster and bench will be loaded, SC will have no drop off on their roster, Msst will be back but with a shorter bench, Baylor will lose a huge part of their roster, Uconn will struggle at guard. The LV has the greatest chance to her back to the FF if we stay healthy.

Reactions: 1 person
I think next year will be a even playing field for the race to the Championship. Our roster and bench will be loaded, SC will have no drop off on their roster, Msst will be back but with a shorter bench, Baylor will lose a huge part of their roster, Uconn will struggle at guard. The LV has the greatest chance to her back to the FF if we stay healthy.

Baylor will reload after losing 3 starters. Their returning players and incoming freshman will fill the gap of the departed seniors. They should have the best rotation in the country by far.

UConn will have Nurse and Dangerfield at PG. They will have solid depth at all 5 positions with good size, athleticism and shooting. They will be scary good.

Tennessee should be in the pack with SC, Texas, OSU, Miss State, Stanford and Baylor as the best if the 2nd tier behind UConn, who will be an overwhelming favorite to win it all. Depending on Turner's health, the Luck of the Irish may come to an end.

Last edited:
Show me, Holly has ZERO excuses. Not that she has one now, with our coaches we currently have we need the best players. GBO!!!!

Holly will beat Tennessee not the other team but Holly will see to it that we lose when it counts the most.:thud:

I think a lot of things will change for the Lady Vols. We will finally have a strong bench. I think it is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, overall in WBB. A weak bench hurt us last year. Next year these players will push each other to play their best. I think we will be in a great position. Look out Gamecocks the Lady Vols have you in their sights.

Reactions: 2 people
I think a lot of things will change for the Lady Vols. We will finally have a strong bench. I think it is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, overall in WBB. A weak bench hurt us last year. Next year these players will push each other to play their best. I think we will be in a great position. Look out Gamecocks the Lady Vols have you in their sights.

They're still freshman. Baylor had 3 of the best recruits come in this year, and it took them time to acclimate to the college game, and they often sat on the bench when the games were tight.

They have the potential to be good, but i don't think we can count on them to be gamechangers from the get go.

Holly will beat Tennessee not the other team but Holly will see to it that we lose when it counts the most.:thud:

She will be playing MeMe and Middleton and letting the freshmen sit and learn from the experienced players. When the freshmen could beat them in a heads up match. I am already worried how she will substitute. Hopefully, she has learned from her mistakes????

They're still freshman. Baylor had 3 of the best recruits come in this year, and it took them time to acclimate to the college game, and they often sat on the bench when the games were tight.

They have the potential to be good, but i don't think we can count on them to be gamechangers from the get go.[/QUOTE

The Baylor recruits you speak of, contributed a lot after January. That is the time when we will need at least two of the recruits to contribute. You do not have to be a game changer to contribute. We still have Green, who can sub for Russell. Hopefully Harris can contribute after being in the program for a year. The recruits are all athletic and appear to have a high basketball IQ. I know there is a learning curve but I believe we will see significant contributions by some of the recruits. History will tell the real story.:good!:

Last edited:
How come Harris didn't get much PT? I was hoping to see more of her.

They have the potential to be good, but i don't think we can count on them to be gamechangers from the get go.[/QUOTE

The Baylor recruits you speak of, contributed a lot after January. That is the time when we will need at least two of the recruits to contribute. You do not have to be a game changer to contribute. We still have Green, who can sub for Russell. Hopefully Harris can contribute after being in the program for a year. The recruits are all athletic and appear to have a high basketball IQ. I know there is a learning curve but I believe we will see significant contributions by some of the recruits. History will tell the real story.:good!:

Did you watch any Baylor games ?
While Chou was playing better, in the later part of the season, Landrum played so infrequently that there's talk of her possibily transferring.
Which brings us to Cox. She was AWOL in the NCAAT (outside of the first round game against the #16 seed) and she needs to make a huge jump, going into her sophomore year, if Baylor wants to contend for a NC.

Yep !!!! ^^^^

The difference between Baylor and Tennessee is that when Baylor plays a lesser team, they go straight for the jugular. The game is over in the first half, and that provides opportunity for the bench players to get a lot of playing time. Tennessee plays down to their competition, so you have Russell playing 40 minutes against scrub teams while Harris gets butt splinters.

If that trend continues, Holly will rely on her upperclassmen to pull out these types of games. I don't see her pulling Diamond or Jaime for Rennia unless there is foul trouble.

In some ways, Diamond and MR coming back will slow down the freshmen's growth the first year since they will be playing behind potential All American candidates and generally don't have a lot of end to end blowouts where the freshmen can log big minutes.

The difference between Baylor and Tennessee is that when Baylor plays a lesser team, they go straight for the jugular. The game is over in the first half, and that provides opportunity for the bench players to get a lot of playing time. Tennessee plays down to their competition, so you have Russell playing 40 minutes against scrub teams while Harris gets butt splinters.

If that trend continues, Holly will rely on her upperclassmen to pull out these types of games. I don't see her pulling Diamond or Jaime for Rennia unless there is foul trouble.

In some ways, Diamond and MR coming back will slow down the freshmen's growth the first year since they will be playing behind potential All American candidates and generally don't have a lot of end to end blowouts where the freshmen can log big minutes.

Will the recruits play AAU ball this summer?

Will they start summer school at UT?

When is first time to start bonding/practing with the lady vols?

Will the recruits play AAU ball this summer?

Will they start summer school at UT?

When is first time to start bonding/practing with the lady vols?

You act like these are the first recruits that have ever been signed to college. That is all.

You act like these are the first recruits that have ever been signed to college. That is all.

I thought you would know the answers. I really wonder if they start this summer? Or will play summer ball with AAU. Sorry if I bothered you.

I thought you would know the answers. I really wonder if they start this summer? Or will play summer ball with AAU. Sorry if I bothered you.

I'm pretty sure they'd start summer school and not risk injury with an AAU team. I know Te'a and Meme came to Tennessee in the summer after they graduated to train and workout with the team.

VN Store

Back